Windows 10: What is folder .WDTemp ? (its 45 GB on my new installed WIN 10!!!).

Discus and support What is folder .WDTemp ? (its 45 GB on my new installed WIN 10!!!). in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone please explain what on earth this folder is in my WIN10 root and if I can delete it? I received a new pc (Surface Book) and after updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pmp, Dec 5, 2015.

1. PMP
    pmp Win User

What is folder .WDTemp ? (its 45 GB on my new installed WIN 10!!!).

Can someone please explain what on earth this folder is in my WIN10 root and if I can delete it? I received a new pc (Surface Book) and after updating it I tried to SHRINK the single very large disk to allow me to reinstall my Insider partition but it would not shrink as much as I would have liked and I think part of the reason was this enormous 45GB folder of multiple entries around about 3MB over a 5 day period.

Can I safely delete the folder? I am concerned that it might be some disk temperature logging data which might be useful if I have a suspect drive which may need replacement... but I have no idea what it is but I am sure it was not on my previous pc which just died.
    Any advice would be welcome. The naming of the individual files is like.. 3bd00e89-4117-4268-8405-587d943d214d
    Thanks peter

:)

2. John369XP Win User

What is Hardware Reserved memory and can it be changed?

1 of my machines Win 10 Pro 64 bit 16 GB ram has a Hardware Reserve of 52 MB the

other Win 10 Pro 32 Bit 4 GB ram has a Hardware Reserve of 557 MB.

My friends Win 10 Home 32 Bit 8 GB ram has a Hardware Reserved of 6.4 GB.

How can this be? Windows 32 bit machine can only see less the 4 GB's?

Can this be decreased?

Any Help, information or comments will be appreciated.

[Moved from:Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

John369XP, Dec 5, 2015
  3. What is the C:\Recovery folder

Hi Rob,

I see this is a thread from 6 years ago but since there is nothing out there for the same exact question for Windows 10, I thought I would give you a try . I got this 3 GB huge folder on my new Dell inspiron 11 3000 series windows 10 tablet with only 27
    GB hard disk... and I would like to get rid of it. can you help?

thanks a lot in advance, john

johnsmith_986, Dec 5, 2015
Thema:

What is folder .WDTemp ? (its 45 GB on my new installed WIN 10!!!).

1. What is folder .WDTemp ? (its 45 GB on my new installed WIN 10!!!). - Similar Threads - folder WDTemp installed

2. new install of Win 10 with USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new install of Win 10 with USB: About ready to start a new build. I've already purchased my Win 10 OS. Should I use this after I finish the build or create a Win !0 installation USB with the key I have from the computer I'm using now. Also, any certain YouTube I should use if I go the USB route? Thank...
  3. Problem with new Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with new Win 10 install: I have a problem with Win 10 - can't rename anything pinned to Quick access in File Explorer. There is no rename option. If I rename something in properties, it renames the actual folder, not the entry in Quick access. Network paths have no option of renaming of any kind. I...
  4. cannot create a new folder in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot create a new folder in Win 10: I have not been able to create a folder in windows 10 for sometime now. need advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-new-folder-in-win-10/dcd0b5ba-62b3-40fc-8d87-7c77faac1f68
  5. installing win 10 on a new hdd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installing win 10 on a new hdd: I purchased a Sony laptop several years ago that came with win8 MS offered a free upgrade to win10 that I took advantage of When my unit crashed a while back, I was able to download a media creation tool to a flash drive. to reintall win 10 I now have to replace this hd...
  6. Create a tree-type list of folders contained in a 45+ GB PST

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Create a tree-type list of folders contained in a 45+ GB PST: The file was exported from a similarly sized working OST file. The User it belongs to is mystified at how they got so many multiple folders inside of other folders and does not really believe this is the case. I would like to print a folder-tree of the contents of her Outlook...
  7. Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC?

Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC?: I was looking around and it seems very confused. Because it's a new PC it needs the cheaper OEM software, but this seems to be only supplied on disc. Rather odd considering many builds don't even have a disc player now. I see I can just download the source to create an...
  8. Install win 10 x64 on a 40 GB HDD?

Install win 10 x64 on a 40 GB HDD?: Hi is it a good idea to install windows 10 x64 bit on a 40 GB HDD? I know that the minimum HDD space requirement is 20 GB. I'm planning to only use that drive for OS/updates only and programs will be installed someone else. I want to see if my computer is able to handle...
  9. Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD

Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD: Want install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD drive. Already have Win 10 Pro installed and working on a 500 GB drive. Have bootable Win 10 on usb created with the windows tool. Now for the questions *Smile 1. I will disconnect all drives except for the new SSD, and try the...
  10. What is the ".WDtemp' folder? Mine is 50GB!!

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the ".WDtemp' folder? Mine is 50GB!!: Could someone please explain to me what this folder is in my C-drive? Its enormous and might well be the reason I couldn't SHRINK the partition down as much as I would have liked! ( I am just rebuilding a new pc system after my pc totally died). I trawled the Web and found...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the WDtemp folder

2. what is .wdtemp folder

3. .wdtemp folder

4. What is the wd.temp folder