Windows 10: What is folder WpSystem / WUDownloadCache / Windows apps?

Discus and support What is folder WpSystem / WUDownloadCache / Windows apps? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! Just upgraded to an SSD for my games, reinstalled everything and noticed theses folders? I couldn't really find anything online on what they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheFoulest, Oct 19, 2020.

1. What is folder WpSystem / WUDownloadCache / Windows apps?

Hey!

Just upgraded to an SSD for my games, reinstalled everything and noticed theses folders?

I couldn't really find anything online on what they are, I saw something about a Windows phone? But I dont own one.

I did install a Froza 4 from the Microsoft store and oddly cant find where its downloaded?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/TheFoulest
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheFoulest, Oct 19, 2020

2. WPSystem Lockout

Hi, being the idiot that I am, I moved the folders "WindowsApps", "WUDownloadCache", and "SoftwareDistribution" into my WPSystem folder. Because my WPSystem folder has security measures that don't allow me to access anything inside, I cannot take these
    folders back out. The fact that these folders are in WPSystem has tampered with some of my photos and Windows10 functionality. I'd like to get them back out ASAP. Please help, thanks.

jcjonesiii, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Can't install Windows Store apps to SD card

The cache reset did not work. The storage was set to sd card. It appears that 3 folders are created on the SD card for the store, WindowsApps, WpSystem, and WUDownloadCache. What should the permissions be for these folders? I have access denied for WindowsApps.

Edit: Just for the record, I deleted the WpSystem and WUDownloadCache folders on the SD card and it allowed installation of Store app to the SD card. WindowsApps could not be deleted due to access denied.

Resourceful, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Darrell.m Win User

What is folder WpSystem / WUDownloadCache / Windows apps?

Is deleting the WpSystem Folder Safe?

from my understanding of me accidently moving the folder, wpsystem is used in conjunction with windows store apps. moving the folder made my apps (halo app and halo 5 forge to be specific) to crash immediately after running. With that bit of information,
    deleting WpSystem is not safe in my opinion.

Darrell.m, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

What is folder WpSystem / WUDownloadCache / Windows apps?

1. What is folder WpSystem / WUDownloadCache / Windows apps? - Similar Threads - folder WpSystem WUDownloadCache

2. WUDownloadCache folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WUDownloadCache folder: What is the WUDownloadCache folder? Why is it on my HDD instead of SSD? Is it the reason why Windows update takes about 45 minutes to install on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wudownloadcache-folder/2b97efae-121d-4875-a9a3-b37efefe0172
  3. WUDownloadCache folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WUDownloadCache folder: What is the WUDownloadCache folder? Why is it on my HDD instead of SSD? Is it the reason why Windows update takes about 45 minutes to install on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wudownloadcache-folder/2b97efae-121d-4875-a9a3-b37efefe0172
  4. What is WpSystem folder? Is it safe to delete it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is WpSystem folder? Is it safe to delete it?: [ATTACH]While deleting some files from the hard drive, some users have found a folder named WpSystem. According to them, they did not create this folder on their hard drives. Most of them have found this folder on the drive other than the C drive. If you are wondering what...
  5. WpSystem Folder on D: Drive and 101 Gigs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WpSystem Folder on D: Drive and 101 Gigs: So I came across a WpSystem folder on my secondary internal hard drive windows is on my smaller SSD drive and it's 101 gigabytes. Can I delete it or is there a good reason to keep it there? As the hard drive is only 1 terabyte, I could really use the extra room. The only...
  6. WpSystem Folder on D: Drive and 101 Gigs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WpSystem Folder on D: Drive and 101 Gigs: So I came across a WpSystem folder on my secondary internal hard drive windows is on my smaller SSD drive and it's 101 gigabytes. Can I delete it or is there a good reason to keep it there? As the hard drive is only 1 terabyte, I could really use the extra room. The only...
  7. WpSystem Folder on D: Drive and 101 Gigs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Recently moved a folder to wpsystem by accident

Recently moved a folder to wpsystem by accident: I moved a folder to WpSystems by mistake and now it is not allowing me to move it out I am receiving an error code that reads Can anyone please help?...
  9. Why did the wpsystem folder and windows apps folder in my D drive from nowhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did the wpsystem folder and windows apps folder in my D drive from nowhere: I think they are supposed to be hidden right?why did they appear suddenly?this will sound paranoid but maybe spectre or meltdown is involved?(recently downloaded smt very suspicious)deleted those files after.maybe the folder apeared after i unistalled onother app...
  10. WpSystem folder

WpSystem folder: I am planning on cloning my windows drive to a different hard drive. As i was clearing off the drive i am going to clone windows to, there was one folder which didn't move. It is the WpSystem folder. When i attempted to move it, it said "your organization does not allow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wpsystem folder download