Windows 10: What is G app only seen at Windows 10 shutdown?

Discus and support What is G app only seen at Windows 10 shutdown? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This mysterious G app is running and temporarily preventing Shutdown. Two instances usually are running. Do you wish to shutdown anyways = Yes allows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MacHesney, Jun 6, 2019.

1. MacHesney Win User

What is G app only seen at Windows 10 shutdown?

This mysterious G app is running and temporarily preventing Shutdown. Two instances usually are running. Do you wish to shutdown anyways = Yes allows shutdown.

It only appears on one of two PCs running Windows 10 Pro 1903 10.18362.145.

Is this Google Drive running as a shadow program? Google Drive is installed on my Android device on the same local network and I am usually signed onto the same google account for gmail etc.

Repeating Shutdown without logging onto any browser leads to no G app appearing.

TO DO:

Rebooting and logging in at google in browser then Shutdown: G app appears: Y/N

Installing Google Drive finally then Shutdown: G app appears: Y/N

:)

MacHesney, Jun 6, 2019
  2. sjelect Win User

Program "G" delays shutdown/restart Windows 10

Sometimes when I restart or shutdown my Windows 10 PC with all current updates, the process waits for an app identified only as "G" to close.

What is "G?"

sjelect, Jun 6, 2019
  3. t_ski Win User
    $.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown What is G app only seen at Windows 10 shutdown? :(

t_ski, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

1. What is G app only seen at Windows 10 shutdown? - Similar Threads - app shutdown

2. Apps stopped working after force shutdown. Win11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps stopped working after force shutdown. Win11 23H2: Hello, After recent update my laptop is taking too long to shutdown. sometimes it will not shutdown properly when i boot it up again it shows 1day+ uptime or just fails to shutdown completely and returns to login screen again after1hr of showing "shutting down" screen. This...
  3. Apps stopped working after force shutdown. Win11 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps stopped working after force shutdown. Win11 23H2: Hello, After recent update my laptop is taking too long to shutdown. sometimes it will not shutdown properly when i boot it up again it shows 1day+ uptime or just fails to shutdown completely and returns to login screen again after1hr of showing "shutting down" screen. This...
  4. Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.: Hello, After recent update my laptop is taking too long to shutdown. sometimes it will not shutdown properly when i boot it up again it shows 1day+ uptime or just fails to shutdown completely and returns to login screen again after1hr of showing "shutting down" screen. This...
  5. Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.

Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.: Hello, After recent update my laptop is taking too long to shutdown. sometimes it will not shutdown properly when i boot it up again it shows 1day+ uptime or just fails to shutdown completely and returns to login screen again after1hr of showing "shutting down" screen. This...
  6. This App is Preventing Shutdown windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This App is Preventing Shutdown windows 11: when I try to turn off or restart my computer I get the prompt "This App is Preventing Shutdown," I have gone through all the fourms and figured out that it is my "setupchipset.exe" that is preventing the shutdown. When I try to remove the app the computer states "Windows...
  7. This App is Preventing Shutdown windows 11

This App is Preventing Shutdown windows 11: when I try to turn off or restart my computer I get the prompt "This App is Preventing Shutdown," I have gone through all the fourms and figured out that it is my "setupchipset.exe" that is preventing the shutdown. When I try to remove the app the computer states "Windows...
  8. My PC shutdown abnormally. The mail app shows no accounts now. When trying to add an email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shutdown abnormally. The mail app shows no accounts now. When trying to add an email...: My PC shutdown abnormally. The mail app shows no accounts now. When trying to add an email account, it just sits and spins and does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-shutdown-abnormally-the-mail-app-shows-no/4beebde3-cc5c-4ba9-aec5-6a489aa33252
  9. My PC shutdown abnormally. The mail app shows no accounts now. When trying to add an email...

My PC shutdown abnormally. The mail app shows no accounts now. When trying to add an email...: My PC shutdown abnormally. The mail app shows no accounts now. When trying to add an email account, it just sits and spins and does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-shutdown-abnormally-the-mail-app-shows-no/4beebde3-cc5c-4ba9-aec5-6a489aa33252
  10. My PC shutdown abnormally. The mail app shows no accounts now. When trying to add an email...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging