Windows 10: What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop

Discus and support What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my Desktop giant size is >128MB while on the laptop it is>5GB. both use Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeFi, Jan 11, 2019.

1. JoeFi Win User

What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop

On my Desktop giant size is >128MB while on the laptop it is>5GB. both use Windows 10.

:)

JoeFi, Jan 11, 2019
  2. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

3. Why have the icons on desk top become giant size? they are ugly and stupid

Why have the icons on Desktop become giant size they are stupid and ugly and detract from windows themes

StephenLambey, Jan 11, 2019
  4. What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop

Giant Desktop Icons in Windows 10

Hi Gracey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Hover the mouse on View.
    • Select Medium or Short as per your desire.
    • Check if it helps.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop

1. What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop - Similar Threads - giant size difference

2. Match font size between different applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  3. Match font size between different applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  4. What’s the difference between these windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between these windows?: Right now I have windows 10 home. But I hear a lot about windows creator update? How do I know if I have this I’m not really sure if this is a whole is version or just an update.? If I don’t have it how do I go about getting it. I’m building a new pc and I’m installing a...
  5. Difference between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difference between: Is there a significant difference between the 14" Pavilion Laptop and the 14" Stream Laptop? Thanks. Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between/c649a7f5-03d2-4ee9-9dab-d71a780e228f
  6. what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode: what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-tablet-mode-and/8c87c268-ef51-40ab-a143-66b0da01d2de
  7. What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?: When I receive an order to stop what I am doing and MS force an update, it gives me the option to Restart or Shutdown." Is there any difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-shutdown-and/fa211af9-a13d-43da-9f8d-a5d2973a5c77
  8. and Difference between

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf
  9. Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory: I have a Dell Workstation with two 8GB Kingston memory sticks and want to increase my memory to at least 64GB. Is there a difference in laptop and desktop memory sticks (physical size, etc.)? Also, where are sites where I can look to find what I need? I've never purchased...
  10. Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory: I have a Dell Workstation with two 8GB Kingston memory sticks and want to increase my memory to at least 64GB. Is there a difference in laptop and desktop memory sticks (physical size, etc.)? Also, where are sites where I can look to find what I need? I've never purchased...