Windows 10: What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop

Discus and support What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my Desktop giant size is >128MB while on the laptop it is>5GB. both use Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeFi, Jan 11, 2019.

1. JoeFi Win User

What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop

On my Desktop giant size is >128MB while on the laptop it is>5GB. both use Windows 10.

:)

JoeFi, Jan 11, 2019
  2. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

3. Why have the icons on desk top become giant size? they are ugly and stupid

Why have the icons on Desktop become giant size they are stupid and ugly and detract from windows themes

StephenLambey, Jan 11, 2019
  4. What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop

Giant Desktop Icons in Windows 10

Hi Gracey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Hover the mouse on View.
    • Select Medium or Short as per your desire.
    • Check if it helps.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop

1. What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop - Similar Threads - giant size difference

2. and Difference between

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf
  3. What is the difference between Windows Update and Upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    What is the difference between Windows Update and Upgrade: [ATTACH] When it comes to Windows OS, Update and Upgrade terms may be confusing to some. Every time Microsoft rolls out a set of new features, many of us think its an upgrade while it could have been an update only. [...] This post What is the difference between Windows...
  4. Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory: I have a Dell Workstation with two 8GB Kingston memory sticks and want to increase my memory to at least 64GB. Is there a difference in laptop and desktop memory sticks (physical size, etc.)? Also, where are sites where I can look to find what I need? I've never purchased...
  5. Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory: I have a Dell Workstation with two 8GB Kingston memory sticks and want to increase my memory to at least 64GB. Is there a difference in laptop and desktop memory sticks (physical size, etc.)? Also, where are sites where I can look to find what I need? I've never purchased...
  6. What's the difference between Windows system settings from the Manufacturer of the laptop...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What's the difference between Windows system settings from the Manufacturer of the laptop...: Why would the pc run slower after downgrading a subscription and the windows defender now states its blocked access to controlled folders? Also, the PC Manufacturer apps running in the background request a windows BIOS update is critical and once performed, one should NEVER...
  7. What's the difference between these two Dell laptops (after upgrade)?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the difference between these two Dell laptops (after upgrade)?: Laptop 1: Inspiron 15 non-touch $549.99 Intel® Pentium® Processor N3700 128GB Solid State Drive 4GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx1) yadda yadda Laptop 2: Inpiron 15 non-touch $449.99 ($399+$50 for CPU) Intel® Pentium® Processor N3700 (upgraded from Celeron) 128GB...
  8. Difference between ISO's?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between ISO's?: If I download a new ISO with the MediaCreation tool from MS today, will the ISO be different from launch day? Meaning, does it contain all updates and fixes that has been sent out since launch? 26015
  9. No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails: I used to be able to Control scroll with the mouse wheel to expand the thumbnail (icon) size to "Extra Large Icons". Now large and extra large produces the same size thumbnail, but with extra large there is more space between each. How can fix this so the thumbnail actually...
  10. What is the difference between 'This PC' and 'Libraries'?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the difference between 'This PC' and 'Libraries'?: In File Explorer I can see a number of ways to access my files. For example, if I wanted to go to my Pictures; I can go straight to Libraries >Pictures and make a selection Or I can go to 'This PC'> Pictures and make a selection So what is the difference? I know I am...