Windows 10: What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl

Discus and support What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All Discovered two Win 10 v1909 machines started displaying the same bizarre lock/freeze/hang pretty much at the same time. Symptoms are the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SonicMojo, Feb 22, 2020.

1. SonicMojo Win User

What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl

All

Discovered two Win 10 v1909 machines started displaying the same bizarre lock/freeze/hang pretty much at the same time.

Symptoms are the same for both - boot up, work on the machine for 5-10 minutes and all of sudden everything grinds to a halt. Hard freeze. Cannot bring up Task Manager or Event Viewer without waiting for 3 minutes.

When I finally get into Task Manager - it shows 100% CPU but lists every process at 0%

When I finally did get into Event Manager - it is litter with this ESENT 532 crap:

wuaueng.dll (2648,D,0) SUS20ClientDataStoresvchost (3872,D,0) SRUJet: A request to read from the file "C:\windows\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat" at offset 327680 (0x0000000000050000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes has not completed for 36 second(s). This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.DllHost (9756,D,0)

Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy_NOEDP_LEGACY_IDB: A request to read from the file "C:\Users\Lxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppData\Indexed DB\IndexedDB.edb" at offset 131072 (0x0000000000020000) for 32768 (0x00008000) bytes has not completed for 36 second(s). This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

wuaueng.dll (88,D,0) SUS20ClientDataStore: A request to read from the file "C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb" at offset 77365248 (0x00000000049c8000) for 16384 (0x00004000) bytes has not completed for 36 second(s). This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

I have rolled back the most recent Windows Update (02-2020) and did a system Restore on both (via Macrium Reflect) essentially going back a week - but to no avail.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I was thinking maybe power supply - but on two machines at the same time? Hard disks checkout fine. Ran DISM and sfc/scannow on both - no issues coming back.

Maybe Windows Search or WU are screwed up somehow. Ran both troubleshooters with no real indicators.

Stumped and annoyed.

Sonic.

:)

SonicMojo, Feb 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Feb 22, 2020
  3. RolyTK Win User
    1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl

I had to uninstall the new feature update 1909 because it slowed my computer. What is causing this?????

RolyTK, Feb 22, 2020
  4. What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl

One program crawling after Windows Creator Updates

My MRP /Enterprise software has slowed to a crawl immediately after the Windows 10 Creator Updates last week. Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PamPaolucci, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl

1. What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl - Similar Threads - Going 1909 machines

2. Windows running at a slow crawl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows running at a slow crawl: Dell InspirionIntel Core i5-9400 @2.90GHz32 GB RAMWindows 11 x64For the past week or so my PC has become almost unuseable because of how slow it runs. I read there was recent update KB5007215 but I can not find a download link on the MS website.I've tried shutting down all...
  3. Win 10 automatic screen refresh slows to a crawl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 automatic screen refresh slows to a crawl: After rebooting my Win 10 computers one desktop, one laptop, icons appear and disappear instantly when I make changes e.g., delete a file. After about an hour, I make a change and nothing happens until I manually refresh the desktop or open folder. I am running minimal...
  4. Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl: Hey I've got Windows 10 v1909 and recently it became terribly slow. I had problems with BSOD for which i've consulted with the community and disabled Intel Turbo Boost 3 and uninstalled Kaspersky since they thought it might be conflicting with Malewarebytes. I've done a...
  5. Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl: I've had an issue for a few weeks now where suddenly Windows will slow waaaay down (opening programs, websites refreshing, etc.) I can usually still open task manager and there are no obvious issues (nothing pinned at 100%, no one program that is the apparent culprit). A warm...
  6. What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl: All Discovered two Win 10 v1909 machines started displaying the same bizarre lock/freeze/hang pretty much at the same time. Symptoms are the same for both - boot up, work on the machine for 5-10 minutes and all of sudden everything grinds to a halt. Hard freeze. Cannot...
  7. Windows 10 slows down to a crawl

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 slows down to a crawl: So this has happened to me twice in the past week. Windows would just randomly slow down and start stuttering to the point where its unusable, and I would have to hard reset my machine. I run dual monitors, and in both instances, I was playing a game on one monitor, while...
  8. 1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl: I had to uninstall the new feature update 1909 because it slowed my computer. What is causing this????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1909-feature-update-slowed-my-toshiba-laptop-to-a/31df9ac3-70ae-4ced-b527-9762f3a31237
  9. Two Win 10 machines - no connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Win 10 machines - no connection: Had a new Win 10 machine, set it up solo, hardwired through a gigabit switch to my router. In the process, it found my wife's Win 7 laptop. Cool! I A few weeks later, I got another Win 10 machine, also hardwired through the same switch, and set it up. In the process, it also...
  10. Startup slowed to a crawl

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup slowed to a crawl: Hi Everyone, I haven't been here for quite some time. About a week ago something changed with my Windows 10 startup. Everything seems to begin smoothly until the final blue screen finishes. There was usually a slight pause before the desktop appears but now just before my...