Windows 10: What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing

Discus and support What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I had this PC for a while, the graphics drivers started crashing a year/year-half into owning the PC, but it has ramped up after updating to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by denis bronskii, Dec 19, 2023.

1. What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing

Hello, I had this PC for a while, the graphics drivers started crashing a year/year-half into owning the PC, but it has ramped up after updating to Windows 11 What I've done to try to fix the issue:updating driversdowngrading driverswiping drivers and installing the pro version of adrenaline tweaking adrenaline settingsunder-volting gpuI found 1 dmp file in mini dump, hope this helps https://mega.nz/file/AHUkAA5J#Te4nf7NfnrtUeXB27EsTje5YdsxlzwVW74t27VPutV8I maintain my PC quite often, I do CPU/GPU repaste once a year-ishSpecs:R5 3600x AMD 5700xt asus rog ver16 GB 3600mhz ram 600 Watt power s

:)

denis bronskii, Dec 19, 2023

2. Gpu driver crashes pc

thank you for your time, i've used ddu to uninstall my drivers but asus does not list any nvidia drivers for my motherboard only intel graphics drivers which i cant install i guess because i have no integrated gpu i will manually go to nvidia and find an older driver to intall for gtx 660ti

ilovebunnies, Dec 19, 2023
  3. GPU Drivers Crash Entire System Instantly. Multiple GPU's Tested

Hello,

I'm hoping for some advice. As the title suggests, I have a strange issue with my system. Last week while playing a game, my computer randomly crashed. Over the weekend it progressively got worse to the point where it would crash anytime the drivers for the GPU got updated. Thinking it was a faulty GPU (I had an old 970) I bought a new AMD 9700 XTX, however, I've run into the same problem. The computer runs completely fine until I enable any driver that isn't the Microsoft Basic Display Driver. Once enabling the driver for either GPU the system immediately crashes and the system can only be rebooted after going into safe mode and disabling the driver or using a system restore. Device viewer sometimes does not show the PCIE device (in this case the GPU) and then sometimes does show it correctly. However, it always recognizes something is in the port. To me this could be a faulty Mobo or drivers not being installed after a fresh windows install.

What I've tried so far with no luck:

• Fresh clean installs of Windows 10/11 twice
    • Rolling back drivers
    • Trying two different GPUs
    • Running Memtest 64 for 3-4 hours (no errors)
    • Turning off PBO and other similar features.
    • Visually inspecting the mobo for obvious damage of which I see none
    I only have one PCIE port (mini ITX board) so I can't test other slots, unfortunately. Reliability History and Event Viewer both say the same thing: "System Thread Exception Not Handled. What failed: (the driver I enabled be it AMD or Nvidia)". Other than this, there are no problems with the system. Any ideas about what the issue could be? MOBO or maybe PSU? The PSU is very strong as it's less than one-year-old Corsair SFF 750 W Platinum. I also don't game heavy by nature of not having a ton of time and, up until a week ago, only having a 970 GPU which simply isn't capable of anything too demanding these days.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. My specs are below:

• Windows 11 Home
    • AMD 3700X (no overclocking at all)
    • Aorus X570i Mother Board
    • AMD 7900 XTX (or 970)
    • 500 GB NVME SSD and 250GB SATA SSD (I tried installing the OS on both in case of MOBO issues)
    • 16 GB 3600 RAM
    • 750W Platiunum Corsair SFF PSU

joemama427, Dec 19, 2023
  4. What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing

Gpu driver crashes pc

Pc crashed once while playing a game, after that it would never load windows and go into a boot loop or get stuck on a black screen every time, if i go into safe mode pc works fine, and if i disable my display adapter (gtx 660ti) i can load windows normally but cant use my gpu of course, updating gpu drivers also crashes pc and makes it go into boot loop or black screen.

windows 10 64 bit pro n

motherboard: asus p8z77-v le plus

cpu: intel i7 3770k

ram: 2 sticks of kingston 8 gb ram

gpu: gtx 660ti

all drivers except the gpu are up to date

link to minidump file: OneDrive

ilovebunnies, Dec 19, 2023
Thema:

What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing

1. What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing - Similar Threads - going gpu drivers

2. What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing: Hello, I had this PC for a while, the graphics drivers started crashing a year/year-half into owning the PC, but it has ramped up after updating to Windows 11 What I've done to try to fix the issue:updating driversdowngrading driverswiping drivers and installing the pro...
  3. Gpu driver crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gpu driver crashing: I bought a new laptop intel i5 12th gen 1240P / RTX 3050 / 8 gb Ram / windows 10 i intially installed geforce expeirience to install latest gpu driver but a BSOD appears with stop code VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR i tried a new clean instllation after using ddu but the BSOD...
  4. Gpu driver crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gpu driver crashing: I bought a new laptop intel i5 12th gen 1240P / RTX 3050 / 8 gb Ram / windows 10 i intially installed geforce expeirience to install latest gpu driver but a BSOD appears with stop code VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR i tried a new clean instllation after using ddu but the BSOD...
  5. Gpu driver crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Gpu driver crashes pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gpu driver crashes pc: Pc crashed once while playing a game, after that it would never load windows and go into a boot loop or get stuck on a black screen every time, if i go into safe mode pc works fine, and if i disable my display adapter gtx 660ti i can load windows normally but cant use my gpu...
  7. Gpu driver crashes pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gpu driver crashes pc: Pc crashed once while playing a game, after that it would never load windows and go into a boot loop or get stuck on a black screen every time, if i go into safe mode pc works fine, and if i disable my display adapter gtx 660ti i can load windows normally but cant use my gpu...
  8. GPU driver crashes AMD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  9. AMD GPU Driver Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU Driver Crashing: Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was that after 30 minutes or so of running a game or program I hadn't tested this out with just the PC running w/o any program my...
  10. GPU Driver Crash

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU Driver Crash: Once the drivers are installed the screen goes black, after rebooting it'll reach the Windows logo then the screen goes black again or gets to the login screen and flashes blue and white. Thanks in advance 45093