Windows 10: What is going on with my microsoft account password?????

Discus and support What is going on with my microsoft account password????? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello all and thank you in advance. In short I'm trying to sign in to my Microsoft account. I can go to www.microsoft.com, put in my username and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KeithWilson1, Jan 4, 2020.

1. What is going on with my microsoft account password?????

Hello all and thank you in advance.

In short I'm trying to sign in to my Microsoft account. I can go to www.microsoft.com, put in my username and password and I sign in just fine, but if I go to settings it shows that Im signed into a local account, so when I try to sign in to my microsoft account from this area I get an error saying my password is wrong. I get this "what is your username" and I put my username in same one I use for microsoft.com, and then password same one I use for microsoft.com, and then something comes up that says something about keeping account as secure as possible and that I will need to type in my microsoft password again, and when I do that I get an error saying the password is wrong. I've changed my password multiple times and it's getting tiresome. Is not the password I use when I sign in from miccrosoft.com not the same password I'd use to sign it to my microsoft account from a local account? Resetting the password multiple times doesn't work. The cycle mentioned above just continues to happen

* Moved from education

:)

KeithWilson1, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 4, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 4, 2020
  4. What is going on with my microsoft account password?????

Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

What is going on with my microsoft account password?????

1. What is going on with my microsoft account password????? - Similar Threads - going microsoft account

2. Forgot my Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my Microsoft Account Password: I installed a driver update for my graphics card. I am now seeing a blank screen.After every three reboots, I see the blue Windows Recovery Screen. Great!But, to do any repairs, I have to click on the account name and then input a password. It keeps telling me I'm inputting...
  3. Forgot my Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my Microsoft Account Password: I installed a driver update for my graphics card. I am now seeing a blank screen.After every three reboots, I see the blue Windows Recovery Screen. Great!But, to do any repairs, I have to click on the account name and then input a password. It keeps telling me I'm inputting...
  4. I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...: I had to have windows reinstalled on my computer because the windows installation was screwed up. I couldn't get into the Settings window. I couldn't type anything in the search window. I get the computer back and there is no loging pin setup. I'm trying to set that up and it...
  5. I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...: I had to have windows reinstalled on my computer because the windows installation was screwed up. I couldn't get into the Settings window. I couldn't type anything in the search window. I get the computer back and there is no loging pin setup. I'm trying to set that up and it...
  6. I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What is my Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What is my Microsoft account?: I just went through one of those deals where Microsoft thought I forgot my password and made me reset it. Luckily I have 2 computers so all that was not a problem. However, now I have to make corrections in my LastPass password keeper and I'm confused. Is the Outlook email...
  8. Password to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password to Microsoft account: After having my computer serviced, I decided to change the password to log in. I wonder if I have to change the password on email @outlook.com or on the computer. And one more question, if I change the password online in the email, will it be a new Windows password?...
  9. forget my microsoft account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    forget my microsoft account password: Please Help me. First, sorry for my English. I have a big problem. stage: Windows 10, set to boot in safe mode (alternate shell) without network access. So, I forget my microsoft account password (usually i used my pin), how to get into the alternative shell or how to boot...
  10. Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Password: Is there a way to force an user to change their Microsoft Account password at next logon? 98260