Windows 10: What is going on with the desktop icons? (For anyone who can’t see it some of them are...

Discus and support What is going on with the desktop icons? (For anyone who can’t see it some of them are... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alexvalicko2 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alexvalicko2, Apr 15, 2023.

1. What is going on with the desktop icons? (For anyone who can’t see it some of them are...

/u/alexvalicko2, Apr 15, 2023

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 15, 2023
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 15, 2023
  4. What is going on with the desktop icons? (For anyone who can’t see it some of them are...

No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Apr 15, 2023
Thema:

What is going on with the desktop icons? (For anyone who can’t see it some of them are...

1. What is going on with the desktop icons? (For anyone who can’t see it some of them are... - Similar Threads - going desktop icons

2. what changed some kind of sub icon desktop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what changed some kind of sub icon desktop ?: hiSome of my icon suddenly changed in fact not icon really but a kind of subicon had been added on top of them – see pictureAs you can see, the kind of waveform subicon had been added to my shortcut icons. I have no idea where if come from and how to stop that...any ideas...
  3. what changed some kind of sub icon desktop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what changed some kind of sub icon desktop ?: hiSome of my icon suddenly changed in fact not icon really but a kind of subicon had been added on top of them – see pictureAs you can see, the kind of waveform subicon had been added to my shortcut icons. I have no idea where if come from and how to stop that...any ideas...
  4. what changed some kind of sub icon desktop ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop icons show on my desktop, but only some of them display in the folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons show on my desktop, but only some of them display in the folder view: I have 18 desktop icons/shortcuts to apps on my Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11. But when I click to open the folder view of my desktop, only some of the icons appear. I can't figure out why this is, and I'm also concerned that my desktop won't back up correctly.Desktop...
  6. Can’t make desktop icons go back to default size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t make desktop icons go back to default size: https://i.imgur.com/2dN6daU.jpg Why are my icons like this? Was changing the zoom from 150% recommended to 100% and back and now they’re not at the default size and location anymore. submitted by /u/MinisterforFun [link] [comments]...
  7. Anyone know what this icon is for?

Anyone know what this icon is for?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Call_Me_Bread [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ja5c5i/anyone_know_what_this_icon_is_for/
  8. Anyone know what’s going on?

Anyone know what’s going on?: I can’t open a lot of windows apps, lately I’ve tried to open Mail, Calculator, and Photos and they just flash open on my screen for a second and then close. Anyone know what’s going on and how I can fix it? submitted by /u/FallaffleWaffle [link] [comments]...
  9. Can’t go to desktop tried everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Can’t go to desktop tried everything: I got a virus and now I can’t get on to my desktop when I boot my computer it repairs and fails to repair saying srttrail.txt but I searched it up and did some cmd fixes still don’t work but when everyone continues to windows there is no text saying windows just continue to...
  10. Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.: This started after I did a refresh installation. While many of the icons remain where they are, some of them refuse to stay put when I move them. They spring to another position. What might be causing this bizarre behaviour? 95380