Windows 10: What is going on with W10 Updates and their effect on Drivers/Security/Permissions?

Discus and support What is going on with W10 Updates and their effect on Drivers/Security/Permissions? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the past couple weeks Davinci Resolve doesn't have write Permissions, Adobe Premiere Pro won't work/let me save, Reaper won't let me save. Drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by crowghostexists, Mar 21, 2019.

1. What is going on with W10 Updates and their effect on Drivers/Security/Permissions?

For the past couple weeks Davinci Resolve doesn't have write Permissions, Adobe Premiere Pro won't work/let me save, Reaper won't let me save. Drivers aren't working on anything new that I install and even when I direct the Device Manager to the exact folder with the plugin it says it hasn't found any. I'm pulling hair out over here and have plenty of work I currently cannot do. I've been using PC for the past 3 years and have noticed things here and there, but this is the only experience I've ever written about. How has every normal functioning program I've had for years started acting up all at once with this new update? I've tried giving these programs all unique access to bypass security/firewall protections yet it still does nothing. Also just started getting the Blue screen of death the other day as well. It has been a terrible dumbfounding week for me as a windows 10 user.

:)

crowghostexists, Mar 21, 2019

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 21, 2019
  4. What is going on with W10 Updates and their effect on Drivers/Security/Permissions?

Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

What is going on with W10 Updates and their effect on Drivers/Security/Permissions?

1. What is going on with W10 Updates and their effect on Drivers/Security/Permissions? - Similar Threads - going W10 Updates

2. Security permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security permissions: Hi All,I am having a strange issue with one of my file servers. One of the folders has full permissions for a specific user, they are able to access the folder via a mapped drive, access all documents in the folder and all sub folders however when they try to save a document...
  3. Permissions and Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions and Security: I just wanted to thank all you folks that helped me out yesterday. My system kept giving me Desktop Permissions warnings and was crashing! I was losing files by the hour.I had gone through the "back door" so to speak to change a few things i didn't like. Turns out I had lost...
  4. W10 Permission Errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 Permission Errors: After recent updates I am unable to save to any location apart from One Drive. The message reads 'You don't have permission to save in this location. Consult the administrator to obtain permission.' My account is registered as the Administrator. I cannot delete files,...
  5. W10 driver update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 driver update: W10 update downloaded and installed the following driver update HP Image 52.1.51770. What concerns me is that the W10 hdw driver update feature has been disabled. So I don't know why it was downloaded and installed. Also, I don't have an HP PC only an HP AIO printer. Please...
  6. Driver update effecting microphone quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver update effecting microphone quality: A year ago I ran the driver booster software and updated a bunch of drivers including some sound related drivers. I don't remember specifically which ones because I never really take note of what gets updated, I just update the drivers when they need it. As soon as I updated...
  7. W10 January 2019 Update - What's Going On....?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 January 2019 Update - What's Going On....?: Most of Saturday was wasted while my W10 computers were being updated - it took a really long time - most of the day. After all was done, Windows starts with "Welcome to the October Update". *Confused*Confused*Confused All my W10 computers were updated to Version 1809 during...
  8. Security Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Permissions: Hello! What Security permissions do I need to stream from Media Player to a TV. Do I need WMPNetworkSvc and if so how do I get it? All I have at present is "Everyone" with full control. 111394
  9. Whats going on with updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Whats going on with updates: Just checked history and all failed,everything else has update in office and security. Where do I begin? All update have worked before december, running OS build 14393.576 now. *Sick Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3213986)...
  10. File and Dir security permission settings not taking effect

in Windows 10 Support
    File and Dir security permission settings not taking effect: I have been going nuts with this. For the past 3 days I have been getting messages saying I do not have permission to write in directories where I am listed as the owner. I have ensured that the users MyuserID, Administrators, and SYSTEM all have Full control over the...