Windows 10: What is hang dump ???

Discus and support What is hang dump ??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is hang dump ??? How did it work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-hang-dump/1512ca75-9b5d-472a-86fb-516851938761" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dipdas, Jun 6, 2019.

1. dipdas Win User

What is hang dump ???

What is hang dump ??? How did it work ?

:)

dipdas, Jun 6, 2019

2. computer hang & BSOD

3 dumps point to 3 different device drivers:

• One blames McAffee.
    • One Blames your NVIDIA Virtual Audio Driver
    • The last one says your Intel WiFi network adapter
    I suggest completely uninstalling McAffee and using
    built in defender in its place for some time.

The next step would be completely uninstalling and reinstalling both the above said drivers.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jun 6, 2019
  4. VZZ
    vzz Win User

What is hang dump ???

Debugging a hanging system with no memory dump

Hi,

I'm having troubles with my Windows 10 laptop freezing when it comes out of sleep mode. I get the login screen and can move the mouse but I cannot click any buttons or type into the login box. The time also remains static and there are no entries for the time it was woken up in the event viewer.

To try and debug what might be causing it to hang I tried forcing a system crash using CTRL + SCR LK. This worked, but unfortunately Windows wasn't able to create a memory dump - it remained at 0% indefinitely. I tried forcing a system crash in a normal state to check it wasn't an issue with my setup e.g. the paging file being disabled, and can confirm it was able to create a memory dump fine in this scenario.

This means I'm am now stuck on what to try next. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thema:

What is hang dump ???

1. What is hang dump ??? - Similar Threads - hang dump

2. Nested Folder copy/moving hangs for several minutes per folder creating insanely long copy...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nested Folder copy/moving hangs for several minutes per folder creating insanely long copy...: Greetings, I am having an intermittent issue with Windows 10 and the handling of nested sub-directories and moving them around my hard drives. An example would be Unraring a file with 8 folders, each folder having 2 sub-directories and 50 files of various types per folder....
  3. not being able to fix hanging or crashing apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not being able to fix hanging or crashing apps: so i've been contemplating on whether or not to post here, seeing that this problem seems to come up with more than one person. my problem is, in detail: recently i purchased and installed minecraft for windows 10 onto my windows 10 laptop, then joined the beta xbox insider...
  4. When rebooting or restarting my PC, I am experiencing a Microsoft Security Essentials hang...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When rebooting or restarting my PC, I am experiencing a Microsoft Security Essentials hang...: When I reboot or restart my PC, the PC goes thru the boot process of loading all start up programs but when it gets to Microsoft Security Essentials it gets hung up for about 15-20 seconds. After that time of 15 seconds the remaining start up programs finish loading. This...
  5. why does my windows 10 hang for about 10 sec since 1809 update when moving my cursor over...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why does my windows 10 hang for about 10 sec since 1809 update when moving my cursor over...: why does my windows 10 hang for about 10 sec since 1809 update when moving my cursor over NEW FOLDER in the dropdown menu in windows explorer? Since 1809 update my windows hangs for about 10 to 18 sec if I happen to move my cursor over the New menu option in explorer. I don't...
  6. How crash dump and hang dump created ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How crash dump and hang dump created ???: What is difference between crash dump and hang dumo ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-crash-dump-and-hang-dump-created/678a5ca6-70f5-4bad-994b-7317934bfb6c"
  7. Computer hangs unexpectly with no reason until it reboots itself. Dump is being generated...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer hangs unexpectly with no reason until it reboots itself. Dump is being generated...: Hello Community, I've been trying to find out the reason why my computer hangs itself. The full message displayed on the event log after the computer restart itself is " The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000007,...
  8. BSOD - No Dump Files - Hangs on 0%(In BSOD)

BSOD - No Dump Files - Hangs on 0%(In BSOD): Attachment 91307 This problem occurred about two weeks ago. Computer randomly BSODs about 10 times a day and stays on 0%. Minidump Files are not being created, even after adding the minidump folder to the %SystemRoot%. I have it set up the same way that was instructed on...
  9. Debugging a hanging system with no memory dump

Debugging a hanging system with no memory dump: Hi, I'm having troubles with my Windows 10 laptop freezing when it comes out of sleep mode. I get the login screen and can move the mouse but I cannot click any buttons or type into the login box. The time also remains static and there are no entries for the time it was...
  10. Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump)

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump): Hi all, this problem has been pestering me for months, but after failed attempts to fix it myself, I felt I should ask for help. I am running Windows 10 (64-bit), but this problem also occurred on 8.1 and 7 (both 64-bit) with clean installations. I am also dual booting...