Windows 10: What is hang dump ???

Discus and support What is hang dump ??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is hang dump ??? How did it work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-hang-dump/1512ca75-9b5d-472a-86fb-516851938761" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dipdas, Jun 6, 2019.

1. dipdas Win User

What is hang dump ???

What is hang dump ??? How did it work ?

:)

dipdas, Jun 6, 2019

2. computer hang & BSOD

3 dumps point to 3 different device drivers:

• One blames McAffee.
    • One Blames your NVIDIA Virtual Audio Driver
    • The last one says your Intel WiFi network adapter
    I suggest completely uninstalling McAffee and using
    built in defender in its place for some time.

The next step would be completely uninstalling and reinstalling both the above said drivers.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jun 6, 2019
  4. VZZ
    vzz Win User

What is hang dump ???

Debugging a hanging system with no memory dump

Hi,

I'm having troubles with my Windows 10 laptop freezing when it comes out of sleep mode. I get the login screen and can move the mouse but I cannot click any buttons or type into the login box. The time also remains static and there are no entries for the time it was woken up in the event viewer.

To try and debug what might be causing it to hang I tried forcing a system crash using CTRL + SCR LK. This worked, but unfortunately Windows wasn't able to create a memory dump - it remained at 0% indefinitely. I tried forcing a system crash in a normal state to check it wasn't an issue with my setup e.g. the paging file being disabled, and can confirm it was able to create a memory dump fine in this scenario.

This means I'm am now stuck on what to try next. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thema:

What is hang dump ???

1. What is hang dump ??? - Similar Threads - hang dump

2. Windows 10 Bluescreen - hanging during dump file creation - kernal data inpage error -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Bluescreen - hanging during dump file creation - kernal data inpage error -...: Hi All.My computer started bluescreening again a few months after installing an SSD and fixing the initial round of bluescreens. See the hyperlinked post:...
  3. Windows 10 Bluescreen - hanging during dump file creation - kernal data inpage error -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Bluescreen - hanging during dump file creation - kernal data inpage error -...: Hi All.My computer started bluescreening again a few months after installing an SSD and fixing the initial round of bluescreens. See the hyperlinked post:...
  4. Windows 10 Bluescreen - hanging during dump file creation - kernal data inpage error -...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  6. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  7. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

8. Need help on solution. My PC hanging/dump/and with buzzer sound during play game.

Need help on solution. My PC hanging/dump/and with buzzer sound during play game.: Hi I'm Minh from Viet Nam.I got this issue with my computer. There are hanging/dump and with buzzer sound > then auto restart. I tried with Windbg tool to analyze the issue. And I need help on the debug. Here is my .dmp file:3: kd> !analyze...
  9. Need help on solution. My PC hanging/dump/and with buzzer sound during play game.

Need help on solution. My PC hanging/dump/and with buzzer sound during play game.: Hi I'm Minh from Viet Nam.I got this issue with my computer. There are hanging/dump and with buzzer sound > then auto restart. I tried with Windbg tool to analyze the issue. And I need help on the debug. Here is my .dmp file:3: kd> !analyze...
  10. Need help on solution. My PC hanging/dump/and with buzzer sound during play game.

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hang dump

2. what is a hang dump

3. what is hang dump type

4. No hangdumps