Windows 10: What is Host Process for Windows Services?

Discus and support What is Host Process for Windows Services? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Why is it eating all my internet data? Is it responsible for updating Windows? or what? submitted by /u/AayushBoliya [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AayushBoliya, Nov 27, 2020.

1. What is Host Process for Windows Services?

Why is it eating all my internet data? Is it responsible for updating Windows? or what?
    submitted by /u/AayushBoliya
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AayushBoliya, Nov 27, 2020
  2. VnC1 Win User

Windows update and Service host process

Hi.

Can anyone tell me:

• Why is the process 'Service host: Network Service, Delivery Optimization' running constantly 24/7, hogging 30% of processing power and how do I stop it?

And

• Is this somehow linked to the fact that neither windows 10 update or its trouble shooter appear to be working? windows 10 appears to be permanently checking for updates.

I'm Running a brand new HP laptop, i5 processor and 8Gb Ram with windows 10 64bit (1903). This has only started happening in the last week or so

Thanks

Wurze

3. Host Process for Windows Services task

Hi Mehrdad,

The Host Process for Windows Services task is an official Microsoft core process. It serves as a host for services that load from
    Dynamic Linked Library (DLL) files which cannot institute services as a full process.

You will only be able to see exactly what service attached to the Host Process for Windows Services task by using a third-party application.

Please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing:

• Is your Windows 10 up-to-date?
    • What are the changes made or the things you've done before the issue persist?
    • Have you tried closing all the applications and still can see this task?

Meanwhile, running the System File Checker might help in repairing
    missing or corrupted system files. System File Checker or
    SFC
    is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore these corrupted files.

Also, can you create another administrator account and observe if the issue persists? Here's a
    link on how to create another user account in Windows 10.

Let us know what happens after following the above mentioned troubleshooting methods.

Thank you.

Michelle Her, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

What is Host Process for Windows Services?

Unable to run Windows 10 services hosted by SVCHOST.EXE as a shared process.

Hi John,

Svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries. If you’ve ever taken a look at the Services section in Control Panel, you’ve probably noticed that Windows requires a lot of services. If every
    single service ran under one Service Host process, a failure in one service could potentially bring down all of Windows. Instead, they are separated out.

Services are organized into logical groups that are all somewhat related, and then a single Service Host instance is created to host each group.

If one of these services is causing trouble, you can follow the methods below to help resolve the issue:

Method 1: Check Related Services in Task Manager

• Open Task Manager.
    • If it is under a host with multiple services, simply expand the process.
    • Under Processes tab, right-click on any individual services to stop it. You can also search for the service's information online.

Method 2: Check Related Services Using Process Explorer

Microsoft has an excellent advanced tool for working with processes called Process Explorer. It's a portable app so you don't have to install it. Refer on this article to know more about
    Process Explorer.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

What is Host Process for Windows Services?

1. What is Host Process for Windows Services? - Similar Threads - Host Process Services

2. "host process for windows services"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "host process for windows services": I recently just bought minecraft for my girlfriend but when she tries to download it she gets a message that says "host process for windows services" and it has two options: yes or no. However when she clicks yes nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Any help is greatly...
  3. "host process for windows services"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "host process for windows services": I recently just bought minecraft for my girlfriend but when she tries to download it she gets a message that says "host process for windows services" and it has two options: yes or no. However when she clicks yes nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Any help is greatly...
  4. Host Process For Windows Services Using Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Host Process For Windows Services Using Microphone: On my computer, for a few months now, on startup, the microphone icon has popped up and it says that what is using my microphone is Host Process For Windows Services. I don't know any application that could be using it or could have a reason to. What is a solution?...
  5. Host Process for Windows services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Host Process for Windows services: It's really very annoying for me since I Host process for windows is using too much of my data since I limited data so it is causing trouble for me daily it uses at least 500 MB of data daily and also slows my Internet speed daily even if I only use my pc on metered...
  6. Windows update and Service host process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and Service host process: Hi. Can anyone tell me: Why is the process 'Service host: Network Service, Delivery Optimization' running constantly 24/7, hogging 30% of processing power and how do I stop it? And Is this somehow linked to the fact that neither windows 10 update or its trouble...
  7. Windows Processes: Service Host

Windows Processes: Service Host: Hello, I have noticed suspicious activity on my computer and I was wanting to know if there was a Service Host that allows people from the Microsoft Corporation to sign in to peoples computers. If this is so, may I ask what the Service Host is? Thanks!...
  8. Host Process for Windows Services UTCCaptureV1

Host Process for Windows Services UTCCaptureV1: Source Host Process for Windows Services Summary Diagnostic Tracing Date ‎1/‎14/‎2019 5:42 AM Status Not reported Description A functional problem was detected and logs were collected for further investigation. Problem signature Problem Event Name: UTCCaptureV1 Problem...
  9. 'Host Process for Windows Services' in Volume Mixer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Host Process for Windows Services' in Volume Mixer: Something called Host Process for Windows Services shows up in Volume Mixer sometimes, and the bit that shows how much sound its making (the green bit) copies other programs. I can't hear things twice but it is there. I can mute it and everything is fine. I have run multiple...
  10. Host Process for Windows Services Stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Host Process for Windows Services Stopped working: Hi For quite some time now, on my main (primary) OS, which is Windows 10 Pro build 10586.218, I am getting this error: Host Process for Windows Services: Stopped working. I see this in my Reliability History. It might appear even several times per day! I clean my...