Windows 10: what is hpswsetup

Discus and support what is hpswsetup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; what does hpswsetup do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-hpswsetup/eb4a21d8-f371-40d1-8c49-f5cf6ee4853d Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Britt Bentley, Mar 17, 2024.

1. what is hpswsetup

what does hpswsetup do?

:)

Britt Bentley, Mar 17, 2024

2. How do I delete C:\hpswsetup folder?

Hi,

HP experts suggest that the folder shouldn't be deleted. See Trying to save storage space can I delete the hpswsetup fold... - HP Support Community

To access the folder contents, change ownership of the folder and assign permissions.

(Ref: Take Ownership of a File or Folder Using Command-Line)

Run the following commands from admin Command Prompt:

• TAKEOWN /F C:\hpswsetup /a /r /d y
    • icacls C:\hpswsetup /grant administrators:F /T

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 17, 2024
  3. Hao S Win User
    How do I delete C:\hpswsetup folder?

I have a C:\hpswsetup folder from when I updated drivers. The folder just contains installers but windows won't let me delete said folder and it's not automatically deleting the folder how do I fix this?

Hao S, Mar 17, 2024
  4. dcwebman Win User

what is hpswsetup

HP Image Assistant - How do you un-install the previous version?

HPDSM is probably from HP Software Download Manager but that was EOL years ago. If that's it, you can delete that folder. I'm not sure about hpswsetup. SWSETUP is the default folder where HP SoftPaqs (the SP folders) are stored when you install them. This is the default location where HP Image Assistant (HPIA) is installed. The SP folder name is the SoftPaq number. If you know for sure you aren't using a particular SoftPaq, then you can delete the SP folder name with that number under SWSETUP. From the list of programs you had, the ones I am aware of are uninstalled from Programs and Features, and are not portable files like HPIA.

dcwebman, Mar 17, 2024
Thema:

what is hpswsetup

1. what is hpswsetup - Similar Threads - hpswsetup

2. what is hpswsetup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is hpswsetup: what does hpswsetup do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-hpswsetup/eb4a21d8-f371-40d1-8c49-f5cf6ee4853d
  3. what is hpswsetup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is hpswsetup: what does hpswsetup do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-hpswsetup/eb4a21d8-f371-40d1-8c49-f5cf6ee4853d
  4. How do I delete C:\hpswsetup folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete C:\hpswsetup folder?: I have a C:\hpswsetup folder from when I updated drivers. The folder just contains installers but windows won't let me delete said folder and it's not automatically deleting the folder how do I fix this?...
  5. How do I delete C:\hpswsetup folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete C:\hpswsetup folder?: I have a C:\hpswsetup folder from when I updated drivers. The folder just contains installers but windows won't let me delete said folder and it's not automatically deleting the folder how do I fix this?...
  6. How do I delete C:\hpswsetup folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps