Windows 10: What is igfxTray.exe? Is it safe? Can I disable it?

Discus and support What is igfxTray.exe? Is it safe? Can I disable it? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]We are always wary of unknown processes and igfxTray.exe is one of them. You may have seen a process, igxfxTray, running in the Task Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 23, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

What is igfxTray.exe? Is it safe? Can I disable it?

What is igfxTray.exe? Is it safe? Can I disable it? igfxtray.png
    We are always wary of unknown processes and igfxTray.exe is one of them. You may have seen a process, igxfxTray, running in the Task Manager and want to know what this is. In this article, we are going to see what is igfxTray.exe and if it is safe? What is igfxTray.exe process? First thing first, […]

This article What is igfxTray.exe? Is it safe? Can I disable it? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 23, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

igfxtray issues

Have you tried disabling the Intel HD Graphics Tray App (igfxtray) from startup - it does not really serve any purpose, since you can access your Graphics setup by right clicking your Desktop at any time . . .

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if igfxtray is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list look for gfxtray, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, Apr 23, 2022
  3. pielordds Win User
    igfxtray issues

ok im trying to play a game and when the videos from the game it minimizes and the igfxtray pops uo saying that {blah x blah} is native resolution for this screen and foces the game to minimize and goes back to that resolution and im unable to play the game

pielordds, Apr 23, 2022
  4. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

1. What is igfxTray.exe? Is it safe? Can I disable it? - Similar Threads - igfxTray exe safe

2. What does rundll32.exe do in 64 bit Windows 10? Can it be removed safely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does rundll32.exe do in 64 bit Windows 10? Can it be removed safely?: What does rundll32.exe do in 64 bit Windows 10? Can it be removed safely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-rundll32exe-do-in-64-bit-windows-10-can/9b7d179d-4702-4d86-b6e3-5120f9d19fa7
  3. What does rundll32.exe do in 64 bit Windows 10? Can it be removed safely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does rundll32.exe do in 64 bit Windows 10? Can it be removed safely?: What does rundll32.exe do in 64 bit Windows 10? Can it be removed safely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-rundll32exe-do-in-64-bit-windows-10-can/9b7d179d-4702-4d86-b6e3-5120f9d19fa7
  4. What does rundll32.exe do in 64 bit Windows 10? Can it be removed safely?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What is SearchApp.exe? Can I disable it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is SearchApp.exe? Can I disable it?: [ATTACH]There are a ton of processes running in the background that we are oblivious of and one of them is SearchApp.exe. You may have stumbled upon this task while probing the Task Manager. In this article, we are going to see what is SearchApp.exe and can you disable it....
  6. What is UNCServer.exe? Is it safe? Can I remove it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is UNCServer.exe? Is it safe? Can I remove it?: [ATTACH]If you are seeing a process named UNCServer.exe in the Task Manager of your Windows 11/10 computer are wondering what it is and if it is safe, then this post is sure to interest you. What is UNCServer.exe and why is it running? UNC is an abbreviation of the Universal...
  7. what is this? can I delete it safely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? can I delete it safely?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mozesty_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k19n5k/what_is_this_can_i_delete_it_safely/
  8. What is this and how can I disable it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this and how can I disable it?: [ATTACH] This transparent window organization utility pops up whenever I drag a window around on my desktop. It often gets in the way, especially when I am in a rush. What is this called, and how can I disable it? submitted by /u/dream_in_binary [link] [comments]...
  9. what's textinputhost.exe !! can i disable it

in Windows 10 Customization
    what's textinputhost.exe !! can i disable it: hi " salam" what's role of textinputhost !! can disable it idk why but need reason to make it on !! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-textinputhostexe-can-i-disable-it/a0a3ff10-2852-47ab-8f4e-c0b932eddd71
  10. What can I do in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What can I do in safe mode?: My windows 10 computer booted up to the safe mode. Now, what can I do from the safe mode? What can I do in safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/what-can-i-do-in-safe-mode/b148d5de-4966-4ad4-8037-30ecbb7988e7