Windows 10: What is in the November optional Updates for the home user?

Discus and support What is in the November optional Updates for the home user? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is in the November optional update and if I do not install it, will it be listed for ever more on my update page?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MHmc21, Dec 4, 2019.

1. MHmc21 Win User

What is in the November optional Updates for the home user?

What is in the November optional update and if I do not install it, will it be listed for ever more on my update page?

:)

MHmc21, Dec 4, 2019

2. How to get november update

Hi Suman,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message or code while try to check for updates?
    From the description provided, I understand that the Windows 10 is unable to download the latest updates for November.

Kindly follow the below suggested methods and see if it helps to resolve the issue with the failed updates and then try again to check.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.
    Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Unable to find Windows 10 November update in Windows Update also Is Cortana available in India?

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we apologies for the delay in responding.

Windows 10 build 10586.3 is the major update released by Microsoft on November 12. All the users will automatically receive the update. However if you still haven't received the update it might be Windows update issue, I
    suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update
    troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer
      and the Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    For reference: Windows 10 November update: FAQ

Also Cortana is now officially available in India.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. What is in the November optional Updates for the home user? - Similar Threads - November optional Updates

2. What is a Optional Quality Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is a Optional Quality Update: I have seen a couple of Optional Quality Update. What are these and why are they optional, should I install them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-optional-quality-update/67bff46f-c5c3-41e1-b618-8b468b85514f
  3. Problem with the update of November

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with the update of November: Hi guys,my pc after the last update doesn't use the gpu. On some games likes csgo I get 9-13 fps,this is strange because I have a rtx 2060 and the usage of the gpu is on 10 % or lower. I think is the update because the pc is running bad after the this update submitted by...
  4. Windows 10 November 2020 updates: What’s new and fixed

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 November 2020 updates: What’s new and fixed: It’s Patch Tuesday, a day when Microsoft releases security patches for all supported versions of Windows 10. As part of this process, Microsoft has now released Windows 10 November 2020 cumulative updates and you’ll be able to download them using the Settings app. Windows 10...
  5. November Update

November Update: Someone at Microsoft isn't thinking very well. I had my logon set up the way I wanted it and the November update blew that up. Let's use our heads guys and don't mess with user settings you ARE NOT asked to mess with. OK?...
  6. what is the time or date of the win10 November 2019 update?

what is the time or date of the win10 November 2019 update?: what is the time or date of the win10 November 2019 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-update/5830a5cb-8f83-48ee-87d9-01e7aff3689f
  7. What is new in Windows 10 v1909 November Feature Update

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Windows 10 v1909 November Feature Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft is prepping Windows 10 v1909 November Update, aka 19H2, and to those who are not tracking, it doesn’t roll out any major feature. For a change, Microsoft decided to step back and made sure to fix all problems with [...] This post What is new in...
  8. November 2018 update

November 2018 update: Last week I updated my windows 10 for the latest updates, then when I turned on my laptop after the update the things I use such as browsers would not open but when I looked in the task manager they were showing as being open, but not displayed. Then the task bar was frozen...
  9. November Update on a machine with relocated Users folder

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    November Update on a machine with relocated Users folder: Anyone tried to install the November Update on a machine with relocated 'Users' folder (per this guide)? Does it install? Or is it necessary to bring 'Users' back to C: before installing this update? 29778
  10. What happened to Optional Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happened to Optional Updates?: Does anybody know what happens to what (in Windows 8.1 ) were called "Optional Updates" in Windows Update? Are these pushed automatically along with "Important Updates"? If not, how do we get them? 11178