Windows 10: What is inside the pagefile.sys

Discus and support What is inside the pagefile.sys in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is inside pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys. Does it any private files ???... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tril645, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Tril645 Win User

What is inside the pagefile.sys

What is inside pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys.

Does it any private files ???

:)

Tril645, Jul 31, 2019

2. C: pagefile .sys Degrag

How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation?

WilliamHall9, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Jul 31, 2019
  4. What is inside the pagefile.sys

Windows 10 PageFile Issue

I have a machine the started giving me an out of memory.

The PageFile was stuck at 512MB. VIrtual memory was set for System Managed. Recommended was around 1900MB. Machine has 8GB of RAM. If I set a min/max it would set at the min only. I finally set min/max 3-6GB. Runs better but it seems the Sys managed
    PageFile is not working correctly. haven't run into this issue before and I can't find anything for it.

GlennErler, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

What is inside the pagefile.sys

1. What is inside the pagefile.sys - Similar Threads - inside pagefile sys

2. What is zamguard64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is zamguard64.sys: What is zamguard64.sys? And should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-zamguard64sys/b2a9a885-cccc-4a85-b8e5-47cfd22626c1
  3. What is WinDivert64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is WinDivert64.sys: My laptop has been giving me the BSOD for a while, and I finally decided to try fixing it. I ran the Driver Verifier, and it finally gave me an error message that WinDivert64.sys failed.What is WinDivert64.sys used for?I tried searching for it online but got very mixed...
  4. What is WinDivert64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is WinDivert64.sys: My laptop has been giving me the BSOD for a while, and I finally decided to try fixing it. I ran the Driver Verifier, and it finally gave me an error message that WinDivert64.sys failed.What is WinDivert64.sys used for?I tried searching for it online but got very mixed...
  5. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  6. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  7. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PageFile

PageFile: I'm really in need of pc storage, I tried everything to empty the PageFile.sys at shutdown by changing the ClearPageFileAtShutdown value to 1 on the registry, and I tried to change it's location to my E drive where I have more space by nothing won't work the file stay in C...
  9. C: pagefile .sys Degrag

C: pagefile .sys Degrag: How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-pagefile-sys-degrag/1435a24e-30c1-43a8-9587-dbbac2c1216e"
  10. PageFile what should it be set too??

in Windows 10 Support
    PageFile what should it be set too??: Hi All, I am trying to determine the Proper Size for my Pagefile.. I have seen numerous posts and lots of different info.. Ithink I am supposed to et it at 1.5 to 2.0 times my Ram amount.. I was wondering what the experts had to say about this.. 83783
Tags: