Windows 10: What is install.esd?

Discus and support What is install.esd? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On Windows 10, in C:\ESD\Windows\sources is a 3 GB file called install.esd. Does anyone know what this huge file is used for and is it really needed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MesPia, Jan 24, 2020.

1. MesPia Win User

What is install.esd?

On Windows 10, in C:\ESD\Windows\sources is a 3 GB file called install.esd. Does anyone know what this huge file is used for and is it really needed?

:)

MesPia, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Missing ESD

Hi,

To assist you better, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Have you tried any changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to check the files in your Recycle bin?
    • May we know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know what ESD file are you trying to create? Is it for Windows 10 update?

Regards.

Marby Rey, Jan 24, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 24, 2020
  4. What is install.esd?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

What is install.esd?

1. What is install.esd? - Similar Threads - install esd

2. Urgent help needed-:deleted all partitions on my dell laptop and need help installing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Urgent help needed-:deleted all partitions on my dell laptop and need help installing...: I'm using a Dell inspiron 14 3467 1TB HDD. I made a bootable pendrive using Rufus and I'm now stuck at the list of drives in the installation window. I deleted all the partitions and I'm now left with nothing (a blank laptop).Can i still install Windows on it and if so...
  3. Install ITUNES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install ITUNES: I can not download itunes on my windows 10. Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. This is the message I had. What does it mean....
  4. An absolutely stupid problem//can I install win10 into the win8.1 recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An absolutely stupid problem//can I install win10 into the win8.1 recovery partition?: Coupla days ago a friend of mine brought her laptop to me, said it "doesn't restart", lol. It just boots into the win8.1 recovery tool. Plugged the HDD into my desktop, checked it with Victoria, almost perfect condition. She forgot the password, so I plugged my win10 flash...
  5. Can't install an app, it says I haven't signed in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install an app, it says I haven't signed in: I can't install Notepad app. It keeps saying I have no destination and I need to sign in. I signed in and it still says I need to. Where do I sign into the store?...
  6. No Audio Device Installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio Device Installed: After installing updates, the audio stated No Audio Device installed. Dell came out and replaced the board, jack and speakers. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled. I have installed updates and uninstalled the updates. I still does not work. Help! How can this be...
  7. I want to install two windows10 on the same computer and only one hard drive. What should...

I want to install two windows10 on the same computer and only one hard drive. What should...: C: \ already installed a Windows10. D: \ & E: \ I use it for personal files. I also want to install a Windows 10 on my F: \, how do I do it? Please be more detailed....
  8. What is the best program/app you have installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best program/app you have installed?: Always interested in what people have found, and could be used by others. For me, the best ever program (which has got me out of many a foolish move) has got to be Macrium. The times I have done something very silly and major happens from time to time. Good old Macrium has...
  9. Oobe install windows 10 ent. Ltsc with answer file

Oobe install windows 10 ent. Ltsc with answer file: Hi everybody, I'm new in the forum, and hope you can help me! I've been using an automatic deploy automation for the images of the computers we install in the machines we build, with windows 7. I used an answer file created with windows aik, and worked perfectly for years...
  10. Disk cleanup System files Windows ESD Installation folder not listed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk cleanup System files Windows ESD Installation folder not listed: I want to run disk cleanup tool in Windows 10 after latest update. After windows calculated and showed the amount of space that can be saved for each folder under Systems , I could not find the folder "Windows ESD Installation " . Is this a problem? Where is the folder ? Tks...