Windows 10: What is "Jackrabbit Webdav Server"? Why is it wanting my password?

Discus and support What is "Jackrabbit Webdav Server"? Why is it wanting my password? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently, when clicking on various links that I have stored in an Excel spreadsheet, I get a Windows Security pop-up box saying that my destination is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ron79, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Ron79 Win User

What is "Jackrabbit Webdav Server"? Why is it wanting my password?

Recently, when clicking on various links that I have stored in an Excel spreadsheet, I get a Windows Security pop-up box saying that my destination is asking for my name & password box and states that the request is from "Jackrabbit WebDAV Server".

It goes on to say that my name & password will be sent "using basic authentication on a connection that isn't secure". I have been closing the box without entering any data and I am then transferred to my desired destination.

What is Jackrabbit? What's with the unsecure connection? How do I stop this?

I did a search on the Forum's site and it came up with no issues being reported, so this may be something well known and/or harmless, but "unsecured connection" doesn't sound good.

Thanks in advance. -

:)

Ron79, Feb 14, 2017
  2. Why is Win User

Microsoft Account Sync Problem (Error Code: 86000C09)

Same problem with a live account, email is down.

Why is, Feb 14, 2017
  3. valkaninfo32 what is it and why is on my computer

valkaninfo32 what is it and why is on my computer

davidbrocklebank, Feb 14, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Samuria, Feb 14, 2017
  5. Anak Win User
    • What is Jackrabbit?
    Sounds scary to me, do you use Java?

• What's with the unsecure connection?
    As you put it "my destination", is not secure. What I've seen is, this crops up when somehow a microsoft office 07, 10, and 13 application tries to use an unsecure connection.

• How do I stop this?
    There may be a way but you will need to work in the registry, first go over this KB article: https://Office application opens blank from Sharepoint,WebDAV or site when it is HTTP | support.microsoft.com/en-us/help

The area you want to concentrate on is: Step 1: Configure WebDAV Redirector on the client. Skip the Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 part and go to the Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 To enable Basic authentication on the client computer, and study the steps. You may be adding a key. BasicAuthLevel [some systems already have the key but it's set to 0 ]. Before you start create a restore point: System Restore Point - Create in Windows 10 Then complete the steps from the beginning of the Vista, 7, 8 section.

• Here's a heads up:
    1.) I've seen that the BasicAuthLevel can exist in your registry but it's set to ( 0 ) which causes the problem you're experiencing. Then all you have to do is change the value by right clicking on it and left click on Modify then enter a 1 or 2 in the value data box.

2.) It says to use a value of 2 for the BasicAuthLevel value but this is for secure and non secure SSL connections, I haven't found anything as to what is meant by non-secure SSL .

I did take a look at my registry and found it's set to (1) 1 - Basic authentication enabled for SSL connections only: One (1) is what I'd go with.

What is "Jackrabbit Webdav Server"?  Why is it wanting my password? [​IMG]

Anak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What is "Jackrabbit Webdav Server"? Why is it wanting my password? - Similar Threads - Jackrabbit Webdav Server

2. what is my window password?????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is my window password?????: Hi my name is TIhanna I am have trouble figering out my windows current password I have no Idea of what it is I tryed all my passwords but didn't work . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-window-password/b007c329-b847-41a1-9a8f-7899520696ac
  3. WebDav Keep on Prompting Credential

in Windows 10 Customization
    WebDav Keep on Prompting Credential: Hi All, Please help us to resolve issue We are working on webdav , we are keep on prompted with credential . We tried following solution but still issue exists Solution 1: To resolve this problem, create a registry entry. To do this, follow these steps: Click...
  4. I want my dammed passwords back!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want my dammed passwords back!: Microsoft, you are contributing to security problems by not allow me to use passwords of my choosing. How? For the simple reason that a password that you can remember is better than one that you have to write down to remember. I have used sufficiently secure passwords in...
  5. What is Windows Server?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is Windows Server?: Window server is defined as a series of server operating system and it is developed by Microsoft Corporation. This is the common Windows Interview Questions asked in a windows Interview. please follow us through my website Play Bazaar...
  6. Internet email--popup menu..server p37-imap.mail,me.com....wants password. what is this ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet email--popup menu..server p37-imap.mail,me.com....wants password. what is this ?: Have little window poping up on desktop when I go to outlook. says it is Internet email & my name. Say Server: p37-imap.mail.me.com. Then give user name and then asks for a password. Tried all the PW I can think of and won't go away. Any idea what they are asking for?...
  7. WebDAV keeps asking for credentials

WebDAV keeps asking for credentials: Hi, Some of my clients have slightly different issues about WebDAV connections. Some of them are prompted on each file (essentially PDFs and MS Office files), some of them on first connection, some of them only with PDFs. The connection is of course saved in the Windows...
  8. I want to change my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to change my password: I want to change my password my friends know the password of my laptop with Windows 10 and now they enter when they want. I need to change it. My boyfriend put the password, and I don't know how to change it...
  9. Why my location is ok with localhost but not in web server

Why my location is ok with localhost but not in web server: My website is in Asp.Net and C # using the .NET Framework 4.7. I'm testing your "User Location> Basic User Location" routine from https://bingmapsv8samples.azurewebsites.net/#Basic%20User%20Location The problem is that it works on my PC through localhost but when I upload the...
  10. what if my passwords do not sync

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    what if my passwords do not sync: And what if my passwords do not sync? I have changed my microsoft account password online a couple of times and my w10 password is still old, although I have a permanent internet connection. Maybe the w10 passwords is cached somewhere? How to reset it and sync manually? 76005

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is meant by jackrabbit authentication