Windows 10: What is "JD_TaskSchedulerSchedule"?

Discus and support What is "JD_TaskSchedulerSchedule"? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So over several Windows 10 resets and the Creators Update, I've noticed something in my Task Scheduler that keeps giving me pause. At least once every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RaveBlack, Aug 23, 2017.

1. RaveBlack Win User

What is "JD_TaskSchedulerSchedule"?

So over several Windows 10 resets and the Creators Update, I've noticed something in my Task Scheduler that keeps giving me pause. At least once every night, a randomly named task that's not registered in the scheduler (and is not in the registry or the scheduler folders) will come up. The names look like Class IDs, stuff like {3ff0f6fb-1d05-4f62-8f1f-9be6d20167f8}, different each time. They always run one thing: an action by the name of "Global\JD_TaskSchedulerSchedule", with a different Class ID-looking number behind it, again different each time. Usually they terminate right off (within the same second of running) and I only see it once. Tonight, I've seen it three times and the third time is still running. It doesn't look to be doing anything beyond that.

The good thing, if there is one, is that I'm pretty sure this isn't malware. I've thrown Norton 360, ESET Online Scanner, MBAM, MBAR, TDSSKiller, ADWCleaner, and even the Junkware Removal Tool at it, and they all say I'm clean, plus it's persisted across several resets and at least one upgrade so it's more than likely something that's s'posed to be on here.

I've been up and down with Google and I can't find anything on it. I've even been to another forum, nothing there either.

If anyone has seen this before and can help me out with figuring out what it's doing, I'd really appreciate it.

:)

RaveBlack, Aug 23, 2017
  2. what!?!? Win User

Apps not closing, still running in background

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for a "close all" function. Sometimes I intentionally want to leave an app running. In windows phone 8.1, I could exit and close th app by merely selecting the arrow/back button, I am looking for that same functionality.
    When I'm in an app, I want to be able to exit directly from there and not have it continuing in the background.

what!?!?, Aug 23, 2017
  3. what!?!? Win User
    Apps not closing, still running in background

I just got my Lumia 950 phone. On my prior Windows phone, when I pressed the arrow/back button on the bottom left screen, I would exit the app. On Windows 10 phone, I've been doing that and I just realized I'm not exiting the apps. I had intentionally not
    exited an app (because it had my boarding pass). Instead of back button, I pressed the middle window button. Later when I went back to call up my airline app, I pressed the arrow/back button and held it. Similar to my old windows phone, it showed me all the
    apps that were open. SURPRISE! unlike my previous phone, no app had been closing. Right now, I can't seem to find a "one click" way to exit an app. The only way is after I've done a few things, I hold the back button and click the "X" on each of the open items.

Can someone tell me how to exit an app with one click or swipe so that it is not still running, i.e. when I press the back button I will not see it? I'm sure this is something simple. I search the instructions that came with the phone and looked in the
    forum but haven't found the answer.

thanks in advance the assist.

what!?!?, Aug 23, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

What I would do:
    Extract the task and save it somewhere. Then delete it from the Task Scheduler. See what happens in the next few days, and see if it re-appears. If everything is working fine without it being there, then hold on to the extracted task for a while. If everything works good, then I would delete it. But that's what I would do.

I also tried searching online. The only thing that I found was your post at the other forum.

pepanee, Aug 23, 2017
  5. RaveBlack Win User
    Problem is, it doesn't show up in the registry, the scheduled tasks, or even the tasks folder. Just Task Status and the task scheduler operational log. I can't delete or extract from there.

RaveBlack, Aug 23, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    Okay I see. Can you take a screen shot of what you mean by that you see it in the Task Status? And can you copy/paste the text from the log file that relates to it? Lemme see if I can find anything about it. Hopefully someone else can jump in and help if they know anything about it.

pepanee, Aug 23, 2017
  7. RaveBlack Win User
    https://i.imgur.com/hjqDNdN.jpg

The log entries are from the most recent instance, the one that decided to run longer than a second. I can copy/paste others that stopped in the same second, if need be.

RaveBlack, Aug 23, 2017
  8. RaveBlack Win User

I can and have, just need to wait for mod approval on the post.

...I tried posting it three times before I realized it needed to be approved first. Thought that new accounts couldn't post URLs or something like that. I feel rather dumb right now. *Redface

RaveBlack, Aug 23, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    Oh okay. Yea I don't really remember the rules of waiting some time in the beginning until you can post an attachment. So whenever you get the chance, attach that on here and we'll see what's what.

pepanee, Aug 23, 2017
  10. RaveBlack Win User
    Post has been approved. I linked the screenshot instead of attaching it, hope that's OK.

RaveBlack, Aug 24, 2017
  11. pepanee Win User
    I see. Okay. So I would open Task Scheduler itself (I see you're accessing Task Scheduler from Computer Management; refer to my screen shot). Then go through all the folders and look for something to do with JD.

Notice how I accessed those folders, I pressed the arrow to the left the names. Maybe you can try pressing the arrow to the left of Task Scheduler, and maybe you'll have the same layout as mine.

What is "JD_TaskSchedulerSchedule"? [​IMG]

pepanee, Aug 24, 2017
  12. RaveBlack Win User
    Like I've said, it only shows up under Task Status and in the Event Viewer. I've been all over the Task Scheduler folders. It's not there. I've been in the task folder in System32. Not there. Even been in the registry, and as far as I can tell, not there either.

RaveBlack, Aug 25, 2017
  13. pepanee Win User

Okay sorry bro, I don't know what else to do/where else to look. Maybe someone else who's more familiar with this can join in on this.

pepanee, Aug 25, 2017
  14. RaveBlack Win User
    Marking this solved, gave it a while to see if I was right and I seem to be.

Realized there was a common thread in all this: Trillian, my chat program. Both when I first noticed it happening and this last time, it was just after I'd installed it, and after checking further into the matter I learned that it tries to set a task for turning it on when it's first installed. I have no idea why it's still trying to do it and I can't seem to get it to stop (might be a Win10 incompatibility of some kind), but it's not doing anything harmful and only does it when I have the program itself on so I'm leaving it alone.

RaveBlack, Oct 1, 2017
  15. You are a hero.

I have had the same problem, and while I assume others have as well, I think you're the only person who has resolved it in any forum I've been able to google. For about the first year I had my current laptop, a 2015 ASUS ROG model, semi-regularly, between 11:00 pm and 2:00 am, and mysteriously have a ~3x5 inch blank white window pop up in the middle of my screen for a half second and then disappear. It stopped happening sometime fall last year and I forgot about it until tonight. I did a long overdue System Ninja check and saw the same format of random scheduled tasks with process names that those windows had months ago and you described: open bracket, 8 random hexidecimal characters, a dash, a few blocks of 4 hex characters, another dash, and then a bunch more hex followed by a close bracket.

Because they're random they were almost impossible to properly google forum results for until I found your post in bleepingcomputer and here. Even though I have a totally different build it's the same issue: I totally forgot I installed Trillian on this computer even though I used it maybe twice in May 2015. I've been low-key worried I had Spetznas malware hiding deep in C:\ for a year and a half, and it turned out to just be a bloated chat client whose usefulness peaked in 2012.

TeximusMaximus, Jan 9, 2018
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. global\jd_taskscheduler

2. jd_taskscheduler