Windows 10: What is keeping my Sleep settings from working?

Discus and support What is keeping my Sleep settings from working? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have my Power and Sleep settings to turn off the Screen after 10 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 1 hour. I've noticed that the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MesPia, Jan 12, 2021.

1. MesPia Win User

What is keeping my Sleep settings from working?

I have my Power and Sleep settings to turn off the Screen after 10 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 1 hour. I've noticed that the screen stays activated for much more than 10 minutes not sure yet if the computer is failing to sleep after 1 hour. What causes the screen to stay awake? and how can I fix it?

:)

MesPia, Jan 12, 2021

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 12, 2021
  4. What is keeping my Sleep settings from working?

Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

What is keeping my Sleep settings from working?

1. What is keeping my Sleep settings from working? - Similar Threads - keeping Sleep settings

2. Win11 - Keeps changing my sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 - Keeps changing my sleep settings: GDay All,I normally have the following setup in Control Panel > Power Options:---1. AMD Ryzen High Performance power plan2. Turn off the display = 3 minutes3. Put the computer to sleep = NeverSettings > Accounts > Sign-In Options1. “If you've been away, when should Windows...
  3. Win11 - Keeps changing my sleep settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 - Keeps changing my sleep settings: GDay All,I normally have the following setup in Control Panel > Power Options:---1. AMD Ryzen High Performance power plan2. Turn off the display = 3 minutes3. Put the computer to sleep = NeverSettings > Accounts > Sign-In Options1. “If you've been away, when should Windows...
  4. Sleep Settings Not Working on my New MSI PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Settings Not Working on my New MSI PC: Hello Everyone---- Very perplexing ---- My screen and sleep settings do not work on my new MSI notebook. I talked to the MSI support and they said it might be a Windows issue in the registry file. I have set the screen and sleep settings to various times to "sleep or turn...
  5. Sleep Settings Not Working on my New MSI PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Settings Not Working on my New MSI PC: Hello Everyone---- Very perplexing ---- My screen and sleep settings do not work on my new MSI notebook. I talked to the MSI support and they said it might be a Windows issue in the registry file. I have set the screen and sleep settings to various times to "sleep or turn...
  6. Is there a way to see what's keeping my laptop from going to sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to see what's keeping my laptop from going to sleep mode?: I'm getting pissed off myself, I went for a trip with friends and I come back to my laptop's screen being black, but my keyboard LED being on, and my mouse. I had given my power settings instructions to sleep after 10 minutes, but they didn't? I have a suspection it's...
  7. What is waking my computer from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is waking my computer from sleep?: I put my windows 10 desktop computer to sleep or hibernation and without touching the mouse or keyboard after a while (not sure about the time interval) I find it running. How can I check what wake him up? I do have WOL activated but not using it (not me at least :)...
  8. my nas keeps on waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my nas keeps on waking up from sleep: i have a synology ds215j which is in my bedroom. inside it are two 4tb wd red nas drives. the main router is in the living room. i extended a long network wire to my bedroom and i connected another router to that network wire. i connected a short network wire from my router...
  9. What to set in UpdateOrchestrator if it wakes up my laptop from sleep in the midnight?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What to set in UpdateOrchestrator if it wakes up my laptop from sleep in the midnight?: I already did this: [ATTACH] this was already unchecked: [ATTACH] I removed all the devices from the list, so it's empty: [ATTACH] But what else should I set? I just want pure thing: if I put my laptop into sleep, it will remain in sleep, until I press the Power...
  10. What keeps waking my sleeping mechanical storage drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What keeps waking my sleeping mechanical storage drives?: Windows 10 really likes to start up my storage drives. I have them set to sleep after one minute in the balanced power profile but not long after they spin down something else causes them to start up again. They will eventually turn off but spin up again at a later time...