Windows 10: What is "MaxHorizontalImageSize" and "MaxVerticalImageSize" using WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams.

Discus and support What is "MaxHorizontalImageSize" and "MaxVerticalImageSize" using WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two displays connected and was able to read the below data. [Disp1]: DisplayTransferCharacteristic : 120 InstanceName :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nagarjunak v, Dec 18, 2018.

1. What is "MaxHorizontalImageSize" and "MaxVerticalImageSize" using WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams.

I have two displays connected and was able to read the below data.

[Disp1]:
    DisplayTransferCharacteristic : 120
    InstanceName : DISPLAY\JDI0000\4&ed57c9d&1&
    MaxHorizontalImageSize : 32
    MaxVerticalImageSize : 88

[Disp2]:
    DisplayTransferCharacteristic : 120
    InstanceName : DISPLAY\JDI0000\4&ed57c9d&1&
    MaxHorizontalImageSize : 128
    MaxVerticalImageSize : 224

Please help in knowing more about "MaxHorizontalImageSize" and "MaxVerticalImageSize". Resolution has been set to "1200 X 1920" in display settings.

Q1. Is these values["MaxHorizontalImageSize" and "MaxVerticalImageSize" ] shown should match the physical display size ? Why the values in "wmimonitorbasicdisplayparams" for MaxHorizontalImageSize and MaxVerticalImageSize are not reflecting or matching the physical size of the Display that is ~ 13 X 20 CM. ??

Q2. From where these values will be retrieved ?

Q3. What is the need of using "WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams" ?

Q4. Why there is a change in value for both the displays.[Disp1 and Disp2]

Please help asap.

:)

Nagarjunak v, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

You could use cmdlet Get-CimInstance:

Code:
    Code:
    Get-CimInstance -Namespace root\wmi -ClassName WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams

What is "MaxHorizontalImageSize" and "MaxVerticalImageSize" using WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams. [​IMG]

Multiply the horizontal and vertical image size with 40 to get resolution in pixels. For example MaxHorizontalImageSize 48 / MaxVerticalImageSize 27 = 1920 * 1080 resolution.

More information about the monitors can be found with the following command:

Code:
    Code:
    Get-CimInstance win32_desktopmonitor
    -- OR --
    Code:
    Code:
    Get-CimInstance win32_videocontroller | select caption, CurrentHorizontalResolution, CurrentVerticalResolution
    And, if needed, information about the GPU:

Code:
    Code:
    Get-CimInstance win32_videocontroller

3. lgentry Win User
    Can Someone Help me Write a Script

Nus, this did not work for me but DonationCoder told me that a simple shortcut with the following as target
    will "detect display" Hope someone else finds this and it is beneficial. Thank you so much for your time and effort., I don't know what I would do without all the help I receive from gurus such as yourself. I am really amazing how many people across the web give of themselves to assist strangers. Good will is alive and well in the computing world.

%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -noprofile -executionpolicy bypass -Command "Get-CimInstance -Namespace root\wmi -ClassName WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams | Out-Null"

edit 7/23/15 I forgot to add that this shortcut must be "run as administrator"

lgentry, Dec 18, 2018
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

What is "MaxHorizontalImageSize" and "MaxVerticalImageSize" using WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams.

Can Someone Help me Write a Script

No, worries, that looks like a simpler method, heh.

I've got a script to set resolution, colour depth and refresh rate, so say if you need that.

Thema:

What is "MaxHorizontalImageSize" and "MaxVerticalImageSize" using WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams.

1. What is "MaxHorizontalImageSize" and "MaxVerticalImageSize" using WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams. - Similar Threads - MaxHorizontalImageSize MaxVerticalImageSize using

2. What is port 8181 used for

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is port 8181 used for: iPhone port 8181 open on my iPhone port 8181 open on my network and don’t know what it is used for https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-port-8181-used-for/bd5602b1-f5aa-4790-b75a-1f4032b087f7
  3. What are these folders used for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these folders used for?: Hello,I was checking ''WindowsApps'' and found these folders. Any idea for what these folders are used and if I can delete them safely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-folders-used-for/e7b603a8-387b-4fc7-87b1-8794087ec13a
  4. What are these folders used for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these folders used for?: Hello,I was checking ''WindowsApps'' and found these folders. Any idea for what these folders are used and if I can delete them safely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-folders-used-for/e7b603a8-387b-4fc7-87b1-8794087ec13a
  5. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the use of System Restore?: What is the use of system restore? What are the benefits? And is it worth creating a restore point? I read that disabling it may increase the performance of my SSD....
  6. What is CMOS and what is it used for?

in Windows 10 News
    What is CMOS and what is it used for?: CMOS or Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor is a small amount of memory in the motherboard of your computer and is used to store BIOS settings. They are very important for your computer as they store system files that keep track of your date and time and some hardware...
  7. What is microsoft Gameinput,what is its use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is microsoft Gameinput,what is its use?: What is microsoft Gameinput,what is its use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsoft-gameinputwhat-is-its-use/fc8745d3-4507-4273-b4c2-b8d0fb75b170
  8. What is using my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is using my RAM?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IAmNoSherlock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jahm55/what_is_using_my_ram/
  9. What is winreset.bat & what is it used for?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is winreset.bat & what is it used for?: winreset.bat, has appeared on my desktop, what is it & what is it used for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-winresetbat-what-is-it-used-for/fbfc83f3-4aa3-40f2-b0dd-fec6934612bb
  10. What is "MaxHorizontalImageSize" and "MaxVerticalImageSize" using WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams.

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is "MaxHorizontalImageSize" and "MaxVerticalImageSize" using WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams.: I have two displays connected and was able to read the below data. [Disp1]: DisplayTransferCharacteristic : 120 InstanceName : DISPLAY\JDI0000\4&ed57c9d&1& MaxHorizontalImageSize : 32 MaxVerticalImageSize : 88 [Disp2]:...