Windows 10: What is mDNSResponder.exe? Why is it running on my computer?

Discus and support What is mDNSResponder.exe? Why is it running on my computer? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This discussion is a part of a series in which we discuss files and services which may raise a question of legitimacy in your minds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 7, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

What is mDNSResponder.exe? Why is it running on my computer?

WinClub, May 7, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 7, 2019
  3. USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 7, 2019
  4. What is mDNSResponder.exe? Why is it running on my computer?

Cannot run .exe files

I rebooted my computer and it downloaded some updates. When it restarted, I could no longer run any .exe files. When I click on one, it asks me which program I would like to use to run it. Obviously, there are no programs on the list it offers me. The
    weirdest part is that some downloaded applications (like chrome, thankfully) still run. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or what happened?

robotoverlord, May 7, 2019
Thema:

What is mDNSResponder.exe? Why is it running on my computer?

1. What is mDNSResponder.exe? Why is it running on my computer? - Similar Threads - mDNSResponder exe Why

2. What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update: I just installed the latest cumulative update and restarted my Windows 10 22h2 PC, to see that AggregatorHost now runs in Task Manager at all times, even through multiple restarts; it doesn't consume many resources and behaves similarly to the AggregatorHost on my Windows 11...
  3. What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update: I just installed the latest cumulative update and restarted my Windows 10 22h2 PC, to see that AggregatorHost now runs in Task Manager at all times, even through multiple restarts; it doesn't consume many resources and behaves similarly to the AggregatorHost on my Windows 11...
  4. What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. why have no name .exe running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why have no name .exe running?: I usually use the habit of not installing pirated software, always keep the firewall and windows defender open.But one day when I shut down my computer, I found that my computer might be running a .exe file without a name, I tried to find the file from the job manager, but I...
  6. why have no name .exe running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why have no name .exe running?: I usually use the habit of not installing pirated software, always keep the firewall and windows defender open.But one day when I shut down my computer, I found that my computer might be running a .exe file without a name, I tried to find the file from the job manager, but I...
  7. why have no name .exe running?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. What Service is the one that makes x64 exe to run?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What Service is the one that makes x64 exe to run?: I have a so broken version of Windows 10, that runs on Safe mode or by disabling services. If I disable services I won't be able to run any exe file, since Windows would show a sign indicating app or program is not compatible. Unless opened as administrator. I'd like to...
  9. What is Cortana running on my kid's computer?

in Cortana
    What is Cortana running on my kid's computer?: I am trying to figure out Cortana's purpose and if I can block it. I saw another post from 2017 with the same parent concern and the question had been moved to "Surface". I searched "Surface" and it's not there either. SO, this is a big mystery. If I block Cortana, will...
  10. What is Rundll32.exe and why has it started running in the background?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Rundll32.exe and why has it started running in the background?: Hello, From the last few days there is something bizarre happening with my Windows 10 Task Manager Rundll32.exe will start running in the background when I look at my Task Manager and will not disappear. I have Windows 10 1903 for the last 1 month and I never noticed this,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mDNSResponder.exe Bonjour Service