Windows 10: what is microsoft.gamingservices and why is it causing my entire computer to stutter all...

Discus and support what is microsoft.gamingservices and why is it causing my entire computer to stutter all... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; i tried the xbox game pass for pc a week or so ago via the microsoft store app and ever since my antivirus has been getting pinged constantly about... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Ocerkin, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:57 PM.

1. Ocerkin Win User

what is microsoft.gamingservices and why is it causing my entire computer to stutter all...

i tried the xbox game pass for pc a week or so ago via the microsoft store app and ever since my antivirus has been getting pinged constantly about this gamingservices.exe trying to access it, and ive been getting stuttering and lag from my computer that lines up with the time my antivirus is registering the attempt, what is this and how do i remove it? i am regretting ever trying the game pass and wish i had never done so, there must be a way to fix this, it seems malicious even thought it came directly from microsoft, i never had these stutters prior to trying the game pass and i cant find a way to uninstall whatever this is

:)

2. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

3. 834e5206-26cf-43e1-a121-0fab5d3e1d44, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:59 PM
  4. what is microsoft.gamingservices and why is it causing my entire computer to stutter all...

Game stutter caused by Xbox One Controller

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, install the drivers for the controller in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the driver and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:59 PM
Thema:

what is microsoft.gamingservices and why is it causing my entire computer to stutter all...

1. what is microsoft.gamingservices and why is it causing my entire computer to stutter all... - Similar Threads - microsoft gamingservices why

2. What caused my Computer's Audio to Start Popping and Lagging?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What caused my Computer's Audio to Start Popping and Lagging?: What causes a computer to randomly start having audio issues? I'm dealing with popping and laggy audio. It seems to get worse if I start doing anything that requires the computer to think, like play a video game, run Chrome (opening another tab, scrolling too fast) opening...
  3. What is mDNSResponder.exe? Why is it running on my computer?

in Windows 10 News
    What is mDNSResponder.exe? Why is it running on my computer?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This discussion is a part of a series in which we discuss files and services which may raise a question of legitimacy in your minds. Today we will discuss mDNSResponder.exe/Bonjour service process. If you have seen it in the Task [...] This post What is...
  4. Update has wiped my entire computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has wiped my entire computer: Looking for some help. I turned my computer on and it was mid update. Next time i've opened it up and gone to log in everything has gone! Literally the home screen is blank other than the recycling logo. The windows logo won't open anything. The only way i managed to get the...
  5. BSODs! What is my cause?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs! What is my cause?: Total Hard Disks: Old Hard Disk (1TB - Backed Up Data) New Hard Disk (1 Month Old) (1TB - My Data) Very New Hard Disk (5 Days Old) (500GB - No Data) Shall I use a faulty new hard disk (I assume it to be faulty) as my secondary hard disk? As I'm getting a ton of BSODs with my...
  6. why does microsoft intrude on my computer ??????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does microsoft intrude on my computer ??????: it is obvious to me that microsoft imposes their idiotic security fixes ( saying that with tongue in cheek ) as far as microsoft has invaded my privacy denied me use of my comp with their b s fixes where no problem exists they change the way you sign on way...
  7. Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk: Microsoft Insisted on giving a fictitious computer name something more like an address. when that did not work you insisted that I use 1 nominated by yourselves. In the communications for this it was compromised. I deleted it along with all passwords connected. ever since you...
  8. What's causing all of my shortcuts to move after a reboot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's causing all of my shortcuts to move after a reboot?: Something odd has happened on my machine the last few days. I have duel monitors. I like to have my shortcuts on my left monitor, which is my primary monitor. But now, in the last few days, whenever I restart my machine, when it comes back up all of the shortcuts move from...
  9. All games only using Core 0 by default (causing stuttering)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games only using Core 0 by default (causing stuttering): Hello, A strange issue appeared out of nowhere on my laptop. I am using Windows 10 and my CPU is a I7-6700-HQ It appears that whenever I run a game, the core 0 always works at 100% capacity, causing stuttering in the game (probably due to clogging), when the other...
  10. Stuttering, in all games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering, in all games.: Hi! I've noticed, that I've recently had, some sort of stuttering, where my game will stutter, every three second. I'm not sure, if it came after I installed the Windows 10 Creators Update. My rig: CPU Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz RAM 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @...