Windows 10: What is Microsoft Management Console (MMC) in Windows 10?

Discus and support What is Microsoft Management Console (MMC) in Windows 10? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Microsoft Windows OS includes a console of various tools which is used for managing […] This article What is Microsoft Management Console... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 10, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

What is Microsoft Management Console (MMC) in Windows 10?

WinClub, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

management console

Do you mean that the MMC opens, but has nothing in it? If so, something has not been set up correctly. The MMC engine is used to show Services, but you shouldn't be seeing the MMC itself. If you've only just reinstalled W10 I would wipe it and install it again. If you have used it for a while and added stuff that would be time consuming to reinstall, then I would try an in-place repair install.

*Arrow Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Tutorials

Settings is a Windows App and should have nothing to do with the MMC, but Services is an MMC snap-in, defined by the file services.msc in the System32 folder. You can run it manually by typing services.msc in the WinKey+R Run box. Other commonly used MMC snap-ins are Disk Management, Task Scheduler, the Event Viewer and Device Manager.

What is Microsoft Management Console (MMC) in Windows 10? [​IMG]

One particularly useful MMC snap-in is Computer Management ( compmgmt.msc ) which has all of the above (and more) in one place for easy access.

What is Microsoft Management Console (MMC) in Windows 10? [​IMG]

3. Dark Ride Win User
    Microsoft Management Console 3.0

Microsoft Management Console 3.0 (MMC 3.0) is a framework that unifies and simplifies day-to-day system management tasks on Windows by providing common navigation, menus, toolbars, and workflow across diverse tools.

Win XP 32-bit: Download
    Win XP 64-bit: Download
    Win Server 2003: Download

Source: Microsoft

Dark Ride, Nov 10, 2020
  4. What is Microsoft Management Console (MMC) in Windows 10?

MMC crashes when I try to add the certificate snap-in and getting error message "Microsoft Management Console has stopped working" on Windows 10.

Original Title: MMC crashes when adding certificate snap-in

On Windows 10, my MMC crashes when I try to add the certificate snap-in. When I click "Ok" after having added the snap-in (computer account, local computer) the message: "Microsoft Management Console has stopped working" and I am offered a debug option.

There are no further error messages.

I have tried to run "sfc /scannow" and found nothing to repair.

My "programs and features" list looks like this:

What is Microsoft Management Console (MMC) in Windows 10? 2b093b0b-eab2-4c94-931c-ce89fc5a424e.png

CarstenBirck, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

What is Microsoft Management Console (MMC) in Windows 10?

1. What is Microsoft Management Console (MMC) in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Management Console

2. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft management console suddenly appearing: I accessed 'device manager' in the control panel several times in the last few days, without a problem. Now this evening when I attempt to access it, the Microsoft Management Console pops up. I can still access the device manager but I'm suddenly forced to do so through the...
  3. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft management console suddenly appearing: I accessed 'device manager' in the control panel several times in the last few days, without a problem. Now this evening when I attempt to access it, the Microsoft Management Console pops up. I can still access the device manager but I'm suddenly forced to do so through the...
  4. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document": Hello,I am attempting to start 'Services' but could not. I get the message "Unable to create new document" and search the internet for an answer. I've tried to use CMD admin sfc /scannow but it comes back with an error message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the...
  6. Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document": Hello,I am attempting to start 'Services' but could not. I get the message "Unable to create new document" and search the internet for an answer. I've tried to use CMD admin sfc /scannow but it comes back with an error message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the...
  7. my microsoft management console is crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    my microsoft management console is crashing: Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: mmc.exe Application Version: 10.0.19041.329 Application Timestamp: 2ede9d07 Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.572 Fault Module Timestamp: 1183946c Exception Code: 00000000...
  8. Sessions in Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sessions in Microsoft Management Console: Hi, May I know the architecture of where the sessions opened for CIFS shares are stored? Does it use a Microsoft Database? Is there any article supporting this?...
  9. management console

in Windows 10 Support
    management console: recently I reinstalled windows 10 home edition on my hp laptop and since then the microsoft management console is appearing each time I try to open settings or services ect. why is this happening it didn't before. 127302
  10. Uninstalling Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling Microsoft Management Console: How do I uninstall the ms management console? i am always getting this dialog box saying that the administrator has blocked the particular app from running. how do i uninstall it permenently?...