Windows 10: What is Microsoft Passport & Passport Container & why do they startup?

Discus and support What is Microsoft Passport & Passport Container & why do they startup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I haven't concentrated on this before. But I have noticed that on Windows startup Microsoft Passport & Passport Container will always start and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, Jan 9, 2021.

1. What is Microsoft Passport & Passport Container & why do they startup?

I haven't concentrated on this before. But I have noticed that on Windows startup Microsoft Passport & Passport Container will always start and then after a few minutes later Microsoft Passport will stop! But Microsoft Passport Container will always stop after 7 minutes and around 28 seconds on Windows boot or restart.

What is Microsoft Passport & Passport Container & why do they startup? [​IMG]

I have noticed it run in the background before at start-up but never took much notice or care.

But recently I have spotted that whenever I use Google Chrome this also immediately triggers Microsoft Passport & Passport Container to start! The question is why? When I use Opera browser which is also Chromium this does not happen.

I use Waterfox Classic Web browser and this never ever gets triggered. Is this behaviour normal? Should they really be starting on Windows and what is triggering Google Chrome to also start them up? What do these services have anything to do with Google Chrome either?

Btw, I use Local account to sign in to Windows 10 and not a Microsoft account. This is why I was wondering why they still start up on Windows. I would like to know the trigger of them just for the benefit of the doubt, not that it is causing any performance issues. My Windows 10 Pro version is 1903.

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, Jan 9, 2021

2. printing photo for passport

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest install Passport Photo from Microsoft store.

With this passport photo app, you can format, print, or save passport photos in seconds.

It comes with passport photo templates for 100 countries. As well as passport photos, this app is ideal for printing photos for job applications

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/passport-phot...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Microsoft Passport Container access denied. No MS suggested fix works.

Once again,

The machine is listed as compatible, was working great until the last cumulative update.

What is notable are the lack of beneficial responses from the MS community regarding a way to repair a broken Passport Container short of a complete reinstall of Windows 10.

Is that correct?

RVM

RichardVander Meide, Jan 9, 2021
  4. What is Microsoft Passport & Passport Container & why do they startup?

Microsoft Passport Container access denied. No MS suggested fix works.

They say...

The Microsoft Passport Container service terminated with the following error:

General access denied error

Michael_Linder, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

What is Microsoft Passport & Passport Container & why do they startup?

1. What is Microsoft Passport & Passport Container & why do they startup? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Passport Passport

2. Passport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Passport: I saved everything from my laptop on the Passport system so that I could transfer the info to my new Dell desktop. When I plugged the Passport into the computer it didn't work. Is there anything that I need to download to make the transfer???...
  3. My Passport

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    My Passport: I've been using My Passport backup devices and they always stop working. Anyone else find these to be junk and is there another automatic, reliable option available? 163225
  4. WD My Passport

WD My Passport: Hi. I have just purchased a Microsoft Laptop which unfortunately won't read my WD My Passport. does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport/b3cf90e5-c78b-4104-a67e-e25c5faea50a
  5. passport photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    passport photos: How to print passport size photos in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passport-photos/5a2753e1-55ac-4b74-bb13-2806afde6ec0
  6. Passport not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Passport not detected: My passport has all of my important files and documents on it but for whatever reason is not being recognized by any computer I've used. My folders/documents are present but they are empty and when I try to access them it tells me that it's unavailable and to make sure the...
  7. wd passport

wd passport: I reloaded my windows 10 after a crash . But the WD password does not seems to find my files to be downloaded back to the PC . Even the WD program disappeared from the drive . What I have to do to get my files back ?...
  8. Microsoft Passport and Microsoft Passport for Work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Passport and Microsoft Passport for Work?: I would like to use a feature called MS Passport or MS Passport for Work. I did some research on this feature and many articles say that you must sign up for a MS Account in order to do this. Can I create a MS Passport PIN just by using my local account instead by going...
  9. Auto login with microsoft passport for onedrive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto login with microsoft passport for onedrive: Good day everybody. Is it necessary to logon using my Microsoft passport to get onedrive worked ?. 1- if not what shall I do to have onedrive worked and sync ?. 2- if yes how to set pc to sign in automatically ?. Thanks 31243
  10. Network and passport drives

Network and passport drives: My WD passport drive is 5 times faster than my network drive but that is on one computer so my question is can 2 computers share the same drive and be as fast as a WD passport drive? 70326