Windows 10: What is Microsoft Photos video codec with lowest CPU usage on playing 4K videos?

Discus and support What is Microsoft Photos video codec with lowest CPU usage on playing 4K videos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm searching for video codec or library for play video 4K with lowest CPU usage. Many program or video player ex: VLC, DirectShow, PVS and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sornanun, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Sornanun Win User

What is Microsoft Photos video codec with lowest CPU usage on playing 4K videos?

Hi, I'm searching for video codec or library for play video 4K with lowest CPU usage. Many program or video player ex: VLC, DirectShow, PVS and other using high CPU and sometime cannot play. But I test to open same video with Microsoft Photos CPU average is 1 ~ 3% and GPU average 40 ~ 80% and video playing very smooth. I want to develop media player software with Photos libs or codec with C# language.Can you tell me how to get that?

:)

Sornanun, Jun 24, 2021

2. 4k video opens but video is slower than sound

So i've recently got a 4k tv and my laptop screen is 1080p. I've been using my gopro to get 4k video which opens on my windows 10 'Movies and TV' player. (After dowloading a codec from play store)

The only issue is that the video plays slower than the sound??

Any advice??

BenjayRabbitCowans, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Video import and play on Windows 10

Hi Russ Bristol,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you get any error message when you try to play imported videos in Windows media player?

• What is the format of the video files you try to play using Windows media player?
    Try these steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 1: Check the file type.

Check if the file type is supported in Windows Media Player 12. You may verify the information below. The information is more or less the same except for few file types such as H.264, Xvid and DivX video codecs, AAC audio<sup></sup>
    and 3GP, MP4 and MOV container formats that are natively supported by WMP 12.

Information about the Multimedia file types that Windows Media Player supports

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992/

Step 2: Download and install codec.

If the file type is supported by the Player, make sure the codec used to compress the file is installed on your computer. Some codec’s aren't supported by the Player.

Here’s how you can check for the codec of the file.

To do this, follow these steps in Windows Media Player 12:

• Determine whether the codec is installed on the computer that you are using to play the file. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. In the Now Playing area, right-click the file that you are trying to play, and then click
    Properties.

b. Click the File tab, note the codecs that are specified in the
    Audio codec and the Video codec areas, and then click
    OK. If the following condition is true, go to step 2.

No video codec is specified.

c. On the Help menu, click About Windows Media Player.

d. Click the Technical Support Information hyperlink.

e. Determine whether the video codec that you noted in step 1b is listed in the Video Codecs area. If the codec is not listed, go to step 2.

f. Try to reinstall the codec. If you cannot reinstall the codec, go to step 2.

g. Try to play the file. If you can play the file, go to step 3.

2. Install the codec.

To do this, follow the below steps:

a) If you receive an error message when you try to play the file, click
    Web Help. If you do not receive an error message when you try to play the file, go to step 3.

b) On the Microsoft Web site, click the link to the Wmplugins Web site. If this link is not present, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

c) Try to play the file. If you can play the file, skip step 3.

3. Obtain the codec from a external vendor. For information about your hardware manufacturer, visit the following Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/vendors/en-us

If your file format you have downloaded/imported is not supported in Windows Media Player. However use your favorite search engine to search for the application that converts the file to the format that Windows Media player supports.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 24, 2021
  4. What is Microsoft Photos video codec with lowest CPU usage on playing 4K videos?

Microsoft Photos doesn't play Video

Hello Sat,

App compatibility is a primary factor that we have to consider why you are experiencing this issue. To gain a better grasp of your concern, we need to gather the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you tried playing the video with a different application?
    • Does the issue happen to all of the videos you're trying to play?

Meanwhile, I suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this
    article
    and see if it makes any difference.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Michelle Vil, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

What is Microsoft Photos video codec with lowest CPU usage on playing 4K videos?

1. What is Microsoft Photos video codec with lowest CPU usage on playing 4K videos? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos video

2. video codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  3. video codecs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  4. VP9 Video Codec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  5. VP9 Video Codec

VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  6. codec for mp4 video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    codec for mp4 video: when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.anyone knows how to solve this issue?...
  7. 4k Video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    4k Video: Hello. I am a vlogger. I connected my USB Charger to my iPhone and it doesn't let me import my 4k videos or view them. I need to know what to do because I need to get my video posted asap!...
  8. ?Codec? to watch video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?Codec? to watch video: I cannot watch a video on my laptop windows 10 from the SD card from my camera . ?? I may need to add a "codec" WTH? is it free and can someone help me to put this on my computer please....
  9. What to do to open a video if the codec is not supported?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What to do to open a video if the codec is not supported?: I can play video on my windows media player on windows 10 but I don't know why I can hear no sound in any video. What might be the reason? My Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Microsoft Photos doesn't play Video

Microsoft Photos doesn't play Video: Videos created out of Microsoft photos app in Windows 10 doesn't play after finish. It just pops up a black window for a fraction of second when I click on play option and vanish. The app also get close automatically after that. Please help...