Windows 10: what is Microsoft policies for use APIs as commercially?

Discus and support what is Microsoft policies for use APIs as commercially? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Could I use Bingmap, Bing News, PowerBI, Outlook and Share point APIs for commercial use?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dharamendragoyal, Mar 3, 2020.

1. what is Microsoft policies for use APIs as commercially?

Hi,

Could I use Bingmap, Bing News, PowerBI, Outlook and Share point APIs for commercial use?

:)

dharamendragoyal, Mar 3, 2020

2. Was the Media Foundation API really ever considered a commercial success or commercial failure?

With the rise of HTML5 killing off every other media plugin for media playback (including Windows Media Player's plugin) was the Media Foundation API really considered a commercial success or commercial failure?

Only 2 third party programs outside of Microsoft products have ever gotten a license for the Media Foundation API: that is Goldwave & Mozilla Firefox (Version 24 & later for WIndows 7 & later only).

I really want to know if any other programs were planned to use the API or planned to migrate from DirectShow to Media Foundation before those plans were cancelled.

KevinSchantz, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Hpeggy Win User
    Microsoft Yahei font in commercial outputs

Is my interpretation right on Microsoft Yahei based on Microsoft font redistribution info:

Microsoft YaHei font family - Typography

Font redistribution FAQ - Typography

that as long as I am using Microsoft yahei in commercial outputs via commercial applications such as visual studio and Windows, I am not violating Beijing Founder Electro co.'s font EULA?

I saw a Q by a professional who used the font in an image output that was originally created through company's Office 365 and then through commercially licensed Windows Microsoft painter, got contacted by this original font designer for license violation.

Can Microsoft answer clearer on this font license related matter? Am I protected to use this font as long as I use it in commercial applications in licensed Windows system?

Hpeggy, Mar 3, 2020
  4. what is Microsoft policies for use APIs as commercially?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

what is Microsoft policies for use APIs as commercially?

1. what is Microsoft policies for use APIs as commercially? - Similar Threads - Microsoft policies APIs

2. Microsoft Clipchamp for Commercial Use?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Clipchamp for Commercial Use?: Hello there,I was wondering if the FREE version of Microsoft Clipchamp can be used for commercial purposes, thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-clipchamp-for-commercial-use/d602ec13-6117-425f-aefd-ad514feb2437
  3. Microsoft Clipchamp for Commercial Use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Clipchamp for Commercial Use?: Hello there,I was wondering if the FREE version of Microsoft Clipchamp can be used for commercial purposes, thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-clipchamp-for-commercial-use/d602ec13-6117-425f-aefd-ad514feb2437
  4. Microsoft Clipchamp for Commercial Use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using Microsoft cryptographic API

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Microsoft cryptographic API: I am using Visual studio and developing application. I come across Bcrypt.h header - Win32 apps Microsoft Docs Microsoft cryptographic library.I would like to know If there any additional license cost of using this library or we can use it as part of normal SDK. Is there any...
  6. Using Microsoft cryptographic API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Microsoft cryptographic API: I am using Visual studio and developing application. I come across Bcrypt.h header - Win32 apps Microsoft Docs Microsoft cryptographic library.I would like to know If there any additional license cost of using this library or we can use it as part of normal SDK. Is there any...
  7. Using Microsoft cryptographic API

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Question about Minecraft commercial policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Minecraft commercial policies: Hi,I couldn't find a clear answer to this. Is it against the user agreement to sell plots of land in Minecraft? For example, if I built a castle and sold it, would that be allowed. I also saw online that placing advertisements inside Minecraft is not allowed, but I couldn't...
  9. Commercial Use

Commercial Use: Hello! I received a laptop which had windows 10 pro education and office 365 for enterprise previously installed I posted another question from which i learned that office 365 for enterprise can be used commercially. I wanted to ask that can i use windows pro education...
  10. Commercial Use

Commercial Use: Hello! I received a laptop and it has Windows 10 pro education, and office 365 for enterprise In another post i was told that office for enterprise can be used commercially. I wanted to ask that can i use my windows version for freelancing. I also learned that all...