Windows 10: What is Microsoft store and how download works

Discus and support What is Microsoft store and how download works in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was searching Google for freeware software to split and merge PDF and I found one because in the search Microsoft was written. From there I do not... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Ari94, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Ari94 Win User

What is Microsoft store and how download works

I was searching Google for freeware software to split and merge PDF and I found one because in the search Microsoft was written. From there I do not know what happened some how it got installed on the computer. first experience of Microsoft store. ---->Start/Program I found that but when I wanted to locate in the Program folder it was not there. I uninstalled from Start/Program right click on the Icon.

As I have never used Microsoft store I wonder what it is and how come a software could install without downloading on the computer. Refer screen shot.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

What is Microsoft store and how download works 40831659-6965-4aea-a755-22ac6b1deb84?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ari94, Feb 16, 2021

2. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 16, 2021
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Feb 16, 2021
  4. What is Microsoft store and how download works

Microsoft Store not working to download

Hi Julia,

Corrupted or missing system files can be a possible reason why you can't download apps in Microsoft Store. However, we need to gather more information to provide the best resolution for your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to download an app in the Store?
    • Are you connected to a stable internet connection?

In the meantime, you can try to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. See steps below:

• In the Search bar, type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Select the Windows Store Apps and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still occurs, you can reset the Windows Store.

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click on OK. The WSReset tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

What is Microsoft store and how download works

1. What is Microsoft store and how download works - Similar Threads - Microsoft store download

2. how to download Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to download Microsoft store: I don't know how the Microsoft app got removed from my Lapi, but now I am Trying to download it not getting option to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-store/72555287-5001-47ff-8b3f-b551369755b6
  3. how to download Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to download Microsoft store: I don't know how the Microsoft app got removed from my Lapi, but now I am Trying to download it not getting option to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-store/72555287-5001-47ff-8b3f-b551369755b6
  4. how to download Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to download Microsoft store: how to download Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-store/6ed9ee59-acd1-40d6-a07a-b6edc37ee164
  5. how to download Microsoft store

how to download Microsoft store: how to download Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-store/6ed9ee59-acd1-40d6-a07a-b6edc37ee164
  6. how to download Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Microsoft store and store-downloaded apps not working

Microsoft store and store-downloaded apps not working: Hello,I'm having an error with the store and its apps groove music, photos, movies and tv...I asked this question before and they gave me a lot of solutions, but non of them workedStill I have the error...I tried the Windows store apps troubleshooter and it gives me this...
  8. how to download microsoft store

how to download microsoft store: hellowell i'll go straighttwo or three hours ago i reseted my windows because it had a lot of errors and a lot of things didn't work wellanyways now everything is goodbut i can't find my micrsoft store i searched how to get it again but without any resultso what should i do...
  9. Microsoft Store downloads not working.

Microsoft Store downloads not working.: This has been happening for a while now and I can't get it to work. When I try and install an app/game that I own on the Microsoft Store, nothing happens. I click install and I don't get an error message, but it doesn't install. I have enough storage on my PC and am running...
  10. Microsoft store downloads not working

Microsoft store downloads not working: For the past few days I have been trying to reinstall Forza Horizon 4 as I had been having some issues with it not updating. After I uninstalled it the Microsoft store would not let me install the game as it just wouldn't go to the downloads for the most part. In the few...