Windows 10: What is Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy?

Discus and support What is Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday I noted a message in the notification area that I should restart my laptop to install Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy. Could you please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by arkan8, Dec 24, 2019.

1. arkan8 Win User

What is Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy?

Yesterday I noted a message in the notification area that I should restart my laptop to install Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy. Could you please explain what this thing is and why I have to install it?

:)

arkan8, Dec 24, 2019

2. Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy is related to Microsoft stream. Microsoft Stream is a video service that uses the power of intelligent enterprise video to enable knowledge sharing, easier communication, and connectivity in a secure enterprise environment.
    Microsoft Stream is the successor to Office 365 Video; however, the two services will co-exist during the transition period. Both are built on Azure Media Services and use the same streaming video technology, allowing playback at scale across any device. Where
    Office 365 Video leveraged SharePoint Online for infrastructure and storage, Microsoft Stream is built from the ground up on top of Azure.

You need not to worry on this update as this will not cause any harm to your PC. You can refer this article:

Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy

Hope it helps you,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Holly1958 Win User
    Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy

I got a message in the notification area of my laptop to restart my laptop to install Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy .
    What is this for and why did I suddenly get it? It wasn't listed with other updates on the update page. Hope I didn't ruin my computer by installing this. But had no choice as had to restart for updates that were being downloaded today.

Holly

Holly1958, Dec 24, 2019
  4. What is Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy?

Windows 10 Media Server/Streaming doesn't work.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest to turn on the IIS feature from Program and features.

Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel
    • Program and Features
    • Turn windows features On or Off
    • Find Internet information services and click on it. Let the services start.
    Now check if you are able to stream.

Get back to us with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

What is Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy?

1. What is Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Streaming Service

2. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?: I am using the Opera GX browser.When I opened the browser, I am getting a notification from my anti-virus software ESET NOD32, that Opera obtained access to my webcam.When I dug into this further, I found that it isn't Opera GX, but "Model: Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy,...
  3. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?: I am using the Opera GX browser.When I opened the browser, I am getting a notification from my anti-virus software ESET NOD32, that Opera obtained access to my webcam.When I dug into this further, I found that it isn't Opera GX, but "Model: Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy,...
  4. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why does Microsoft block my streaming services?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft block my streaming services?: Hello,As the saying goes, once is an accident, twice is suspicious, and the third time it's intentional. I'm a paying subscriber to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney Plus within the same household; there's no password sharing, and my passwords are very complex. The streaming...
  6. Nsi Proxy Service Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nsi Proxy Service Driver: So I’ve been on a wild goose chase all day trying to find the dependencies for WLANautoconfig and have finally managed to do so. One of these is Network Store interface service properties. It’s dependencies are RPC and then the an SI proxy service driver. RPC is running so I...
  7. Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy: Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy loads for my 4k camera on win10 start but about 30 min later it gets disconnected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-streaming-quality-manager-proxy/2277312c-5366-45f5-a01c-c671ae3461ea
  8. Screenshotting streaming services?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshotting streaming services?: Hey, so I need to take a screenshot of a movie for a school project, but it turns out Basically every streaming service blocks this somehow and turns the entire screen black. I've tried using snipping tool and the normal prtsc button. Is there any way to bypass this? I know I...
  9. Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy: I got a message in the notification area of my laptop to restart my laptop to install Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy . What is this for and why did I suddenly get it? It wasn't listed with other updates on the update page. Hope I didn't ruin my computer by installing this....
  10. Project xCloud game streaming service announced by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Project xCloud game streaming service announced by Microsoft: IzV_xrisMko The future of gaming is a world where you are empowered to play the games you want, with the people you want, whenever you want, wherever you are, and on any device of your choosing. Our vision for the evolution of gaming is similar to music and movies —...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft streaming service proxy

2. Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy added removed

3. Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy remove

4. microsoft streaming proxy what is it?,
  5. microsoft streaming service proxy notification turn off,
  6. what is ms proxy,
  7. Microsoft steaming service proxy