Windows 10: What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?

Discus and support What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Specifications-128GB HDDWindows 11 v22504.1010... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LittleRobotCoder, Nov 28, 2021.

1. What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?

Specifications-128GB HDDWindows 11 v22504.1010

:)

LittleRobotCoder, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 28, 2021
  3. C windows installer folder - Delete?

So I personally don't have any problems with this folder at the moment but one of my friends is wondering if it's safe to delete everything in that folder since he is trying to free up some space on his hard drive. Thanks!

BondExtreme, Nov 28, 2021
  4. What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?

1. What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it? - Similar Threads - mountUUP folder drive

2. Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?: Recently I wanted to clear storage on my c drive so I uninstalled some architecture related software like revit and AutoCad as I no longer needed them. After the installation some storage had freed up but not as much as a thought it would. I opened the C drive and found a 22...
  3. Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?: Recently I wanted to clear storage on my c drive so I uninstalled some architecture related software like revit and AutoCad as I no longer needed them. After the installation some storage had freed up but not as much as a thought it would. I opened the C drive and found a 22...
  4. Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?

What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?: Specifications-128GB HDDWindows 11 v22504.1010 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-mountuup-folder-in-windows-11-in-c-drive/805e0bdc-2ec3-4209-9972-aa9c5c6c2ee8
  6. I can't delete the folder "MountUUP"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete the folder "MountUUP": Whenever I try to delete a folder called mountUUP My computer says I need permission from "ALPHA-PC" Which is what I named my pc. Does anyone know how to delete it without going into safe mode or things like that? It kinda makes me scared to do those kinds of things because I...
  7. I can't delete the folder "MountUUP"

I can't delete the folder "MountUUP": Whenever I try to delete a folder called mountUUP My computer says I need permission from "ALPHA-PC" Which is what I named my pc. Does anyone know how to delete it without going into safe mode or things like that? It kinda makes me scared to do those kinds of things because I...
  8. I can't delete the folder "MountUUP"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?: Simple as the title. Is safe to delete the "Panther" folder at C:\Windows directory. Note : i think it is created after a (succesful) repair upgrade. I run Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 20H2 build 19042.685. Thanks.*Smile 170737
  10. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?: Simple as the title. Is safe to delete the "Panther" folder at C:\Windows directory. Note : i think it is created after a (succesful) repair upgrade. I run Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 20H2 build 19042.685. Thanks.*Smile 170737