Windows 10: What is MoUSOCoreWorker.exe? Why does it keep restarting and waking PC from Sleep Mode?

Discus and support What is MoUSOCoreWorker.exe? Why does it keep restarting and waking PC from Sleep Mode? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]MoUsoCoreWorker.exe, also known as Mo USO Core Worker program, is a file from Microsoft […] This article What is MoUSOCoreWorker.exe? Why does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 19, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

What is MoUSOCoreWorker.exe? Why does it keep restarting and waking PC from Sleep Mode?

WinClub, Sep 19, 2020
  2. capnp72 Win User

Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance.

capnp72, Sep 19, 2020
  3. WaytGibbs Win User
    Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Sep 19, 2020
  4. What is MoUSOCoreWorker.exe? Why does it keep restarting and waking PC from Sleep Mode?

Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

What is MoUSOCoreWorker.exe? Why does it keep restarting and waking PC from Sleep Mode?

1. What is MoUSOCoreWorker.exe? Why does it keep restarting and waking PC from Sleep Mode? - Similar Threads - MoUSOCoreWorker exe Why

2. Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?: I've been having the issue with my PC where it won't wake from sleep. I press a key on the keyboard or wiggle the mouse and it seems to wake up since the light on my external hard drive comes on apart from the display is black. The only way to get it to properly wake up is a...
  3. Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?: I've been having the issue with my PC where it won't wake from sleep. I press a key on the keyboard or wiggle the mouse and it seems to wake up since the light on my external hard drive comes on apart from the display is black. The only way to get it to properly wake up is a...
  4. Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  6. PC keeps waking from sleep

PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  7. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  8. PC wakes up from sleep mode

PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  9. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. PC fails to wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC fails to wake from sleep mode: Immediately following the September Windows update my computer would not wake from sleep mode. The screensaver kicks in correctly and the PC reactivates from that, using either the keyboard or mouse. When the PC actually goes into sleep mode the display goes black but when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usocoreworker