Windows 10: what is MSASCuil

Discus and support what is MSASCuil in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; what is MSASCuil ,what happens if it is disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HARILAXMI, Feb 6, 2020.

1. HARILAXMI Win User

what is MSASCuil

what is MSASCuil ,what happens if it is disabled

:)

HARILAXMI, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Missing Startup Software

1803 was the last version to include MSASCuiL.exe and MSASCui.exe, they were removed in 1809 and all later versions.

The purpose of MSASCuiL was to display the old Defender icon in the taskbar, while MSASCui was the old Defender UI.

Neither are needed (or will work) in 1809 or higher. In fact, attempting to run the old MSASCui.exe from 1803 in any recent version of W10 will now just open the Windows Defender Security Center.

A leftover for a previous version after updating it? It is not needed as your Startup list also has the item that's now used in place of MSASCuiL, the 'Windows Security notification icon'.

It is safe to delete the MSASCuiL startup entry from the registry (if that's where it is). It may not be a registry entry, it may be a shortcut in your %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder. Early versions of W10 did not show the taskbar Defender icon by default, it was common practice for users to put a shortcut there to make it show on the taskbar.

Bree, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Phaewryn Win User
    Windows 10 update - windows defender taskbar icon - NOPE.

I just got an update for my windows 10 machine last night. I turned it on today, and now there's an icon in the taskbar for Windows Defender. I'm sick of getting my machine like I like it and then Microsoft sending me BLOATWARE with every update! I use a
    3rd party antivirus (like most people) and do not want to see an icon in my taskbar for a program I DO NOT USE and DO NOT WANT. No, I don't want to "hide" it and get an arrow there instead, I want Windows to stop force feeding me bloatware! I did manage to
    kill it, but I should not have to go into Process Explorer, find the file name, open Program Files, find the exe file, take permissions from Trusted Installer, and then rename it! I should not have to constantly FIGHT my operating system!

But, for anyone else that wants it gone, here's the steps:

Open Program Files. Find MSASCuiL. Right-click, and go to Properties. Tab to Security. Click Edit. Select Administrators. Click Full Control checkbox. Click OK. Click OK. Go to MSASCuiL and Rename it MSASCuiLKILL (or whatever you want). This also works for
    all the Windows 10 App bloatware.

Phaewryn, Feb 6, 2020
  4. what is MSASCuil

Windows Defender Options Missing

No, it's like i can't access the options, all the settings are gone, the Msascui and Msascuil files are deleted.
    what is MSASCuil b7af7b98-9d5f-4888-b180-68e35f475a36?upload=true.png

ShamefulHarp590, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

what is MSASCuil

1. what is MSASCuil - Similar Threads - MSASCuil

2. Doubts regarding MSASCUIL pls help..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Doubts regarding MSASCUIL pls help..: I can see MSASCUIL in startup in task manager. And I can't see it tuning in processes.. Do I have a virus?.. Everything in my pc runs fine.. Pls help.. I also can't find its file location.. I'm on windows 10...
  3. Doubts regarding MSASCUIL pls help..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Doubts regarding MSASCUIL pls help..: I can see MSASCUIL in startup in task manager. And I can't see it tuning in processes.. Do I have a virus?.. Everything in my pc runs fine.. Pls help.. I also can't find its file location.. I'm on windows 10...
  4. Doubts regarding MSASCUIL pls help..

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. MSASCuiL at Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSASCuiL at Startup: Hi i found this program called MSASCuiL in my start up with no publisher, can anyone please explain to me why i cant view its properties nor file location? is it virus malware ot whatever because many sites claim it to be. Please help and thank you. submitted by...
  6. "MSASCuiL" in startup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "MSASCuiL" in startup.: Ok so i've noticed this on start up since yesterday, and god knows how long its been in my startup. I have NO idea what the program is, and when i right click it to view it, it has NO option for me to view file location and properties, i googled it where it should be, and...
  7. MSASCuiL in Task Manager startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSASCuiL in Task Manager startup: Should I disable this program MSASCuiL?Is it potentially harmful for my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msascuil-in-task-manager-startup/fae45d8f-d6c4-441f-a920-731870ad8be6
  8. MSASCuiL at task manager.

MSASCuiL at task manager.: if I am in task manager it says MSASCuiL but you cannot open file location or view information. I got it after I downloaded Malwarebytes and uninstalled it. when i downloaded it again, it also divorced from the task manager. Is this some kind of malware or is this just a file...
  9. Is MSASCuil a safe process?

Is MSASCuil a safe process?: Hi my pc been acting funny for a while and idk what happened. Basically i logged in then found a black screen so i oppened task manager and it crashed. After a few days i tried again and it worked. I opened task manager and went to start up and found MSASCuil, it didn't have...
  10. MSASCuil

MSASCuil: Hi my pc been acting funny for a while and idk what happened. Basically i logged in then found a black screen so i oppened task manager and it crashed. After a few days i tried again and it worked. I opened task manager and went to start up and found MSASCuil, it didn't have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msascuil.exe msascuil

2. what is msascuil in my startup list

3. msascuil