Windows 10: What is MusNotifyIcon.exe? Is it a virus?

Discus and support What is MusNotifyIcon.exe? Is it a virus? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]MusNotifyIcon is the Modern Update Settings Notify Icon process and many Windows users are seeing the process running in Task Manager. In this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 23, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

What is MusNotifyIcon.exe? Is it a virus?

What is MusNotifyIcon.exe? Is it a virus? [​IMG]
    MusNotifyIcon is the Modern Update Settings Notify Icon process and many Windows users are seeing the process running in Task Manager. In this article, we are going to see what is MusNotifyIcon.exe and see if it is a virus. What is MusNotifyIcon.exe? MusNotifyIcon.exe is a core Windows process, and is present in Windows 11 and […]

This article What is MusNotifyIcon.exe? Is it a virus? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Malware tprdpw64.exe after installing 7zip

Thank you for the reply and the suggestions. However neither link provided a working solution. I followed each set of instructions step by step, to the T, but the viruses are still there.

I killed the processes with Rkill as instructed, and it found and ended the malware process `tprdpw64.exe`. It, however, did nothing
    about the adware `svcvmx` & `svcvmx client` processes. After doing so I downloaded and installed Zemana, as instructed, and let it do a full system scan. Might I add that this took over
    10 hours to complete, as I have 1,396,541 files on my PC, so this whole thing wasted nearly half a day of my time with no results.

Zemana detected the malware virus `tprdpw64.exe` located at "C:\WINDOWS\System32\tprdpw64.exe"
    (among other, smaller "threats"), and labeled it as malware. After it finished the scan, it said it has placed all files into quarantine, including `tprdpw64.exe`.
    However, when checking the quarantine list `tprdpw64.exe` is
    not listed. I then decided to have Zemana remove the files in the
    quarantine list from my system and then rebooted my PC. It removed them all successfully, except for `tprdpw64.exe`
    which is still on my system, and still runs (I can still see it in task manager after rebooting). So the 10+ hours of waiting were all for nothing.

I then used Zemana's "drag-and-drop" feature to re-scan just `tprdpw64.exe`
    (in order to not have to wait 10+ hours again). It scanned it, and now says the file is not a threat (but it clearly is).

I then proceeded to step 2, using AdwCleaner to remove the adware. This did not work in the slightest. AdwCleaner did not detect the adware virus at all, and thus did nothing about it. I still cannot remove the viruses manually, either. However for some
    reason, the adware `svcvmx` & `svcvmx client` processes no longer seem to run (my PC has been on for about an hour, and the processes
    have yet to startup). However, even so the files are still on my file system and would like to delete them.

EDIT

I have just searched my registry, looking for any possible signs of tprdpw64 being listed, and there was nothing there.

Jon Barrow, Oct 23, 2021
  4. What is MusNotifyIcon.exe? Is it a virus?

One of my exe files is blocked in Windows but there is no explanation why

Hi Frank B.,

Corrupt registry settings or some third party product (or virus) can change the default configuration for running EXE files. This may lead to failed operation when you try to run EXE files. Having said that, you may want to turn off the
    Controlled folder access in Windows Defender and see if it makes any difference. You can follow the steps below:

1. Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    2. Select Virus & threat protection.
    3. Click Virus & threat protection settings.
    4. Scroll down to Mange Controlled folder access then toggle it
      Off.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Michelle Vil, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

What is MusNotifyIcon.exe? Is it a virus?

1. What is MusNotifyIcon.exe? Is it a virus? - Similar Threads - MusNotifyIcon exe virus

2. sihost64.exe virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sihost64.exe virus?: My antivirus avast marks ths file: C:/windows/system32/microsoft/libs/sihost64.exe as trojan and ijfected fileasking because its in system32 folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sihost64exe-virus/cbb55d6c-178e-40b3-b76d-2c85bdfbf6cc
  3. sihost64.exe virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sihost64.exe virus?: My antivirus avast marks ths file: C:/windows/system32/microsoft/libs/sihost64.exe as trojan and ijfected fileasking because its in system32 folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sihost64exe-virus/cbb55d6c-178e-40b3-b76d-2c85bdfbf6cc
  4. Is this .exe a virus ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this .exe a virus ?: [ATTACH] Hey everybody today i just navigate to the Win10 folder and there a .exe which names and do the same work as notepad. I don't have idea . Is there a notepad.exe in Win10 folder but according me the notepad.exe is present inside the Sys32 Folder, is this .exe a...
  5. What is Cats2.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Cats2.exe: W10 ver 1909 There is a small program on my system drive name Cats2.exe and I can find nothing pertinent about it on the web. I don't think I put it there and from what I can find makes me suspicious since it runs all the time. I wonder if anyone else has encountered this?...
  6. What is this snmpdm64.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this snmpdm64.exe: It’s a service that is suddenly running on my windows 10 Is there a way to check when it got installed or started It is in syswow64 directory Can’t seem To find anything about this exe online submitted by /u/thrvy5545 [link] [comments]...
  7. windows infected by a .exe virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows infected by a .exe virus: My windows is infected by an .exe virus which as turned mostly folders and files to .exe even the windows defender could stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-infected-by-a-exe-virus/54cd0c93-797f-42a9-9231-ee04bb83b675
  8. What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

in Windows 10 News
    What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a virus. The reason behind these inquiries is the paranoia created by fraud tech support companies [...] This post What is...
  9. exe virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    exe virus: help to remove that[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/exe-virus/585ba649-c702-41a6-81a8-af784896eb8d
  10. rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast: Hi, I have a big issue i have all the time a popup coming from Avast saying it has detected a virus in rundll32.exe It comes when i open explorer or when set volume. Now the worst is that i cant even setup the playback devices for my Audio, when i try to go to sound...