Windows 10: What is my computer REALLY doing in sleep?

Discus and support What is my computer REALLY doing in sleep? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I put my computer to sleep, I find that 5 minutes later it turns off. I looked in control panel power plan and I saw that the hard disk shuts off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by David Gordiienko, Jul 21, 2021.

1. What is my computer REALLY doing in sleep?

When I put my computer to sleep, I find that 5 minutes later it turns off. I looked in control panel power plan and I saw that the hard disk shuts off 5 minutes after my computer sleeps. So I wondered if I should change the setting so my computer could sleep longer. I wonder if that will fix my problem and if it is a smart choice.Also, when my computer sleeps, if there is a disc in the disc drive, it will turn on from time to time, spin the disc for a little bit, then go back to sleep. Why is it doing this, and is there anything I could do to prevent it? It keeps waking me up at night and is r

:)

David Gordiienko, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jul 21, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 21, 2021
  4. What is my computer REALLY doing in sleep?

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

What is my computer REALLY doing in sleep?

1. What is my computer REALLY doing in sleep? - Similar Threads - computer REALLY doing

2. what can i really do now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what can i really do now: Hi my name is horace randy holt. i have been goin through identtity theft and fraud also id say issues stemming from people fooling the system or authorities but mainly thermselves by sayingg they are helping people but seemingly themselves or sabatoging a person. i aint that...
  3. what can i really do now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what can i really do now: Hi my name is horace randy holt. i have been goin through identtity theft and fraud also id say issues stemming from people fooling the system or authorities but mainly thermselves by sayingg they are helping people but seemingly themselves or sabatoging a person. i aint that...
  4. is this really microsoft? What to do next when they gained access to your computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is this really microsoft? What to do next when they gained access to your computer?: Hello,i wonder if this chat url is legit from microsoft:https://widget.rave.office.netI m clueless about what to do next? i reinstalled the operating system many times but it is always not working ok,Sounds great to leave customers like that,best regards,arn...
  5. WANT TO KNOW WHAT MICROSOFT IS REALLY DOING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WANT TO KNOW WHAT MICROSOFT IS REALLY DOING: I'm so mad I could spit nails......For over 2 weeks I had thought I had hackers or developers in my system. But it was MICROSOFT AND THEIR MINNIONS making my hard drive a virtual drive. TOOK my API keys and made five MDM accounts and used my computer to make phone calls....
  6. What is waking my computer from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is waking my computer from sleep?: I put my windows 10 desktop computer to sleep or hibernation and without touching the mouse or keyboard after a while (not sure about the time interval) I find it running. How can I check what wake him up? I do have WOL activated but not using it (not me at least :)...
  7. What's my computer doing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's my computer doing?: If my computer is idle for even a minute I can hear the drive working - as a read/write cycle is taking place - and stops the moment I move the mouse . It almost feels like I'm catching someone with their hand in the cookie jar. [ATTACH] This happens regardless of what...
  8. computer in a really deep sleep - cannot wakeup easily

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer in a really deep sleep - cannot wakeup easily: When I leave browser windows open or programs open and come back later, like next day, the computer seems frozen or really asleep and I cannot get anything going for a long time. I have the sleep settings on 'never'....
  9. What Does UEFI Boot Really Do For My PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What Does UEFI Boot Really Do For My PC: Is there really any advantage to having a UEFI partition on my hard drive if I have a gamer PC, does it increase or decrease boot time, does it increae security or should I just use the normal 2 partition for windows 10 ??? 47210
  10. Windows-10 Standby: PC is not Really Sleeping. What's it Doing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows-10 Standby: PC is not Really Sleeping. What's it Doing?: I have the "CPU Meter" gadget on my Windows 10 desktop. When I shake the mouse to wake the PC up from Standby, the multiple CPU spikes tells me that the computer was really active all the time. Not in a TRUE standby mode, like it used to be with Windows-7. Does anyone...