Windows 10: What is my current Windows password? I have written my password but the system keeps...

Discus and support What is my current Windows password? I have written my password but the system keeps... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been asked to give my current Windows password. I have written my password but the system keeps rejecting it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JOHNANING, Jul 7, 2020.

1. JOHNANING Win User

What is my current Windows password? I have written my password but the system keeps...

I have been asked to give my current Windows password. I have written my password but the system keeps rejecting it.

:)

JOHNANING, Jul 7, 2020

2. I have Windows 10 and I suddenly have to put in my Microsoft password to get into my computer! How do I bypass this?

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 7, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

4. Bastet Win User

What is my current Windows password? I have written my password but the system keeps...

System Image Restore Is Not Recognizing My Password

Although I do have 2-step verification I don't think it was the problem as I have been able to do a system restore in the past with it enabled. I also tried logging into my account on the pc with the password & that failed too. I was certainly careful in entering the password. After changing the password all was fine so I don't know whether something got messed up with the original password change or what else may have caused it.

Bastet, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. What is my current Windows password? I have written my password but the system keeps... - Similar Threads - current password written

2. What is My WINDOWS Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is My WINDOWS Password: I have my Microsoft password. It works fine--I know it's correct. However, I recent Windows 11 upgrade virtually destroyed my laptop, With the help of someone here, I've spent the last six hours putting it back together. I have to set up a new account. I want to STRESS that...
  3. What is My WINDOWS Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is My WINDOWS Password: I have my Microsoft password. It works fine--I know it's correct. However, I recent Windows 11 upgrade virtually destroyed my laptop, With the help of someone here, I've spent the last six hours putting it back together. I have to set up a new account. I want to STRESS that...
  4. What is my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is my password?: I have lost my microsoft account password. How can I get it if I need it in the future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-password/6fd1fc47-682e-44c6-8090-12b20eb7a973
  5. What is my password?

What is my password?: I have lost my microsoft account password. How can I get it if I need it in the future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-password/6fd1fc47-682e-44c6-8090-12b20eb7a973
  6. What is my password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I forgot my current windows password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my current windows password: I recently updated my windows 7 to windows 10 ... and whats the biggest mistake is I forgot my windows passwordI tried all the passwords that I used for ms account , but it didnt help please help me if you know how to recover or change the current windows password...
  8. Lost my written password for my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost my written password for my computer.: I lost my written password for my computer. Can I recover it? Or an I reset it somehow, and get a a replacement password? At this time I rely on my picture option alone to log in to my computer....
  9. what is my window password?????

what is my window password?????: Hi my name is TIhanna I am have trouble figering out my windows current password I have no Idea of what it is I tryed all my passwords but didn't work . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-window-password/b007c329-b847-41a1-9a8f-7899520696ac
  10. forgotten my current password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgotten my current password: hi when i try to change my pc to MS log in it asks for my current account password but is not accepting it, what am i doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-my-current-password/2efd0ef0-c4bf-44d8-a22e-9db49bea34e7"