Windows 10: What is my logon name when a workstation logs onto my Win10 computer?

Discus and support What is my logon name when a workstation logs onto my Win10 computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Professional that is part of WORKGROUP. When I log onto the computer, my full name comes comes and I enter my password (or use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rtcary, Mar 3, 2020.

1. rtcary Win User

What is my logon name when a workstation logs onto my Win10 computer?

I have a Windows 10 Professional that is part of WORKGROUP. When I log onto the computer, my full name comes comes and I enter my password (or use the four digit logon). I am the only user as well as administrator.

Here is where the question arises: if I want to sign onto my computer from another computer on the WORKGROUP, I need to use my first name and the password for my Microsoft logon - and I only discovered this by trying many combinations.

So, where might I find these credentials? And is there a place where I can read about this part of the security?

Many thanks...

\rtc

:)

rtcary, Mar 3, 2020

2. Automatic logon does not work on my computer

a) I am unable to remember one of the logons which I setup as an emergency logon (in case I forget the other logon).

-> When logged on under an admin account, you can change the password for any other account. Press the Windows key and type users, then follow the prompts.

b) I am unable to long [log on?] without keying in a password.

You must follow this procedure while the user accounts panel (the one you posted) is active:

• Tick the box that requires users to enter a password.
    • Click the account name under which you wish to log on automatically.
    • Untick the box from Step 1.
    • Click OK.
    • Enter the password for the chosen account.

Frederik Long, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Techie_DD Win User
    Windows 10 workstation Security log filling with Event ID 4703

My Windows 10 workstation's Security Event Log is filled with informational Event ID 4703 (like 20/second).

It's an Audit Success on Authorization Policy Change category.

Pretty much all are about the javaw.exe process & SeSecurityPrivilege. But also a few of them list svchost.exe as the process & a whole list of privileges.

I can't find anything on the Net about event 4703.

Sometimes it lists the privilege as Disabled (as below), and some are Enabled. Back & forth, multiple events per second.

Does anyone have any idea what/why this is, or anyone else experiencing it?

Here are the details of the event (edited for privacy)...

Task Category: Authorization Policy Change

Level: Information

Keywords: Audit Success

User: N/A

Computer: xxxxx.yyyy.com

Description:

A user right was adjusted.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: XXXXXX

Account Domain: YYYYYYYY

Logon ID: 0x3E7

Target Account:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: XXXXXXX

Account Domain: YYYYYYYYY

Logon ID: 0x3E7

Process Information:

Process ID: 0xb24

Process Name: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ContegoSPOP\jre1.7.0_65\bin\javaw.exe

Enabled Privileges:

-

Disabled Privileges:

SeSecurityPrivilege

Techie_DD, Mar 3, 2020
  4. What is my logon name when a workstation logs onto my Win10 computer?

logon name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are you using Microsoft account or local account?

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps:

If you are using local account then follow these steps and check if that helps:

a. Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel.

b. Select User Account

c. Under Make changes to your user account, click on
    Change your account name

If you are using Microsoft account then follow the given link:

Refer to the link:
    Sign in to your Microsoft account

I would also suggest you to refer to the steps to protect your pc that makes users to must enter password to use computer.

a. Press Windows+R key on the keyboard.

b. Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

c. under user tab place a check mark which say
    user must enter user name and password to use this computer.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

What is my logon name when a workstation logs onto my Win10 computer?

1. What is my logon name when a workstation logs onto my Win10 computer? - Similar Threads - logon name workstation

2. I forgot my password to log onto my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to log onto my computer: I forgot my password to log onto my computer. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-log-onto-my-computer/0f9629af-c6ee-4651-8f1e-2d29dedee6b8
  3. I forgot my password to log onto my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password to log onto my computer: I forgot my password to log onto my computer. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-log-onto-my-computer/0f9629af-c6ee-4651-8f1e-2d29dedee6b8
  4. I think somebody logged onto my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think somebody logged onto my computer: I think somebody tried to get into my computer, noticed my apps look kind of weird and there are some tabs that I did not even openAnything I can do to find out who did? Any apps I can download to prevent it from happening again?...
  5. I think somebody logged onto my computer

I think somebody logged onto my computer: I think somebody tried to get into my computer, noticed my apps look kind of weird and there are some tabs that I did not even openAnything I can do to find out who did? Any apps I can download to prevent it from happening again?...
  6. Cant log onto my account from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log onto my account from my computer: so i got my harddrive replaced and had to reinstall all my programs, and re-log into my desktop to connect my account again, but it doesn't accept my password? it accepts the one time use code, the internet is fine, i changed my password throught the website twice and it was...
  7. Cant log onto my account from my computer

Cant log onto my account from my computer: so i got my harddrive replaced and had to reinstall all my programs, and re-log into my desktop to connect my account again, but it doesn't accept my password? it accepts the one time use code, the internet is fine, i changed my password throught the website twice and it was...
  8. log onto computer failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    log onto computer failure: I had two people that were able to log into this computer. Now only one can log in. condition: user no.1 can log in user no2 cannot log in anymore. With user no1 logged in I click on " other user" and try to log in with user no.2 User no.2 can not login in. User no 2...
  9. Logging onto my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging onto my computer: After updating windows 10, when I TRY TO LOG ONTO MY COMPUTER I get message that user profile cannot be loaded. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-onto-my-computer/c57b0b4e-5e59-4952-8492-45d33d4d1717
  10. UNABLE access my profile when logging onto my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UNABLE access my profile when logging onto my computer: i quite often leave my computer to sleep. At some point my computer shut down. since then when i open my computer and it asks for my password for my profile account it logs on to a temporary one. If i type the wrong password it tells me so i know my password is correct. I...