Windows 10: What is "MY Office"?

Discus and support What is "MY Office"? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm not sure if you do have the same problem. I specifically noticed My Office because it appeared in the Recently added list which is at the top of... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Sidecar Bob, Nov 22, 2017.

1. What is "MY Office"?

I'm not sure if you do have the same problem. I specifically noticed My Office because it appeared in the Recently added list which is at the top of the App list, right above the part in your pic. Is the program you have highlighted in your pic the same as My Office in your language? Did it appear without warning after a Windows upgrade?

I specifically wanted to know if this was 1) malware, 2) something important or 3) irritating garbage that I could uninstall. It was annoying garbage so I right clicked it and selected Uninstall. If you actually do have the same problem (unwanted software installed without your consent by Microsoft) you can do the same. If your problem is different you should start a new thread to ask about it.

Sidecar Bob, Dec 24, 2017

2. Versioin 1709 I also have My Office.

It appears to be on my system a offer from Microsoft to buy Office or a Office Trial version from Microsoft.

I didn't put it there, so I'm presuming it came with 1709.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 24, 2017
  3. We figured that out last month. If you don't want it just uninstall it.

4. What is "MY Office"?

Well I didn't have Window 10 last month, so I'm a late comer.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 24, 2017
  5. If you had read page 1 of this thread you would have known...

6. Have a nice day Bob.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 25, 2017
  7. Sorry if I was a bit short. I've been going to physio for a few weeks to deal with a torn rotator cuff and a sprained knee, doing my exercises faithfully and seeing good improvement. We had to leave a family gathering yesterday because my wife got called into work to replace someone that had to go to the hospital. I figured I'd make the best of it and spend the day in the garage putting the new "snow tire" on the back wheel of my sidecar outfit before the snow got much deeper while I let her sleep. I reached to take a tool off the wall, turned around, lost my balance and came down hard on my bad leg so I'm not exactly in thee best mood today.

Merry Christmas and good luck dealing with the uninvited crap MS foists on you *Party

Sidecar Bob, Dec 25, 2017
  8. Wynona Win User

What is "MY Office"?

Actually, Sidecar Bob, if the thread had been marked solved last month, Layback Bear wouldn't have responded to it. However, since it wasn't marked as solved, it's a natural conclusion that the discussion is ongoing.

My mama always told me I could get more flies with honey than I could with vinegar. Why I would want any flies, I have to this day not figured out. *Tongue Out

Wynona, Dec 26, 2017
  9. I'm pretty sure I did mark it as Solved back when I uninstalled My Office. It is certainly marked that way now and all the notification emails I received about the thread in the last couple of days said it was.

Sidecar Bob, Dec 26, 2017
  10. Wynona Win User
    Yep, Jack, same here. I have the Insider Version of Office 365 2016 Pro Plus. My Office popped up with MyOffice too. As well, with every new Build, I have Get Office in my Start Menu. Since I get O365 from a separate download link, and Get Office had disappeared, I thought MS had finally figured it out, but probably not, since . . .

I'm getting ready for a clean install on this desktop, so I decided to click on it. What I saw was a blatant advertisement trying to give me a free trial of what I already have. I've been a subscriber for several years; however, my Insider Version isn't what a normal subscriber gets, so I guess MS can't tell I already have it. *What

Wynona, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is "MY Office"?

1. What is "MY Office"? - Similar Threads - Office

2. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.: I bought my dad office home and student but he already has an office subscription. I traveled to Oklahoma for his 92nd birthday to set up his new computer system which I purchase from Best Buy. I was not told when I ordered the computer that I could not return the Office...
  3. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.: I bought my dad office home and student but he already has an office subscription. I traveled to Oklahoma for his 92nd birthday to set up his new computer system which I purchase from Best Buy. I was not told when I ordered the computer that I could not return the Office...
  4. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows and MS Office activation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and MS Office activation problem: After installing the latest update, my Windows 11 is showing a notification to activate it. I have tried troubleshooting, but it has not resolved the issue. Additionally, my Microsoft Office keeps crashing repeatedly. I attempted to reinstall it, but it still does not work....
  6. Windows and MS Office activation problem

Windows and MS Office activation problem: After installing the latest update, my Windows 11 is showing a notification to activate it. I have tried troubleshooting, but it has not resolved the issue. Additionally, my Microsoft Office keeps crashing repeatedly. I attempted to reinstall it, but it still does not work....
  7. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  8. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  9. Ultra Office drawing. How can I cut/delete portions of a circle, needing specific sections...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ultra Office drawing. How can I cut/delete portions of a circle, needing specific sections...: Have created a circle but now need specific sections deleted say from 1:00 to 2:00 and 6:00 to 8:00. How can I go about doing this without using "arc" or covering over parts of the circle? Arc is hard to figure out how to use......
  10. Ultra Office drawing. How can I cut/delete portions of a circle, needing specific sections...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultra Office drawing. How can I cut/delete portions of a circle, needing specific sections...: Have created a circle but now need specific sections deleted say from 1:00 to 2:00 and 6:00 to 8:00. How can I go about doing this without using "arc" or covering over parts of the circle? Arc is hard to figure out how to use......