Windows 10: What Is My PIN?

Discus and support What Is My PIN? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I never KNOWINGLY created a Microsoft account, so I don't have all the password, PIN, etc. data to access my supposed account. Might a Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Carl LaFong Tucson, Dec 12, 2019.

1. What Is My PIN?

I never KNOWINGLY created a Microsoft account, so I don't have all the password, PIN, etc. data to access my supposed account. Might a Microsoft account for me/purchaser come pre-installed on the Dell I bought back in February? For what it's worth, I changed a mystery password today to one I now know and can access my Microsoft account now. The problem is I tried to access one of my account's features but was prevented from doing so because I don't have or don't know my mystery PIN. All my attempts to change/create a PIN have met with failure. Can anyone help me to unlock the Gordian Knot of PIN creating/changing? TIA

:)

Carl LaFong Tucson, Dec 12, 2019
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Dec 12, 2019
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 12, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

What Is My PIN?

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Thanks Josey Wales,

I can pin and unpin People contacts to the taskbar without problems, but these contacts will still show up on the "Pin suggested" list. It's this list I want to clear, because some contacts or double and some are dummy contacts. It's not that big of a deal, but it's rather annoying to have them suggested to me.

JayPhi, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

What Is My PIN?

1. What Is My PIN? - Similar Threads - PIN

2. Windows10 startup demands I set up PIN, which I already have

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows10 startup demands I set up PIN, which I already have: I'm having a new problem with Windows10 since a recent update. When I logon to my PC, instead of showing an empty PIN field and asking for my PIN, it acts as if I don't have one and asks for my Microsoft password. Then it tells me to create a new PIN. At this point, there...
  3. Pin input doesn't appear during login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin input doesn't appear during login: Hello there! I have a PC running the newest version of Wn10. Yesterday I booted it up as every other day, but the input field where I usually type my pin code isn't showing up: there is a screen with a blurred background and three icons on the bottom right corner of the...
  4. Changing pin for Microsoft account and or log in to computer

Changing pin for Microsoft account and or log in to computer: When I got my laptop it allowed me to set a lock on my opening screen with a PIN number. Now I want to change my PIN to unlock the screen and I can find no way to do it. It is the same as when I log into my Microsoft account online. I use Windows 10 on an HP computer....
  5. Windows Hello PINs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello PINs: Has anyone found a successful balance of Windows Hello PINs in an enterprise environment? As I understand it, the PIN (which can include letters so they're really passwords) is local to a single computer. When tied to the TPM hardware, it can be used for a form of 2FA, as...
  6. PIN No Longer Available - How Hosed Is This?

PIN No Longer Available - How Hosed Is This?: My son's newly set up (as in a few days ago) laptop announced this morning that "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in security settings...." and prompts him to log in with his password instead. Apparently this is something that can happen if MS, in their wisdom,...
  7. Safe mode active airplane mode deactivated PIN access and I cannot refresh my password...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe mode active airplane mode deactivated PIN access and I cannot refresh my password...: Safe mode active airplane mode deactivated PIN access and I cannot refresh my password account because internet is deactivated[ATTACH] so consequently when changing my password it is not updated by windows and I cannot enter. I need to exit of safe mode before entering...
  8. Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN

Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN: I am running Windows 10 Home 1909 and a few months ago windows started acting up and asking for a new pin every other month. I went through a few threads, and all pointed to using thegroup policy editor - which I don't have in a home edition. Is there a way to change the pin...
  9. change hello pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change hello pin: Hello, I have install skype for business for a work meeting but on my home PC. Apparently now I am part of an "organization" and I had to change my hello PIN with more characters originally 4 digit. Now I want to make it back to what it was but I cant. I restored my...
  10. How to open pinned items in a new tab in Windows Taskbar

How to open pinned items in a new tab in Windows Taskbar: Conventionally, the internet consists of posts that prevent this behavior. But I want to design my workspace such that the pinned items will be separate from the open windows. Does anyone know how to achieve this? submitted by /u/prashanth360 [link] [comments]...