Windows 10: What is my w11 file explorer version?

Discus and support What is my w11 file explorer version? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The question "What is my w11 file explorer version?" generates lots of results but none for w11 file explorer version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by c9637m, Sep 29, 2022.

1. c9637m Win User

What is my w11 file explorer version?

The question "What is my w11 file explorer version?" generates lots of results but none for w11 file explorer version.

:)

c9637m, Sep 29, 2022

2. Opening a new File Explorer Window in W11

Hi

In W10, I can open a new File Explorer window by hitting File -> Open New Window.

In W11 there appear to be no equivalent option under the "New" menu; to open a new Explorer window you need to either use the keyboard shortcut or right click on the start panel icon; this is cumbersome in desktop mode and even worse in tablet "mode" (I know that in W11 "tablet mode" is not right); I noticed because I have a Surface.

So the issue is: if I am right and I have not overlooked something obvious, will the folks at Microsoft add an item to the "New" menu?

All the best

Marco

MarcoAntoniotti, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

1. What is my w11 file explorer version? - Similar Threads - w11 file explorer

2. W11 File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 File Explorer?: I have a new PC with W11 Pro installed. I've loaded a few programs, but now I notice that if I click the file explorer icon on the bottom task bar after switch on, the screen blinks, the task bar disappears and reappears, but no file explorer window appears. The same thing...
  3. W11 File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 File Explorer?: I have a new PC with W11 Pro installed. I've loaded a few programs, but now I notice that if I click the file explorer icon on the bottom task bar after switch on, the screen blinks, the task bar disappears and reappears, but no file explorer window appears. The same thing...
  4. Assistance with File Explorer W11 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance with File Explorer W11 22h2: Good morning. I am a Windows user from the inception of Windows. I've always quickly adapted to the next version. The File Explorer directory structure has me very confused. I've inserted a screenshot of my current directory structure. Would someone be able to assist me,...
  5. Assistance with File Explorer W11 22h2

Assistance with File Explorer W11 22h2: Good morning. I am a Windows user from the inception of Windows. I've always quickly adapted to the next version. The File Explorer directory structure has me very confused. I've inserted a screenshot of my current directory structure. Would someone be able to assist me,...
  6. What is my w11 file explorer version?

What is my w11 file explorer version?: The question "What is my w11 file explorer version?" generates lots of results but none for w11 file explorer version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-w11-file-explorer-version/75e213e3-7ada-4c9f-9ad9-24cb3f5ee515
  7. Opening a new File Explorer Window in W11

Opening a new File Explorer Window in W11: HiIn W10, I can open a new File Explorer window by hitting File -> Open New Window.In W11 there appear to be no equivalent option under the "New" menu; to open a new Explorer window you need to either use the keyboard shortcut or right click on the start panel icon; this is...
  8. Opening a new File Explorer Window in W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening a new File Explorer Window in W11: HiIn W10, I can open a new File Explorer window by hitting File -> Open New Window.In W11 there appear to be no equivalent option under the "New" menu; to open a new Explorer window you need to either use the keyboard shortcut or right click on the start panel icon; this is...
  9. What is my Windows File Explorer doing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is my Windows File Explorer doing?: https://puu.sh/Ew5Dp/ae09225e53.gif What is going on here? I don't understand what suddenly decided to make my PC brick itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-windows-file-explorer-doing/9f4611df-58db-4920-ab25-1abdb4749929
  10. Different File Explorer version?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different File Explorer version?: My laptop's File Explorer changed to what seems to be a different version of the program: [ATTACH] Without turning dark theme on, only ones with a sharp eye could see how the title bar design is different than the usual one. This version also has issues displaying dark...