Windows 10: What is needed for MSFT onedrive on 2 computers

Discus and support What is needed for MSFT onedrive on 2 computers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I almost installed onedrive premium so that I can exchange info between my desktop and laptop where I need the extra storage to a TB. then I see that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lbeck, Mar 2, 2017.

1. lbeck Win User

What is needed for MSFT onedrive on 2 computers

I almost installed onedrive premium so that I can exchange info between my desktop and laptop where I need the extra storage to a TB. then I see that the $70/yr is for one computer only.

Do I need to buy two subscriptions ($140) to allow dual access to the MSFT cloud?

Thanks

:)

lbeck, Mar 2, 2017
  2. Hardik V. Win User

Sync Error || OneDrive & OneNote

I guess we are not the only a few who are affected with this error from MSFT's end. MSFT will have to resolve it ASAP as life without OneNote and OneDrive is incomplete.

Hope MSFT is listening.

Hardik V., Mar 2, 2017
  3. gegjr Win User
    what add on is needed for Internet Explorer to open the Micrsosoft Update Catalog

I'm looking for what add-on I need for IE11 to open the Microsoft Update Catalog?

gegjr, Mar 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You should be able to access the onedrive storage from any number of computers. The 1 computer limitation is for Office 365.

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2017
  5. lbeck Win User
    I have Office 2013 installed on my desktop only (one computer). Can I upgrade to the 1TB onedrive cloud storage w/o purchasing Office 365?

lbeck, Mar 2, 2017
  6. pparks1 Win User
    The $70 a year price provides you with 1 copy of Microsoft office which you can install. It also provides you with 1TB of OneDrive storage space.

You can setup OneDrive on 25 different computers if you want. They can all share that OneDrive 1TB of disk space. So, to have access to your 1TB on both your desktop and laptop the answer to your question is "No, you don't need to buy 2 copies".

If you bought the $99 Office 365 subscription, you can get 5 installs of Office and each of 5 users gets 1TB of disk space. So with that, you get 5GB of total space if you utilize all 5 accounts.

pparks1, Mar 3, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    Plankton, Mar 3, 2017
  8. lbeck Win User

Okay. I have too many annual subscriptions to software where annual improvements are minimal. But I do have a current need for 1 TB cloud capacity.

I'm going to buy the Office 365 premium for $70 for one year, irrespective of the answer to my bottom line question, but where I install it depends on how portable my Office 2013 serial number is.

My bottom line question is this: Is my Office 2013 serial number purchased from Amazon perpetually available to install/reinstall Office 2013 on any one computer that I wish? Can I

• uninstall 2013 and install Office 365 on my desktop and
    • install my one-computer 2013 license USING THE UNINSTALLED SERIAL NUMBER on my laptop. Then maybe reverse direction at some future date to reinstall 2013 on my desktop USING THE SAME SERIAL NUMBER?
    Reasoning
    Without comments to the contrary, I don't see much difference from the Office 2013 for which I have a perpetual license (on my desktop) to Office 365. I have Office 2000 installed from CDs that I own on my occasionally used laptop (yes, I know that this is 2017). The only difference that I have found for my purposes is that I need to save desktop files to *.XLS or *.doc if I want to use them on my laptop.

The 2013 desktop perpetual license was purchased online where I got a serial number for the installation. So I'm thinking that I should purchase the yearly subscription for my laptop. Maybe installing Office 365 on my desktop may somehow invalidate or make obsolete my serial number for Office 2013, necessitating that I continue my annual $70 to keep my desktop non-archaic Office active. I can always go back to 2000 CDs on my laptop since there is no interaction with MSFT Office police online.

lbeck, Mar 4, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can move the Office 2013. When you go to activate it you might have to call the Microsoft Activation phone number.

NavyLCDR, Mar 4, 2017
  10. lbeck Win User
    Thanks. This completes my search for information on this. I'll order my Office 365/1TB tomorrow.

lbeck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What is needed for MSFT onedrive on 2 computers - Similar Threads - needed MSFT onedrive

2. OneDrive or 2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive or 2?: I have a Windows10 laptop with 2 users, one called Admin and the other called MyUser. Admin's OneDrive is hardly ever used and I haven't changed it in any way for the last year or so. It's not corrupted.MyUser's OneDrive, however, is cluttered with angry red crosses, tens of...
  3. OneDrive or 2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive or 2?: I have a Windows10 laptop with 2 users, one called Admin and the other called MyUser. Admin's OneDrive is hardly ever used and I haven't changed it in any way for the last year or so. It's not corrupted.MyUser's OneDrive, however, is cluttered with angry red crosses, tens of...
  4. OneDrive or 2?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What is the credit card charge for : msft-e0100nykz5msbill.infowa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the credit card charge for : msft-e0100nykz5msbill.infowa: What is the credit card charge for : msft-e0100nykz5msbill.infowa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-credit-card-charge-for-msft/e19b9926-717e-4ca5-bb53-61141d87c6a5
  6. What is the credit card charge for : msft-e0100nykz5msbill.infowa

What is the credit card charge for : msft-e0100nykz5msbill.infowa: What is the credit card charge for : msft-e0100nykz5msbill.infowa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-credit-card-charge-for-msft/e19b9926-717e-4ca5-bb53-61141d87c6a5
  7. What the hey? Both MSFT Tech Support are perplexed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the hey? Both MSFT Tech Support are perplexed!: No one here knows exactly what happened. MICROSOFT SUPPORT TEAM CAN CONFIRM THAT MY OS KEY AND ALL ARE VALID - WINDOWS 10 PRO - OEMBecause Windows 10 All Versions will sunset I think 2025 ?... I've been upgrading this PC tower to enable TM had to buy a new Mobo and processor...
  8. What the hey? Both MSFT Tech Support are perplexed!

What the hey? Both MSFT Tech Support are perplexed!: No one here knows exactly what happened. MICROSOFT SUPPORT TEAM CAN CONFIRM THAT MY OS KEY AND ALL ARE VALID - WINDOWS 10 PRO - OEMBecause Windows 10 All Versions will sunset I think 2025 ?... I've been upgrading this PC tower to enable TM had to buy a new Mobo and processor...
  9. OneDrive settings different in 2 computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive settings different in 2 computers?: I have two computers, both of which have Windows 10. Computer A is my main computer and there is plenty of room on the hard drive. On computer A, the files in my professional OneDrive are also stored locally. Computer B is my second computer and it has a smaller hard drive...
  10. Cannot sign in my msft online account or to onedrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot sign in my msft online account or to onedrive: I cannot log in to my microsoft online live,When I open onedrive it cannot sign inand here is what I am gettingRequest Id:bfe47ab3-93cc-4767-abcc-f460ef710e01Correlation Id:3743e1e8-28f7-4058-af3b-feed032eff0dTimestamp: 2021-05-03T11:43:16ZMessage: AADSTS165000: Invalid...