Windows 10: What is new for Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 version 1903

Discus and support What is new for Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 version 1903 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The next Windows update is coming soon and we’re bringing exciting new updates to WSL with it! These include accessing the Linux file system from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

What is new for Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 version 1903

Source: What Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

What is new for Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 version 1903 [​IMG]
    Tip How to Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux (Bash on Ubuntu) in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Feb 16, 2019

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2019
  4. roadryder Win User

can we get windows Linux subsystem in win10 HOME BASIC version for developer mode

I have the 64-bit home edition of Windows 10 (version 1511 build 10586.545) and I can't find the linux subsystem in the list for windows features after turning on developer mode either.

roadryder, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. What is new for Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 version 1903 - Similar Threads - Subsystem Linux version

2. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  4. What is new in Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 - Sept. 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 - Sept. 2020: This blog post highlights the WSL updates being made over the past few months, in addition to some sneak previews of our upcoming features and future plans. WSL 2 distro support is now available in Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909 An update on running Linux GUI apps in WSL...
  5. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows subsystem for Linux: Hi, I want to enable Windows subsystem for Linux for my Windows 10, x64 laptop. I have enabled the setting, but I am not able to install UBUNTU post that. Code: 0x80072EE2 Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thanks....
  6. Windows subsystem linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem linux: Why my WLS going down every two month? After that, subsystem make reset and i need configure it again? and this system make reset of all config without my asking. Where is my files, may be i have something important? where my profile, how can i recover it? When it will be...
  7. Windows Subsystem for Linux is missing in Windows 10 Home 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Subsystem for Linux is missing in Windows 10 Home 1903: I'm trying to activate Windows Subsystem for Linux but it seems that it is simply not present in my Windows copy. It doesn't show up in control panel. Running the command on PowerShell throws an error: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online...
  8. Linux Subsystem for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linux Subsystem for Windows: I wanted to install ubuntu on my windows but I keep getting this error. Any work around? thanks.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-subsystem-for-windows/813223fc-ff0a-410f-b761-efa28a1df384
  9. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem for Linux: I am getting the message " We couldn't complete the updates … undoing changes" when I restart the computer after enabling WSL in the "Programs and Features" settings. I am running windows 10 home ver 1803 installed on 05 Aug 2018 OS Build 17134.191 Due to this, I am unable...
  10. Windows Subsystem for Linux, will it run on all versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows Subsystem for Linux, will it run on all versions of windows 10: Windows Subsystem for Linux, will it run on all versions of windows 10? Or only the pro/enterprise versions? 57053

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 wsl2

2. windows 10 1903 linux

3. windows update 1903 linux subsystem

4. windows subsystem for linux 1903,
  5. windows 1903 linux,
  6. windows 1903 linux kernel,
  7. wslregisterdistribution failed with error,
  8. Windows Substem for Linux 1903 support,
  9. windows 10 1903 linux kernel,
  10. turn on linux kernel in windows 10 1903,
  11. windows 10 1903 wsl2,