Windows 10: What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If it’s been a minute since you’ve used Skype, there are several new features that have come out since the Windows 10 October 2018 Update: background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:27 PM.

1. Brink Win User

What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs

Source: Windows 10 Tip: What's new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs | Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Drone Win User

Windows 10 and Skype

And not only that but also:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will double the number of Start menu ads/promoted apps

Sure, all that stuff can be uninstalled but then again who needs more crapware

edit: without that W10 clean installation could've been much faster just like on ltsb version

clean out-of-box start menu on W10 ltsb

What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs windows-10-start-menu.png

Thema:

1. What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - Skype PCs

2. Skype Preview version 8.43.76.38 adds Contact Online Notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview version 8.43.76.38 adds Contact Online Notifications: Skype Insider Preview // Contact is Online Notifications Available on all platforms Version: 8.43.76.38 Good News! We have brought back online notifications! Now, when your contact comes online you will see a notification. You can opt in, or out, of the notification by...
  3. SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account: Hi, I have tried to connect via the WIN10 get help app and could not get a call-back or chat to a customer service rep today when I needed them. I have the following problem: 1. I have a HOME Microsoft account (O365 subscription) which is linked to (I must have linked...
  4. Skype Download Infected with virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Skype Download Infected with virus: For about three weeks I have been trying to install Skype on a Windows Laptop. Every time AVG picks up a virus (win32/heri) and the installation stops. Can anyone advise me? Thanks...
  5. Skype Preview version 8.43.76.38 Introduces Screen Sharing on Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview version 8.43.76.38 Introduces Screen Sharing on Mobile: Skype Preview // Introducing Screen Sharing on mobile Available on Android and iOS Version: 8.43.76.38 Your device is no longer a limitation on getting more done with Skype. With the latest Insider build, you can now share your screen on your Android or iOS device during a...
  6. Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype: I have problems with the microphone and speakers in my Skype application on my PC with windows 10. How would you solve this problem? Help me, please....
  7. Skype for Business desktop now available as web download app on Mac

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business desktop now available as web download app on Mac: As promised, we have rolled out the change to use Skype for Business desktop app on Mac as our web-downloadable meetings client instead of Skype Meetings App (SMA)! The change applies to meetings that are hosted on Skype for Business Online or on Skype for Business Server...
  8. voip vs skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    voip vs skype: between skype and voip, which one would give an even more economical pricing for someone who wants to make unlimited long distance international phone calls??? which one would be cheaper in the long run as far as unlimited long distance calls??? both use an internet...
  9. You can now call up to 50 people at once with Skype

in Windows 10 News
    You can now call up to 50 people at once with Skype: Starting today, Skype is doubling the amount of people that can simultaneously be on a video or audio group call. You can now call and have up to 50 people in a call, all at once. Whether you’re catching up with your friends, having a team status update, or a conference call...
  10. What’s new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs: Today, the new features we announced last month for the latest version of Skype for Windows 10 are beginning to roll out! Let’s take a look at what’s new. Grab a cup of coffee and catch up on what you’ve missed by clicking the bell icon to access your notification panel....