Windows 10: What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If it’s been a minute since you’ve used Skype, there are several new features that have come out since the Windows 10 October 2018 Update: background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs

Source: Windows 10 Tip: What's new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs | Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Apr 15, 2019
  2. dorsetknob, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 10 and Skype

And not only that but also:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will double the number of Start menu ads/promoted apps

Sure, all that stuff can be uninstalled but then again who needs more crapware

edit: without that W10 clean installation could've been much faster just like on ltsb version

clean out-of-box start menu on W10 ltsb

What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs windows-10-start-menu.png

Drone, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - Skype PCs

2. Skype SMS Connect will no longer be available after August 30, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Skype SMS Connect will no longer be available after August 30, 2019: After limited availability, we decided to remove SMS Connect functionality from Skype. SMS Connect will no longer be available after August 30th, 2019 but don't worry, you can still find all your individual SMS conversations with full history on your phone. If you want to...
  3. Connecting a apple device to your microsoft account with skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting a apple device to your microsoft account with skype: basically, i'm trying to play minecraft on a apple product with the windows 10 version. when i try to install it, it says i don't have any "applicable devices" ... so i tried to add a device to my microsoft account. one of the ways to add a apple device is with skype. so i...
  4. Strange Video issue with Skype Version 8.46.0.60

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Video issue with Skype Version 8.46.0.60: I had a landline call from my brother stating that he had an issue with audio on Skype. I called him on Skype and we could see each other, I could hear him but he could not hear me. I solved the audio for him as he had the wrong audio device enabled so I enabled the right...
  5. I'm trying to get the Microsoft (god forbid) version of Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to get the Microsoft (god forbid) version of Skype: friend's Windows 10 desktop computer. When we go to the download page it says Skype is already installed on his machine and won't initiate download. I have looked everywhere I can think of on his computer for Skype and it seems to only exist in the registry (in MANY places)...
  6. Skype automatic opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype automatic opening: How do I stop Skype automatically starting when I start Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-automatic-opening/0d31aa14-cdf2-4cd2-a6e8-1ca429f8bc66
  7. skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call: i've changed the windows setting in sounds>communications to do nothing but the problem persists. also reinstalled skype and it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-mutes-all-other-sounds-in-windows-when-in/91374aec-bfb8-4385-be1a-7b55bc02c008
  8. Trying to delete Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to delete Skype for Business: I have microsoft 10 and Skype for Business auto loads. I tried to unistall but program not listed in control panel. How can I delete since I don't use Skype?...
  9. LifeCam HD-3000, Windows 10 and Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LifeCam HD-3000, Windows 10 and Skype: Hi. I'm bought web-camera LifeCam HD-3000, but a page with drivers doesn't have driver for Win 10: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/ru-ru/d/lifecam-hd-3000 Driver for Win7 doesn't istall on Win10, because "this programm can't work on this OS", and compatibility mode...
  10. What’s new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs: Today, the new features we announced last month for the latest version of Skype for Windows 10 are beginning to roll out! Let’s take a look at what’s new. Grab a cup of coffee and catch up on what you’ve missed by clicking the bell icon to access your notification panel....