Windows 10: What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If it’s been a minute since you’ve used Skype, there are several new features that have come out since the Windows 10 October 2018 Update: background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs

Source: Windows 10 Tip: What's new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs | Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Apr 15, 2019
  2. dorsetknob, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 10 and Skype

And not only that but also:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will double the number of Start menu ads/promoted apps

Sure, all that stuff can be uninstalled but then again who needs more crapware

edit: without that W10 clean installation could've been much faster just like on ltsb version

clean out-of-box start menu on W10 ltsb

What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs windows-10-start-menu.png

Drone, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. What is new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - Skype PCs

2. Unable to load directory results says Skype on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to load directory results says Skype on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Skype is one crucial but sometimes, a bothersome application. While Microsoft has been bettering upon issues reported by Skype users all these years, some known problems remain unresolved. One such case is with the error – Unable to load directory [...] This...
  3. My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype.: My camera works in Messenger but not in Skype. Everything was working but a web app tried to use my camera to take a snapshot and since then the Skype webcam stopped working. Further info: Firefox V66.03 doesn't allow webcam access since the last few updates. Google...
  4. I cannot see myself on the camera with Skype

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot see myself on the camera with Skype: I made an update to Windows 10 and my Skype is failing I cannot see myself in the camera to make video calls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-see-myself-on-the-camera-with-skype/109a8fdf-c836-4670-aa1b-3c1a3567a022"
  5. Skype closes only unexpectedly

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype closes only unexpectedly: I open Skype and it closes only unexpectedly. What should I do to make Skype work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-closes-only-unexpectedly/eab07354-ee20-4866-9232-6bfbcfc1de9c"
  6. Skype can’t access Sound Card

in Windows 10 News
    Skype can’t access Sound Card: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Skype has been the premier video-calling application for Windows users. Video calling or voice calling needs a microphone, speaker & headphone, and this hardware then needs to communicate with the system and the Skype application. If either of these devices...
  7. Skype Preview version 8.43.76.38 adds Contact Online Notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview version 8.43.76.38 adds Contact Online Notifications: Skype Insider Preview // Contact is Online Notifications Available on all platforms Version: 8.43.76.38 Good News! We have brought back online notifications! Now, when your contact comes online you will see a notification. You can opt in, or out, of the notification by...
  8. SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account: Hi, I have tried to connect via the WIN10 get help app and could not get a call-back or chat to a customer service rep today when I needed them. I have the following problem: 1. I have a HOME Microsoft account (O365 subscription) which is linked to (I must have linked...
  9. Skype Download Infected with virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Skype Download Infected with virus: For about three weeks I have been trying to install Skype on a Windows Laptop. Every time AVG picks up a virus (win32/heri) and the installation stops. Can anyone advise me? Thanks...
  10. What’s new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Skype for Windows 10 PCs: Today, the new features we announced last month for the latest version of Skype for Windows 10 are beginning to roll out! Let’s take a look at what’s new. Grab a cup of coffee and catch up on what you’ve missed by clicking the bell icon to access your notification panel....