Windows 10: What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1

Discus and support What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Holographic, version 21H1 is now available! In this article, we showcase some of the release highlights, but if you’re interested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 11, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1

Windows Holographic, version 21H1 is now available! In this article, we showcase some of the release highlights, but if you’re interested in more details on the full list of features, you can read our official release notes.

Features continually evolve in Windows 10 Holographic based on your feedback. We packed this new update with features for both end-users and IT admins with the goal of making the day-to-day usage of your HoloLens 2 more intuitive and customizable.

What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1 large?v=v2&px=999.png

To get the 21H1 build now, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update Select > Check for updates. IT Admins can use Windows Update for Business (WUfB) and MDM policy to update their fleet of HoloLens. Note that you must upgrade to Windows Holographic, version 20H2 February Update ( before you can upgrade to Windows Holographic, version 21H1. Another important note is that with the introduction of Windows Holographic version 21H1, we are discontinuing monthly servicing updates (for bug and security fixes) for Windows Holographic version 1903. We will now offer servicing updates for the following releases:

• Windows Holographic, version 21H1 (Build 20346.1002+)
    • Windows Holographic, version 20H2 (Build 19041.1128+)
    • Windows Holographic, version 2004 (Build 19041.1103+)

Release highlights

The new, Chromium-based Microsoft Edge is now available and will be the default browser for HoloLens users, offering better compatibility for customers and less fragmentation for web developers. The addition of WebXR and 360 Viewer make it possible to explore immersive web experiences. You can also use the new Edge to install web apps alongside Microsoft Store apps. For example, you can install the Microsoft Office web app from https://www.office.com to view and edit files hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive.

What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1 medium?v=v2&px=400.gif

The Settings app has been updated to provide more granular control and customizability through additional settings. You can now search for specific settings and explore new options for Sound, Power & sleep, Network & Internet, Apps, Accounts, Ease of Access, and more. Some examples include selecting an alternative color profile for your HoloLens 2 display with the display color calibration tool, resetting default apps using the default app picker, and enabling Battery Saver Mode and Airplane Mode for your HoloLens 2.

What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1 429x382?v=v2.png

We are also adding a new interaction for the holographic keyboard by introducing ‘Swipe to type’, similar to your mobile device. You can pass your fingertip through the plane of the keyboard, create the shape of the word, and then withdraw your finger from the plane.

The new Power menu allows you to Sign out, Shut down and Restart your device from the Start menu by tapping the user profile icon. There will also be an indicator when there is a system update available.

What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1 medium?v=v2&px=400.png

What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1 medium?v=v2&px=400.png

For our customers that share a HoloLens 2 across several users, multiple user accounts will now be visible on the sign-in screen, quashing the need to constantly retype usernames and passwords to change users. Before this build, you would just see one user or the generic ‘Other User’.

What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1 346x417?v=v2.jpg

For IT admins, we continue to deliver features that enable seamless control and management of your devices. To highlight a few, Visitor Auto-logon for Kiosk mode will now be on by default for visitors but can be managed or turned off. Additionally, we improved error handling to help end-users get unblocked in case of a Kiosk mode failure. Instead of displaying an empty menu on startup if no Azure AD (Azure Active Directory) membership is found, a global kiosk configuration will be displayed (if available).

The Delivery Optimization Preview aims to reduce network bandwidth consumption for downloads from multiple HoloLens devices. Read Delivery Optimization for Windows 10 updates for more information on this feature.

Upgrade Today

As mentioned above, you can check out the full release notes on the HoloLens 2 release notes page. Update your HoloLens 2 devices so today to take advantage of the most recent features. If you are an IT administrator, we also created an IT Admin - Update Checklist to help you track and implement the features of this update.

Use the Feedback Hub app on your HoloLens to submit your feedback and report any issues. We love getting your feedback and take it all into consideration, so please keep it coming!

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...1/ba-p/2337067

:)

Brink, May 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 11, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10 version 21H1

Source: Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 | Windows Experience Blog

See also: KB5000736 Windows 10 Insider Beta Channel Build 19043.844 (21H1)

Brink, May 11, 2021
  4. What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1

Is the new HOLOGRAPHIC technology really HOLOGRAPHIC?

I just received the e-mail about Windows Holographic....

The subject sounds exciting. But when I view the preview video, it just looks like standard VR...

Being blind in one eye, I would be really excited about holographic technology. I am not so excited about technology that relies on binocular vision. Not only can I not see binocular vision, but neither can the rest of my family. There have a been
    a few times when they dragged me to the movie theatures with them for a 3-D movie. For me it is a miserable experience, as I am just wearing a crappy set of glasses over my normal glasses to watch a normal experience. However, for my family it is little
    better. They tell me they just notice one or two of the extreme 3-D effects, and the rest just appears like a normal movie.

It is not surprising since about 0.5% of the population is like me, and can't see out one eye. 10% have a lazy eye and cannot see binocular vision. A much larger percentage have astigmatism and other visual defects that greatly reduce the binocular vision
    effect.

Everyone though who can see with even one eye can see the 3-D effects of a holograph, even just just ordinary eye movements make the 3-D nature stand-out.

BillRiemers, May 11, 2021
Thema:

What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1

1. What is new in Windows 10 Holographic version 21H1 - Similar Threads - Holographic version 21H1

2. Windows 10, version 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, version 21H1: I updated with 21H1 on thursday and my personal email no longer works properly, it can send but not receive and this on my PC...though my laptop worked ok as prior to doing the update and now that is also affected after I updated today. My email works ok with my iPhone so the...
  3. Windows 10, version 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, version 21H1: I updated with 21H1 on thursday and my personal email no longer works properly, it can send but not receive and this on my PC...though my laptop worked ok as prior to doing the update and now that is also affected after I updated today. My email works ok with my iPhone so the...
  4. Windows 10, version 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updating to Windows 10 version 21h1

Updating to Windows 10 version 21h1: I have tried several times to update my laptop from version 1909 to 21h1. Every time I do it my laptop is rendered nearly useless. It runs sooooo slow its almost not able to be used. The last time I tried it it seemed fine for the first day or so but then it became...
  6. Windows 10 version 21H1 update

Windows 10 version 21H1 update: My windows upgrade installation is stuck at 96% even when I have a stable internet connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-21h1-update/b9d7b7b8-99ca-4caf-bbbd-25c290baa920
  7. Windows 10 version 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 version 21H1 update: My windows upgrade installation is stuck at 96% even when I have a stable internet connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-21h1-update/b9d7b7b8-99ca-4caf-bbbd-25c290baa920
  8. Windows 10 version 21H1

Windows 10 version 21H1: I am currently on Windows 10 v20H2 Build No. 19042.985.I want to know the download size of new feature update Windows 10 v21H1? Will it be large between 4-5 GB or medium less than 500 MB sized file?...
  9. What is new in Windows 10 version 21H1 for IT Pros

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Windows 10 version 21H1 for IT Pros: This article lists new and updated features and content that is of interest to IT Pros for Windows 10, version 21H1, also known as the Windows 10 May 2021 Update. This update also contains all features and fixes included in previous cumulative updates to Windows 10, version...
  10. windows 10: whats is in the new version?

windows 10: whats is in the new version?: whats is in the new version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/a8100fd7-d9fe-48bc-80b1-d8a05d3b2229