Windows 10: what is normal bios time?

Discus and support what is normal bios time? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; windows task manager says last BIOS time was 8.9 seconds Is this normal? windows 10 pro x64 SSD 8 gb ram i-5 skylake 43376 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shmu26, Mar 7, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

what is normal bios time?

windows task manager says last BIOS time was 8.9 seconds
    Is this normal?
    windows 10 pro x64
    SSD
    8 gb ram
    i-5 skylake

:)

shmu26, Mar 7, 2016
  2. hpholm Win User

lumia 1020. what is normal? what is not?

Thanks for the feedback to your first post, and please make another follow-up in a few weeks or months about your long term experience with the 1020 and how you sorted out various problems - and what is normal behavior.

If I ever get over my sentimental feelings with the Nokia N8 (it is still going strong so I hesitate to discard it!) and get a Lumia 1020, the first accessory will be the camera grip with its extra battery.

--

Hans

hpholm, Mar 7, 2016
  3. lumia 1020. what is normal? what is not?

Got my replacement phone today. MUCH smoother. I can now say wp8 is a great OS.i hope its just as smooth in six months.... One thing I don't understand is why these companies are hiding the batteries now? My HTC was the same way. Every other phone I've
    had in the past, I would buy extra batteries and put one in my wallet, glove box and diaper bag lol. That way I never had to worry about a dead phone. Now when I leave the house I have to pack my charger too.

Kristi1230, Mar 7, 2016
  4. brianzion Win User

hi there are a lot of factors for boot times I use a program called bootracer its really good and gives you comprehensive details with your machine and booting BootRacer

what is normal bios time? [​IMG]

brianzion, Mar 7, 2016
  5. shmu26 Win User
    okay, but we are talking about two different things. Bootracer starts counting with the windows boot, and I have 4 stars, which is good enough.
    But I am talking about the pre-boot, that's what is worrying me. I think 8.9 seconds is kind of long for BIOS time, and Bootracer doesn't measure that.
    Or perhaps I am making some mistake in my understanding of boot times?

shmu26, Mar 7, 2016
  6. brianzion Win User
    go to control panel > administrative tools > system configuration > click on the boot tab and see how many seconds you have in the timeout box

what is normal bios time? [​IMG]

brianzion, Mar 7, 2016
  7. shmu26 Win User
    I have it set for five seconds, but I click through to windows 10 right away, I don't wait around until it boots itself up.

shmu26, Mar 7, 2016
  8. brianzion Win User

so was it set at the default setting. I just looked at my bios start up in task manager and my last time was 20 seconds so I would think machines will be different on the bios start up.

brianzion, Mar 7, 2016
  9. shmu26 Win User
    thanks, so it sounds like I am well within the norm.

shmu26, Mar 7, 2016
  10. brianzion Win User
    yep it looks ok different bios for different machines start up times etc. *Wink

brianzion, Mar 7, 2016
  11. Mine is 3.6 seconds when I checked via task manager
    When checked on System Configuration it came up 0
    Which I am well pleased with on my Toshiba Laptop

hTconeM9user, Mar 7, 2016
  12. brianzion Win User
    I get different result's if i come out of hibernation its longer if I reboot from machine switched off its 5 secs

brianzion, Mar 7, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

What are your startup items? What peripheral do you have connected?
    Attachment 68275

14. shmu26 Win User
    startup: logitech wireless mouse drivers, windows sticky notes, bitdefender total security 2016.
    everything else is on bitdefender's delayed startup.

I have a boot menu to go through, where I have to choose between windows and macrium reflect recovery environment.

peripherals: HP printer, logitech wireless mouse, microsoft wireless keyboard.

I tried booting after a regular shut down (not restart) and I got 11 seconds BIOS time.
    I spoke this morning to ASUS about a BIOS problem -- I can't get into the BIOS menu, even after flashing to the current firmware version -- and they told me I probably have a hardware problem with the BIOS chip.
    I was wondering whether that impacted my startup time. Apparently, it does.

shmu26, Mar 7, 2016
  15. shmu26 Win User
    I disabled the boot menu, and it went down to 9 secs after a restart. Maybe that's not so bad, considering that I have to type in my user account pin.

shmu26, Mar 7, 2016
Thema:

1. what is normal bios time? - Similar Threads - normal bios

2. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  3. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  4. windows boots normally only if i open bios else it freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows boots normally only if i open bios else it freeze: my windows will only boot normally if I enter BIOS first and exit it without changes . if I don't do that windows will freeze on loading screen and wont make it to the login screen, I tried to reset BIOS settings to default by pressing f9 but nothing changes, why do I have to...
  5. windows boots normally only if i open bios else it freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows boots normally only if i open bios else it freeze: my windows will only boot normally if I enter BIOS first and exit it without changes . if I don't do that windows will freeze on loading screen and wont make it to the login screen, I tried to reset BIOS settings to default by pressing f9 but nothing changes, why do I have to...
  6. windows boots normally only if i open bios else it freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My laptop's Bios Screen keeps flickering from "This battery is preforming normally" to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop's Bios Screen keeps flickering from "This battery is preforming normally" to...: My computer has been dealing with a battery issue for about a year now. About 4 years ago it fell on its side a few feet, chipping the charger hole a bit. For a while, i was able to charge but only in certain positions, but after not using it for a while, It ended up not...
  8. Reset BIOS so that it first checks CD/DVD drives, & then boots normal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset BIOS so that it first checks CD/DVD drives, & then boots normal: All of a sudden my BIOS was not checking CD/DVD drives first, so that I couldn't put in a rescue disc. I tried to change this & ended up where I couldn't boot normally. I got a message to "press any key to boot from floppy". I have 2 CD/DVD drives & now I can't even see the...
  9. Is an automatic BIOS update on boot normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is an automatic BIOS update on boot normal?: Turned my computer on today and HP spent the next 15 minutes updating my BIOS. I was under the impression that this is something you should be careful doing. As in, 'back up all your data prior' careful. My security pin also ceased to work afterwards and had to be reset. Are...
  10. Every time at startup Bios starts, then normally Windows?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Every time at startup Bios starts, then normally Windows?: Whenever I start my pc the message "CPU Fan Error" appears, I have an aio water cooling and it runs as it should, then I press F1 to enter the bios and then on "discard Changes & Exit". Then Windows starts normally. This is the only way I can get the pc up and running... who...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. normal bios time