Windows 10: What is Nvidia "span displays with surround" option

Discus and support What is Nvidia "span displays with surround" option in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I found this "surround" configuration screen in the Nvidia control panel. So I switched it on. So whazzup with that. I went from having the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by margrave55, Jun 9, 2017.

1. What is Nvidia "span displays with surround" option

I found this "surround" configuration screen in the Nvidia control panel. So I switched it on.

So whazzup with that.
    I went from having the desktop spread across two screens ...
    ... to having the desktop spread across two screens.

Am I missing something?

:)

margrave55, Jun 9, 2017
  2. corb06 Win User

Windows 10 + Eyefinity = start menu error

Ok! Good to know that Nvidia Surround has the same issue as Eyefinity.

I am currently in an email conversation with AMD support. But so far its just general instructions like reinstall drivers haha. Hopefully I will get somewhere with support as soon as we have passed all the basic questions.

corb06, Jun 9, 2017
  3. Windows 10 full screen across multiple monitors

I have an Nvidia Video card and the fix was made by changing settings in the Nvidia Control Panel

In the Nvidia Control Panel, Under 3D Settings / Configure Surround , Physics there is an option for "Span displays with surround" which must be enabled. It will require you close all widows to make the final changes. You may also need to restart the PC.

The result i now have has the best of both worlds - Draging windows to the edge of the desktop will make them full screen in just that specific monitor and frame less applications like games and Youtube (fullscreen) now go full screen across all 3 monitors.

adriandiehm, Jun 9, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

What is Nvidia "span displays with surround" option

If i'm not mistaken, the feature switches between 2 desktops on 2 monitors and 1 desktop on 2 monitors (or however many you have). The idea is that a single app can run in one window that crosses both screens. Normally, an app is limited to a maximum size of one screen.

This is useful for games like racing games, or 3D shooters to give you a more "surround" experience.

The way to tell for sure would be to see if there's one single taskbar that stretches across both screens, or if there are two taskbars, each with their own start menu and taskbar icons.

This YouTube video should give you some insight. How to Set Up Nvidia Surround With 3 Monitors 5760x1080 Resolution - YouTube

Mystere, Jun 9, 2017
  5. My apps already span both screens.
    This is especially useful with spreadsheets that have many columns.
    But I've been able to do that for years, and without "surround".
    So I'm still puzzled.

margrave55, Jun 9, 2017
  6. From the website:

Looks like it's mainly aimed at people with 3 or more displays that want to utilize G-Sync or 3DVision.

blackroseMD1, Jun 9, 2017
  7. batlhilz Win User
    surround enables utilization and better GPU usage for multimonitor gaming. it also enables some different functions for the games. if youre up for gaming or multitasking with touchscreens etc, theres really no need for you to use surround *Smile

batlhilz, Jun 11, 2017
  8. What is Nvidia "span displays with surround" option

Turn it on and Windows thinks your multiple monitors are just one really big, really wide monitor. Sort of kind of works for me. My two identical 1280 x 1024 4/3 monitors become one 2560 x 1024 monitor, but my center wide screen 1080p monitor gets disabled. It appears all monitors have to have the same resolution for it to work.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is Nvidia "span displays with surround" option

1. What is Nvidia "span displays with surround" option - Similar Threads - Nvidia span displays

2. What is NVIDIA Display 31.0.15.2802 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is NVIDIA Display 31.0.15.2802 update?: Hello everyone,I have the lastest and most update manufacturer nvidia driver, but windows wants to install this update. Can anyone explain to me what it is before I install it?...
  3. What is NVIDIA Display 31.0.15.2802 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is NVIDIA Display 31.0.15.2802 update?: Hello everyone,I have the lastest and most update manufacturer nvidia driver, but windows wants to install this update. Can anyone explain to me what it is before I install it?...
  4. Memory XMP and Nvidia Surround On - Can't get POST

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory XMP and Nvidia Surround On - Can't get POST: Built a triple screen setup with AOC Agon 31.5 inch monitors (1ms 165hz). My PC specs: i7 7700k processor, 1 stick of RAM Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3000Mhz (at the A2 slot in mobo), GTX 1080Ti, Asus Maximus Hero IX motherboard, Corsair 850w psu. Windows 10 Pro legit fully...
  5. 7.1 surround sound option

7.1 surround sound option: I was checking some stuff after getting a new headset and noticed that the sound was set to stereo instead of dolby. And there was no 7.1 surround sound option like before. Had been a while since I looked a this stuff. Does not work with the 7.1 surround sound headset or 7.1...
  6. No 7.1 Surround Option in my Pc.

No 7.1 Surround Option in my Pc.: I have ALC 887 and i dont have 7.1 option just 5.1. ALC 887 Supports 7.1 so How Can I fix this? If this is a wrong Subreddit please forward me to the Correct one please. submitted by /u/CansiSteak [link] [comments]...
  7. No 5.1 Surround Option After update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No 5.1 Surround Option After update: Hello everyone, I have abrand new HTPC that I put together, with an nVIDIA GTX 1660 for picture and sound. Recently I noticed that I no longer have the option for 5.1 or 7.1 available, both are greyed out. I dont even have the 24 bit 96000 hz option available...
  8. nvidia display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvidia display: connected my nvidia card to display to monitor with dvi-D cable and vga is also plugged when i unplugged the vga cable display show nothing and my display is showing that the display is connected to intel hd graphics 4600 not with[ATTACH] nvidia graphics[ATTACH]this is the...
  9. Nvidia, Span Multiple Monitors, "Store" problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia, Span Multiple Monitors, "Store" problem: If you are running multiple monitors with Nvidia cards, you can span multiple monitors. In order to do that you need to use the Nvidia Control Panel. When you select a change in the Nvidia Control Panel, it will check to see if any utility is running that might cause...
  10. How to move the start menu with Nvidia Surround Enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move the start menu with Nvidia Surround Enabled: I have 3 monitors enabled with Nvidia Surround configuration. I can move the task bar to the center screen but all my icons default to the left screen and when I click the start menu, it pops up in the left screen. Is there any way to move the start menu to the center screen?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. span displays with surround nvidia

2. nvidia span desktop

3. nvidia span displays with surround

4. why wont my computer let me click on span displays on surround,
  5. what is surround spanning options,
  6. nvidia surround span windows,
  7. nvidia span dislplays,
  8. what is graphics surround,
  9. span displays with surround,
  10. what is span displays with surround,
  11. what is span displays with surround on windows 10?,