Windows 10: What Is OneDrive and How Do I Control It?

Discus and support What Is OneDrive and How Do I Control It? in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Many people know about Google Drive and iCloud, but what is OneDrive? In short, it’s a similar cloud storage option, but it comes from Microsoft. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

What Is OneDrive and How Do I Control It?

Many people know about Google Drive and iCloud, but what is OneDrive? In short, it’s a similar cloud storage option, but it comes from Microsoft. You can do many of the same things with it as other clouds. But the great part is that you don’t have to worry about using a third-party tool on […]

The post What Is OneDrive and How Do I Control It? appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Apr 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Control panel and OneDrive not opening

Hello Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• What happens when you click on Control Panel?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Did you install all pending Windows updates?
    • Did you make any changes in your system prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list and then check if its working. If not I suggest you to refer to the steps mentioned by
    Steverid and check if it helps:

Windows 10 control panel not working

And related to OneDrive issue, I suggest you to post the query in One drive forum to get assistance with OneDrive issues.

Microsoft Community

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 5, 2021
  4. RonForbes Win User

Windows 10 - Control panel and OneDrive not opening

I am unable to open OneDrive and the Control Panel on Windows 10 App list. This started only a couple of weeks ago. Any suggestions?

RonForbes, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. What Is OneDrive and How Do I Control It? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Control

2. Can't Access OneDrive Work Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access OneDrive Work Account: I can access my home account OneDrive in Windows 10 but I can't get into my work account. It tries to load for a long time but then says that it failed to load. How do I delete this account so I can try again?...
  3. Removal of OneDrive folder from PC

Removal of OneDrive folder from PC: Since I no longer needed OneDrive on one of my Windows PCs I "uninstalled" OneDrive. I would now like to delete the OneDrive user folder from the C: drive on that PC - it's contents appear to be corrupted so it is impossible to just delete the folder. Is there any way to...
  4. Contents of my OneDrive appear different when viewed from different pc's.

Contents of my OneDrive appear different when viewed from different pc's.: From my desktop PC, I can see on my OneDrive a Documents folder and a Personal Vault. From the laptop, I can see those same two folders plus several other folders and files. Why do I not see on my OneDrive the same contents?...
  5. How can I control where OneDrive puts a file when I tell it to make it always available on...

How can I control where OneDrive puts a file when I tell it to make it always available on...: I'm new to OneDrive and badly messed it up when I first installed it. After getting help, I did finally learn how to have OneDrive also save some of my more vital to be available when offline files on my computer. Now the problem is, I have absolutely no idea where it is...
  6. Setting up a laptop in a way that allows necessary control of the oneDrive

Setting up a laptop in a way that allows necessary control of the oneDrive: First I'll explain what should not have happened when I recently set up a laptop, and then I'll explain what should have. When I set up my new laptop, Microsoft made some blunders that cost me dearly. Specifically, they: Decided without consulting me whether I even...
  7. Onedrive controlled files can't be accessed/deleted 0x80070780 after Windows update to v2004

Onedrive controlled files can't be accessed/deleted 0x80070780 after Windows update to v2004: The Problem: I have OneDrive on my work laptop connected to our company SharePoint and it backs up my user files Documents, Desktop, Pictures, etc and a few other key directories. A few days ago, I updated Windows 10 from v1909 to v2004 by joining the insider program and...
  8. Why am I able to control two computers at the sametime with the same OS (C) OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why am I able to control two computers at the sametime with the same OS (C) OneDrive?: I want to only be able to control one computer with the same OS (C) how would I do this? I'm controlling another computer in my house that I don't want to control. I'm working on a computer that needs a lot of Disk Space and my other computer has almost none. Because my...
  9. Taking back control of your folders from OneDrive

Taking back control of your folders from OneDrive: When I first set up my computer, I enabled OneDrive, foolishly thinking it might be useful on a limited basis for sharing some information with friends and family. I just assumed it would be there if I ever wanted to use it. NOT SO. That damn thing takes over your...
  10. Office 365 OneDrive bandwidth consumption and controls

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 OneDrive bandwidth consumption and controls: I've set up a new Office 365 subscription on my desktop system. I'm gradually moving folders into the OneDrive folder. OneDrive seems to be having a serious negative effect on network bandwidth for the other computers and tablets on my home network. I'm on the 12 Mbps to 18...