Windows 10: What Is OneDrive and How Do I Control It?

Discus and support What Is OneDrive and How Do I Control It? in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Many people know about Google Drive and iCloud, but what is OneDrive? In short, it’s a similar cloud storage option, but it comes from Microsoft. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

What Is OneDrive and How Do I Control It?

Many people know about Google Drive and iCloud, but what is OneDrive? In short, it’s a similar cloud storage option, but it comes from Microsoft. You can do many of the same things with it as other clouds. But the great part is that you don’t have to worry about using a third-party tool on […]

The post What Is OneDrive and How Do I Control It? appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Apr 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Control panel and OneDrive not opening

Hello Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• What happens when you click on Control Panel?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Did you install all pending Windows updates?
    • Did you make any changes in your system prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list and then check if its working. If not I suggest you to refer to the steps mentioned by
    Steverid and check if it helps:

Windows 10 control panel not working

And related to OneDrive issue, I suggest you to post the query in One drive forum to get assistance with OneDrive issues.

Microsoft Community

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 5, 2021
  4. RonForbes Win User

Windows 10 - Control panel and OneDrive not opening

I am unable to open OneDrive and the Control Panel on Windows 10 App list. This started only a couple of weeks ago. Any suggestions?

RonForbes, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. What Is OneDrive and How Do I Control It? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Control

2. Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...: The default setting in OneDrive for shortcuts on the desktop which are stored in the "Desktop" folder in OneDrive is not correct. It should be "Always keep on this device" for the following reasons:1. The ".lnk" files which contain the shortcuts are very small, and would not...
  3. Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...: The default setting in OneDrive for shortcuts on the desktop which are stored in the "Desktop" folder in OneDrive is not correct. It should be "Always keep on this device" for the following reasons:1. The ".lnk" files which contain the shortcuts are very small, and would not...
  4. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: Hi,I would like to select which folders one drive uses for my memories notifications. It selects bitmaps or png and I have a separate picture folder that I would like it to select from only.Thank you...
  5. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: Hi,I would like to select which folders one drive uses for my memories notifications. It selects bitmaps or png and I have a separate picture folder that I would like it to select from only.Thank you...
  6. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...: For example, I have set up my Pixel 7 OneDrive to upload Camera images to the OneDrive server. But when I look at the security on the files in Windows, the security on the file does not inherit the security from the "Pictures" folder.How do I change this behavior?...
  8. How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...: For example, I have set up my Pixel 7 OneDrive to upload Camera images to the OneDrive server. But when I look at the security on the files in Windows, the security on the file does not inherit the security from the "Pictures" folder.How do I change this behavior?...
  9. How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...

10. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: I want to limit the "Your Memories from this Day" feature to only pull from the pictures folder in One Drive. It currently pulls any images from any folder in my one drive, not just the Pictures folder.I cannot find any good info online about how to limit what folders the...