Windows 10: What is "pallet"?

Discus and support What is "pallet"? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As in "Pallet size" or color. I guess I missed that memo. 23940 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Sep 23, 2015.

1. tcebob Win User

What is "pallet"?

As in "Pallet size" or color. I guess I missed that memo.

:)

tcebob, Sep 23, 2015
  2. what!?!? Win User

Apps not closing, still running in background

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for a "close all" function. Sometimes I intentionally want to leave an app running. In windows phone 8.1, I could exit and close th app by merely selecting the arrow/back button, I am looking for that same functionality.
    When I'm in an app, I want to be able to exit directly from there and not have it continuing in the background.

what!?!?, Sep 23, 2015
  3. what!?!? Win User
    Apps not closing, still running in background

I just got my Lumia 950 phone. On my prior Windows phone, when I pressed the arrow/back button on the bottom left screen, I would exit the app. On Windows 10 phone, I've been doing that and I just realized I'm not exiting the apps. I had intentionally not
    exited an app (because it had my boarding pass). Instead of back button, I pressed the middle window button. Later when I went back to call up my airline app, I pressed the arrow/back button and held it. Similar to my old windows phone, it showed me all the
    apps that were open. SURPRISE! unlike my previous phone, no app had been closing. Right now, I can't seem to find a "one click" way to exit an app. The only way is after I've done a few things, I hold the back button and click the "X" on each of the open items.

Can someone tell me how to exit an app with one click or swipe so that it is not still running, i.e. when I press the back button I will not see it? I'm sure this is something simple. I search the instructions that came with the phone and looked in the
    forum but haven't found the answer.

thanks in advance the assist.

what!?!?, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

What is "pallet"?

Need disambiguation -

Pallet - flat wooden platform assembly for transporting and storing various types of bulk packaged and other goods
    Palette - selection of colors or the platform which a paint artist selects current colors from and mixes them upon - I reckon this is the one you mean?

Word Man, Sep 23, 2015
  5. DavidE Win User
    DavidE, Sep 23, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    Rocky, Sep 24, 2015
  7. tcebob Win User
    Actually, no. I already knew the dictionary definitions of palette and pallet. But, this being a forum about Windows 10, I thought the word would ring a bell. In Win 10, in Control Panel\Display there is an option to change Palette titles text size. So, what is a Palette?

tcebob, Sep 24, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

What is "pallet"?

Palette window: A modeless secondary window that displays a toolbar or other choices, such as colors or patterns. Compare dialog box and message box

The Palette Title setting affects the title bar of floating palettes. Examples are: Paint's color box after dragging it away from the edge of the Paint window.

Cliff S, Sep 24, 2015
  9. tcebob Win User
    Ah, so. Thank you for the info.

tcebob, Sep 24, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What is "pallet"?

1. What is "pallet"? - Similar Threads - pallet

2. Blue Shift to bad color pallets when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Shift to bad color pallets when gaming: Apparently, for whatever reasons, certain PC games have a tendency to have this Blue Hue for the entirety of the game to simply having every possible pixel color combination being completely un-understandable. Granted, the Blue Hue games, such as RWBY: Grimm Eclipse & My Time...
  3. Blue Shift to bad color pallets when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Shift to bad color pallets when gaming: Apparently, for whatever reasons, certain PC games have a tendency to have this Blue Hue for the entirety of the game to simply having every possible pixel color combination being completely un-understandable. Granted, the Blue Hue games, such as RWBY: Grimm Eclipse & My Time...
  4. How to Customize Color Pallet for Specific Third-Party Apps Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Customize Color Pallet for Specific Third-Party Apps Dark Mode: Are there any tools, either as a developer kit or other apps that anyone knows about that can be used to alter the UI of any application Third-Party on a Windows 10 computer to make the application UI darker?High Contrast just makes everything worse....
  5. Windows colour pallete getting confused on launch of apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows colour pallete getting confused on launch of apps: So here's the issue, reboot computer and colour pallete displays correctly. Launch and app and the pallete gets confused. Not a driver issue a windows issue after reading all the fob offs on previous complaints. What's the issue?...