Windows 10: What is "password" user in user list at login screen?

Discus and support What is "password" user in user list at login screen? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; [img] What is this? How can I remove it from login screen? 13747 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Srele, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Srele Win User

What is "password" user in user list at login screen?

What is "password" user in user list at login screen? [​IMG]

What is this? How can I remove it from login screen?

:)

Srele, Aug 6, 2015
  2. CraigLaw Win User

After Windows 10 upgrade, the only User listed is an unknown user. Cant log in!

After upgrading to Windows 10, the only user noted on the login screen is "support". The regular user of this PC is not listed and their Password does not work. Help!

CraigLaw, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Cannot log into my computer!

I tried the suggestions listed here, to no avail. Also, I can login successfully on my phone with my existing credentials. My husband can login on the pc. I still get "user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded message. What next?

SallyBoudinot, Aug 6, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Right click on start icon and select control panel. Select user accounts. You may see those accounts listed there. If your not familiar with them you'l be able to remove them from that screen.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Srele Win User
    I did that but there is only 2 accounts visible (regular people). They are local accounts not Microsoft Accounts. Does this maters?

Srele, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What is "password" user in user list at login screen? - Similar Threads - password user user

2. All AD Joined user list showing in Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All AD Joined user list showing in Login Screen: I only want last signed in user, but not all users who has signed in to the system.If i do Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in i wont see any user.But i want only Last Signed user to be displayed in Login Screen....
  3. All AD Joined user list showing in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All AD Joined user list showing in Login Screen: I only want last signed in user, but not all users who has signed in to the system.If i do Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in i wont see any user.But i want only Last Signed user to be displayed in Login Screen....
  4. All AD Joined user list showing in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forgot user login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot user login password: Hello i was away for 3 months and now that i came home i have forgotten my windows 10 login password... i cant remember the answers to my 3 secret questions... i remember 2 answers but its not enough.. in the bios settings i found “admin password” and “user passowrd” i...
  6. User accounts / login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  7. List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing: Here is my startup screen - as you can see it only allows the last user to Login. There is no way for any other users to login - they aren't listed and there isn't an option to login as another user. This used to work - I'm afraid I can't say exactly when it stopped - a few...
  8. Multiple users on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multiple users on login screen: Hi guys I'd like to use Prey project on my notebook. I recently updated from windows 8 pro to windows 10. Prey software is effective only if thief can use my notebook. I set up guest account without password but every time i start computer I have to enter username and...
  9. Startup user is not in user list

Startup user is not in user list: At startup Win 10 quickly goes to a user and says "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again". I click OK and then select the proper user from a list on the left of the screen, then click "Sign In" and everything is fine. That first user is not in my list of users....
  10. How to remove a user from the list on the login screen

How to remove a user from the list on the login screen: It is my interpretation of what will be required when we upgrade to 2018 creators update (1803). This update will remove the HomeGroup. I have tried to set up a method which will use windows credentials to allow access to files on a PC on the same LAN. This needs a username...