Windows 10: What is PerfLogs folder in Windows 10

Discus and support What is PerfLogs folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows has a built-in logging system that allows the OS to collect a performance-based log. These logs are useful for diagnosis to find out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 9, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

What is PerfLogs folder in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2020
  3. PerfLogs

I just noticed a PerfLogs folder on my computer, generated when i updated to the newest version of Windows 10. What is it, does it go away automatically or is it there to stay and why did my computer generate it when I updated? (located right under my
    users folder)

Daniel Mehlum Ingebrigtsen, Aug 9, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. What is PerfLogs folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - PerfLogs folder

2. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  3. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  4. quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11: the quick access area on top of files when opening file explorer, no longer theirfile explorer only shows recent and favorite filesi have run DISM.exe came back with no problem....
  5. What is the PerfLogs folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the PerfLogs folder?: Hello. I have recently noticed that there is a folder in my C: drive that is called PerfLogs. Does anybody know what is this? When I tried opening it, a popup told me that I couldn't open the folder because I did not have permission to do so, so I don't actually know what it...
  6. What is the PerfLogs folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the PerfLogs folder?: Hello. I have recently noticed that there is a folder in my C: drive that is called PerfLogs. Does anybody know what is this? When I tried opening it, a popup told me that I couldn't open the folder because I did not have permission to do so, so I don't actually know what it...
  7. What is the PerfLogs folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PerfLogs folder didn't recreate automatically.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PerfLogs folder didn't recreate automatically.: I deleted PerLogs folder and it didnt recreate automatically.Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/perflogs-folder-didnt-recreate-automatically/61e46799-8e90-4b3a-b0b9-a4953d2bb44b
  9. PerfLogs folder with date much older than my laptop recently appeared on my C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PerfLogs folder with date much older than my laptop recently appeared on my C drive.: Hi everyone. Today I noticed on my C drive that there is a folder called PerfLogs. The Date of the file is 2019-12-07. I purchased this laptop at the end of November, so I don't understand the date on the file. Does anyone know what might be going on?...
  10. PerfLogs Missing Win10 x64 Pro 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    PerfLogs Missing Win10 x64 Pro 1809: Hello, Fresh install of my os windows 10 pro x64 1809 and i noticed PerfLogs folder is missing, Not even re-created by windows, I am 100% i didn't delete it, Nor i could find it using search function. Is it removed by 1809 version? 121068