Windows 10: What is Photos Media Engine Add-on and how to install it on Windows 11/10

Discus and support What is Photos Media Engine Add-on and how to install it on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Photos app on Windows is one of the best image viewers or editors with basic features for a normal user. There is an add-on that is available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 2, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

What is Photos Media Engine Add-on and how to install it on Windows 11/10

WinClub, Dec 2, 2021

2. Photo options and search engine in Windows 10

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

When you say skip movies, music and games, what exactly do you mean by that?

I would suggest you to use Photo app in Windows 10 so that all the photos will be listed in one place.

For reference Photos app for Windows help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Note : Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

You can use any search engine you desire. Bing comes as default search engine in Windows 10. If you prefer some other search engine then you can use that search engine.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 2, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 2, 2021
  4. What is Photos Media Engine Add-on and how to install it on Windows 11/10

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

What is Photos Media Engine Add-on and how to install it on Windows 11/10

1. What is Photos Media Engine Add-on and how to install it on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Photos Media Engine

2. how can i block installation of Addon Media engine for Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i block installation of Addon Media engine for Photos: hi guyshow can i stop that photos install everytime this peace of S*** of Media Engine-Add-On ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-block-installation-of-addon-media-engine/73567a75-74f7-493c-b400-82c76120e9eb
  3. how can i block installation of Addon Media engine for Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i block installation of Addon Media engine for Photos: hi guyshow can i stop that photos install everytime this peace of S*** of Media Engine-Add-On ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-block-installation-of-addon-media-engine/73567a75-74f7-493c-b400-82c76120e9eb
  4. Photos Media Engine Add-on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Media Engine Add-on: i just got a prompt to install Photos Media Engine Add-on so i did. The installation asked me which computer and it listed 2 of them. ONE of them is a computer I no longer own. How do I remove that computer from Microsoft?????W10-64 Pro...
  5. How do I Delete Photos media engine add on

How do I Delete Photos media engine add on: How do I Delete Photos media engine add on. I did not even Download it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-photos-media-engine-add-on/84b0014f-7af2-44c2-acee-6a08a7fc4c96
  6. How do I prevent Windows from automatically installing add-ons such as "photos media engine...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent Windows from automatically installing add-ons such as "photos media engine...: I disabled all updates, but this suddenly just installed on its own without notice. Is there a way to prevent Windows from installing things like this in the future? submitted by /u/Hex4869 [link] [comments]...
  7. "Photo media engine add in" will cause my computer to restart in idle state“”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Photo media engine add in" will cause my computer to restart in idle state“”: My laptop will always reboot after several minutes idle. I try to reinstall the system, but it is still the same. Finally I find the problem caused by "Photo media engine add in", an extra application which will install automatically when open the "Photos" application. I...
  8. How do I remove "photos media engine add-on"? Why is MS installing this without my knowledge?

How do I remove "photos media engine add-on"? Why is MS installing this without my knowledge?: I connected my iPhone to my Windows 10 version 1803 computer via USB. While deleting photos on the iPhone and moving others to my computer, I received a message the "photos media engine add-on" had been downloaded and installed. I am not able to find any information via the...
  9. photo media add on

photo media add on: what does the photo media engine add on do how does it work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-media-add-on/fe06072c-1e17-4ecd-aa75-c765d883c3f6
  10. What does the Photos Media Engine Add-on do?

What does the Photos Media Engine Add-on do?: Newer builds of the Microsoft Photo App automatically install the PhotosMedia Engine Add-on, itself an app available in the Microsoft App Store. The description reads: "This add-on activates advanced search capabilities in Microsoft Photos and subsequently helps users find...