Windows 10: what is preventing shoutdown and restart?

Discus and support what is preventing shoutdown and restart? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; what is preventing shout down and restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LindaMarsh1, Sep 30, 2019.

1. what is preventing shoutdown and restart?

what is preventing shout down and restart

:)

LindaMarsh1, Sep 30, 2019
  2. little cat, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

what is preventing shoutdown and restart? [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

what is preventing shoutdown and restart? [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Sep 30, 2019
  4. GAnlik Win User

what is preventing shoutdown and restart?

Phantom app preventing restart or shutdown on Windows 10

Thanks for your reply.

The steps did not resolve the problem. However they did prevent useful items such as Dropbox from restarting automatically after a restart.

Your steps probably did help me do some housekeeping that may have been beneficial.

GAnlik, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

what is preventing shoutdown and restart?

1. what is preventing shoutdown and restart? - Similar Threads - preventing shoutdown restart

2. Mysterious app preventing restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious app preventing restart.: I have no idea what app this is, and I am very careful on the internet so I doubt it is some sort of malware.The app is named as {527f62b4-263f-4711-835a-1012c88ba4fa}...
  3. Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working: I have been facing many issues since 2 months ago, my new laptop shut down and restart take too much time after the update, also I can't get the update of windows 11i tried the troubleshooting method,but that did not work out....
  4. Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working: I have been facing many issues since 2 months ago, my new laptop shut down and restart take too much time after the update, also I can't get the update of windows 11i tried the troubleshooting method,but that did not work out....
  5. Bitlocker Prevents Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker Prevents Restart: Split from this thread.Hello, I am experiencing the same issue on my Dell Inspiron 13-7353Windows 10 Home. I left it on sleeping with the lid closed overnight and now I am getting startup repair screen with message: C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt When I try and...
  6. Is there a way to prevent windows from restarting no matter what if a specific program is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to prevent windows from restarting no matter what if a specific program is...: Basically, I have software always running on my computer, and if windows decided to reboot or end my session without first notifying me, there is a very high chance that a bunch of data gets corrupted, forcing me to load backups every time and losing a bunch of progress in...
  7. AMG app is preventing restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    AMG app is preventing restart: AMG app, is this a known malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amg-app-is-preventing-restart/da00646f-1154-4dad-b5f4-114db0bc9c74
  8. Prevent restart for upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent restart for upgrades: How can I prevent restarts to install upgrades. My computer is failing on restarts and I don't want upgrades installed while I'm trouble shooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-restart-for-upgrades/ff3649be-fa37-4ffc-90eb-736207f77886
  9. preventing restart due to updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    preventing restart due to updates: hi, I think this is a reasonable request, I want my PC to never restart due to updates until I restart it. Is this possible nowadays? I've tried looking in settings and there's 'Show a notification when a restart is required' option but, today, as happened previous, I didn't...
  10. Preventing System Shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preventing System Shutdown/restart: is there a way to avoid a forced restart? Many times I have work open, and microsoft windows FORCES a restart when I'm not watching. is there a way to absolutely PREVENT the computer from restarting due to updates?...